Why the fuck are the RX 400/500 (especially) getting so damn pricey?

Why the fuck are the RX 400/500 (especially) getting so damn pricey?

I wanted to build a budget R5 budget build but now I am fucked.

Can someone explain please?

(Like this dumb fucker:

ebay.com/itm/132218495564?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Details-about-MSI-RX-480-8GB-Gaming-X-edition-BOX-ONLY-NO-GPU-/332242822364?hash=item4d5b3724dc:g:fkkAAOSwsXFZOF2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ethereum cryptocurrency mining

Cryptocurrency miners are buying them all.

Mining. Get rid of your brand loyalty and buy a 1060.

Why is it just happening now?
But muh freesync and Ryzen compatibility, plus the 580 has more vram and is more powerful (8gb model).

freesync/gsync are literally a meme

Explain.
I currently have 1050ti and on Doom when I shake my screen up and down violently and get some screen tear.

its a bubble. same shit happened with bitcoin and dogecoin, and the same retards are going to be left with 1000s of wasted dollars worth of hardware when the shit crashes or becomes impossible to mine (in the case of ETH, both will happen)

Good thing I sold my 480 fast for $410 then

now should i just wait for vega or go nvidia?

Vega.
Couldn't hurt I suppose.

Don't fall for the wait meme.
Either you need a graphics card now, and don't wait. Or you don't need a graphics card and wait until you do need one.
This is completely independent of releases, otherwise you will get burned falling for marketing strategies.

so when are people going to lose faith in buttcoins?

If you use FPS limits and set it to match your monitor's frequency screen tearing is literally a non issue provided that your GPU can run the program at the FPS you set your limiter to.

Will the cards post coin-collapse be worth buying? Or will the mining have fried them?

i don't know about the US, but all amd cards in canada are on backorder for 2 weeks. just order them now and they'll ship then. the expected ship date is the 26 to 30th depending on retailer/card.

The prices of 290/290X/390/390Xs are also completely fucked right now thanks to the mining bubble. Not the Fury cards though, so I guess they must be shit for that purpose for some reason.

Nope,same kind of earning/day as something like a 1070.

Just there are a lot more things like 1070s in stock that people can buy large orders of. Not so with the Fury cards.

The Fury cards haven't increased in price at all on the used market though, despite Hawaii/Grenada prices doubling. They're cheaper than 480s, despite having nearly double the amount of shaders (which I thought was the key factor for mining).

>bubble
>wasted hardware
Heh.

But yeah you're pretty much fucked if you want a Polaris card op.

Sure thing champ.

If anyone knew this they'd make a fuckton of money. The truth is that it's going to crash, but no-one knows when, and that's what is driving the market.

This. Miners are buying them all.

Why there is a crypto bubble right now is a good question, but there is one - just like there's historically been tulip bubbles, stock market bubbles and so on.

Just buy a nvidia card. You want to be selling AMD graphics cards if you have them, you don't want to be buying them right now.

As for VEGA, there is no point in waiting. What you want to do with VEGA is really simple: look up the prices of ETH and ZEC when it's released. Has the crypto bubble burst yet? If it has then buy one for your gaming needs. If it hasn't and it's still a bubble bubbling upwards then you should do what I will do; pre-order as many cards as you can afford and flip'em once every retail outlet is out of stock. And they will be very quickly unless the bubble has popped by then.

>Or will the mining have fried them?
This doesn't happen for some reason. Seriously. The vast majority of cards out there can run at full load for years and years without any issue at all. Actually, the part that will likely die is the PSU.

Efficiency is actually what ruins graphics cards from mining, not wear and tear. If new cards that use 2/3'rd or half the power of your cards come out then others will buy those and mine with those and as the difficulty of mining goes up your cards become unprofitable.

GPU mining

got my spare RX 570 working ethereum atm, though I've got nothing to show for it for like 30 hours of mining so far, I'm in a pool.

But then you just hold onto your hardware until the next mine-able coin hits.

Or you can just sell the cards, you already made profit from the GPUs if you got in at the right time

get a job dummy

Then dont shake it baka

Why on earth did you buy a 1050ti over an RX 470? it was 50% faster for $20 more

are 1080's decent at mining?

wish I'd bought some buttcoins from back in the day when Sup Forums first found it but eh wateva

Nvidia's cards are ok at mining, but AMD's cards are simply much better at it.

I got the 1050ti for $110 which basically makes it within the 470 value of price per perf. Plus no external PSU is great.

>sold my 480 for 400 bucks
>bought a 1070 to replace it

btc @ $2,000 usd

kek

FUCKING FINALLY

Should I get a 3gb 1060?

nope, 6gb or nothing

lel my 1080 ti and two 1070s i bought for this bullshit bubble will be paid off in 11 days and 6 days respectively

this is the fourth or fifth time Sup Forums has called bitcoin and altcoin bubbles and every single time without fail ive made a bunch of money

looking forward to next time

Sold my R9 390 for 420 bucks and gonna buy 1060 for around 320 (my country is post-soviet shithole so prices are that high).
R8

when the fuck is vega coming out, 2019?

Next month.

Miningfags driving up the price
Wait for them to be reasonably priced again or get a 1060

Those are also being bought by miners.

>Miners buy up the AMD cards
>then they buy the nvidia cards

FUCKING MINERS JESUS CHRIST

Least when they buy nvidia cards they aren't hurting AMD by doing so, since it's another nvidia card kept out of the hands of a steam user.

Funny enough, I didnt notice that behaviour in Europe. At least in my part - 480s are all gone from shops but 580s are still here and with right prices.

Buy superior Nvidia products at good prices rather than buying AYYMD HOUSEFIRES at silly prices

>WHERE

If I have a 1070, how much can I mime per day? (Best mining solution)

Seconded. 3gb 1060 is a marketing scheme, not a solution to gpu

Basically this. You shouldn't be buying a GPU with less than 6GB in 2017 unless you want to run all games with low textures.

Nobody buys the 3GB 1060. The only reason it exists is so nVidia can advertise a lower """"as low as"""" price.

not everyone can leech of mommy and daddy paying their electric bill kiddo

t. someone who doesnt have a freesync/gsync monitor

But people are buying the 3GB 1060, because it says nvidia, same with buying the 1050ti over the RX 470, way more people have the 1050ti on steam despite it being a far worse card for the money compared to the 470 at it's launch price

whattomine.com

I can offer you a box for £20

ebay.co.uk/itm/Details-about-MSI-RX-480-8GB-Gaming-X-edition-BOX-ONLY-NO-GPU-/332242822364?hash=item4d5b3724dc:g:fkkAAOSwsXFZOF2E

is it worth getting a used 280x for 80€ to equihash mine?
also wtf is up with retards selling 280x's for >$200 on ebay?

Unless you get it at the right price, and don't underestimate the idiots that buy prebuilts and put that thing inside or are too dumb to change PSUs.

Depends on the country, in ones with more expensive electricity (>0.20€/kWh), it hasn't picked up much, only amd cards are out of stock because of suppliers - some 1070's are still around, and the used market is more or less stable, I still see 470 selling below 300€

the majority of the market (even muh gamers) doesnt require as much computation as before

therefor even though nvidia has the best(tm) performance got gaming

AMD is far greater price for performance ratio

hardware and software has gone a long way and intel just wants to rack up on a monopoly while AMD has always tried to adopt new technology to be competitive

AMD also works with open graphics drivers while nvidias require binary blobs

t. nocoiner