No memes

Debian, Ubuntu or Fedora for everyday use?
Dual booting with W10.

Other urls found in this thread:

getfedora.org/en/workstation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install gentoo

Fedora

Manjaro, no joke.

This.

No memes, really.

Debian if you don't have hardware made in the past two-three years and don't care about being bleeding edge.

Fedora if you're like "No, actually I do care about being bleeding edge. Or at least being more up-to-date than Debian"

Ubuntu if you're like "I don't know what that means, just tell me what I should use"

>No memes
>Dual booting with W10

Of those three, I'd go with Fedora. My experience with apt hasn't been too great.

However, Fedora avoids (not entirely, but mostly) having nonfree software in their official repos. RPMFusion is really great, but might be too much effort for someone who wants everything to just werk.

Debian if you care about freedom. If you don't, then it probably doesn't matter a huge amount.

Debian stable is terrible on the desktop because everything's old, but debian testing is fine.

Ubuntu's installer has no way to do dmcrypt + lvm as far as I know, which sucks. Ubuntu also installs a lot of useless and/or potentially malicious shit initially, like start menu ads and zeitgeist.
I don't see why you'd go with Ubuntu over Debian unless you can't use computers.

You could also consider Arch. It's not nearly as bad as people on Sup Forums make it out to be. I've never had any system stability problems; the only issues I've had were with a few individual packages. I'm considering switching back to Debian because Arch throws in nonfree packages with their free packages without any warning.

I forgot to add. Fedora uses the SELinux kernel, which was made by the NSA, which is always a bad sign.

so, they allow you to essentially pirate packages?
wow, where can i download the exe?

S O L U S
O
L
U
S

well memed my friend

>because Arch throws in nonfree packages with their free packages without any warning.
example of this?

Ubuntu for everything, Fedora for work and debian for freedom.

>w10
Dude, you MS will be angry with you.

Debian or Ubuntu depending on your knowledge, they're fairly similar.

Korora if you want a usable RPM-based daily driver.

Fedora if you like crippled crypto/multimedia in the official repo and not being able to use the latest release because the halfdozen 3rd-party repos you need haven't updated yet.

steam

you seem to have never used Fedy on Fedora. Fedora is the most stable daily driver I've had while also being on the very edge.

>Fedora avoids (not entirely, but mostly) having nonfree software in their official repos

>Arch throws in nonfree packages with their free packages

wow people actually care about that?

nsa though

>installs malicious shit
>start menu ads
t. someone who actually never used Ubuntu
I find it amazing how debianfags somehow think they are superior to Ubuntu users.
Nevertheless Ubuntu is the best by far for desktop use. You can use it just like debian once you set a password for root and unity desktop is way better than gnome. Gnome comes bloated with dogshit games meanwhile Unity comes bloated with actually USEFUL stuff like the startup disk creator, software store et cetera.

This. Most solid OS I've ever used. It's just the god damn best around.

>he thinks unity still exists
>he doesn't know how to install gnome-core

Gnome core doesn't cover up the fact that gnome is complete dogshit even if you install dash to dock or similar extensions.

>Please set your clock back because we can't into SSL
Yeah, "solid" distro.

netrunner

i run the basic plasma-desktop, don't have to convince me

KDE and Unity are the only decent desktop environments for Linux.

W10 is fine for your purposes

>software store
cancer

>Unity
it's dead though

Holy shit.
Just looked at fedora's site, the chub advertising it uses a thinkpad. getfedora.org/en/workstation/
This is the real deal.