Looking to get my A+ certification. I've built a couple computers in the past...

Looking to get my A+ certification. I've built a couple computers in the past, but I'm not sure if I shouly take boot camp or the long way. Anyone with experience in either option have any advice?

Don't waste your time

Why?
Not OP, but I was thinking of doing the same thing
It'd be nice to have a cert for a tech job

You didn't read through books?

Building a computer isn't all there is to A+. That is only I think around 1/4.

worthless cert.

It's for people that don't want to actually want to learn about computers, but want to say that they are experts

Op here, bit of clarification. I'm looking to become a database technician, not good money, but it's my passion :) anyways I need the certification either way, but is taking the boot camp too much to learn in too short of a time span? Or should i actually take a year to learn the concepts thouroughly?

>Database technician
This isn't a job, do you mean a DBA? Getting an A+ has nothing to do with databases
You seem like you're young, please listen to me when I tell you not to fall for these places, they are predatory institutions far more interested in your money than teaching you
If you want to learn about databases, you're going to need to understand data structures and how it gets processed through software, take an intro CS/SE course at a community college, and see if it's something you actually like, don't commit to some scammy for profit school or boot camp.

Talk to as many A+ as you can find and ask how they got it

I've been NEET for a lil while now. Just trying to figure out where I'm going and learning about it at the moment. I know i want to be doing the physical labour part and maintaining of servers. I believe thats called a System Administrator but not completely sure.

That's two different jobs, a desktop tech and sysadmin
Desktop tech pays like 16/h max, it isn't a real career
For sysadmin you're going to want to do IT at a school, but I wouldn't recommend it as a career choice, it's being shipped overseas for cheap

It gets you nothing
and nobody takes the A+ seriously.
"oh wow you know how to turn off a computer, good for you sonny"

Don't listen to the NEETs in here, the A+ will help you tremendously in getting an interview for an entry level IT position (assuming you don't have any kind of degree). The information you learn preparing for it isn't the most helpful but its one of those things you want to have when applying for jobs

Moved thread to here for more clarification

I would literally laugh at you if you brought up an a+ cert during an interview
Accreditations literally are memes

A+ is a stepping stone, but looks good having on your rez for an entry level IT job. Find a company that pays for your education and stack up certs on their dime if you can. Then go out and get a big boy job and make good coin.

Thats what i did, but i also have a bachelors as well.

PS I took a six month prep class and studied like a mofo for both tests. First round was harder than the second exam, IMO. There's a lot of info to remember but it's not overly challenging.

I don't think anyone will be interviewing for NEETs Inc.

I guarantee you I work for a more prestigious company than you've ever interviewed at

Is that what mommy says when you cook the pizza rolls by yourself?

That's what my paycheck says when I see it every other week

Yes and I'm sure you work for a Fortune 500 hiring all of their IT staff because on the internet we're all rich and successful

Dunno if a+ really means much- it once did maybe. Go for net+ or security+

Keep puffing yourself up on the anonymous Taiwanese basket weaving forum, user.
The fact you need to do that tells me you probably aren't working in a place you're all that proud of and/or you're terribly insecure. Enjoy.

Guess I should've refreshed the page before replying, you autists are so predictable when it comes to your epeen that its straight embarrassing

Just want to point out that a CCENT is going to be worth a lot more than a Net+, both in an employers eyes and in what you learn studying. It is a good bit more difficult though

It probably wouldn't hurt to have for a low level IT interview but I don't think it's important.

A+ alone is worthless. You need skillset and people skills. Not all the IT position have Google level competency. Most businesses are normalfag tier and will hire you with a certification/know-how/smoothtalking. From there you can build a career and eventually be hired into a good company with pro ITs at work. With experience from small businesses and bunch of other certificates, it shows your dedication and competency. They will hire you.

Op here, main reason inwant an A+ cert is to get a temp job at a computer repair shop or something along those lines. Just something to prove i have work experience

I once had ccna and my recruiter wanted me to get a+

That makes no sense.

It wasn't a few days ago

Even for that dunno about a+- that's what I did w. Ccna and other certs. I read books and stuff, through clever social engineering discovered which were the best.