Can somebody please explain to me why a 5'' screen requires a 1080p resolution nowadays?

Can somebody please explain to me why a 5'' screen requires a 1080p resolution nowadays?
Do people bring up their phones directly to their eyes or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kEthWT7Y!FhMDC-ImbhXKYydmCeUjI1-F59OtDmRAzL0ltfHzFpk
mega.nz/#!tBlHQbIY!OXoIxANG8eudO5gJHW-7O0hc2_cSnuhEeWg_Rf3Yqdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why would it be -4 str, they look really strong

The same reason people need 4k on 24' screens. Usage conditions don't matter, bigger numbers = better

It's an old ADnD meme. Women get -4 STR to their stats.

Smooth text at much smaller sizes.

i wish manufacturers invested r&d into e-ink instead of gay 10k two inch oleds

Personally, it wouldn't be a problem if only the 3D apps didn't require roughly twice the processing power on FHD screens than on HD screens.

>old ADnD meme.

FAGS
A
G
S

720p @ 5.5 inch display = 267 dpi
1080p @ 5.5 inch display = 400 dpi

Only blind people can't see the difference in them.

dpi is only relevant in regards of the distance of the screen from your eyes.
If you hold it at least a foot from your face, I doubt you can see the difference.

>Holding your phone a foot from your face
Do you know how long a foot is, or do you hold your phone in some weird ass way?

I'm pretty sure it's like hover-over screenshot comparisons of movie releases. You can tell the difference if you really want to, but it's not something you're ever going to notice during casual usage and say "you know, I wish my phone had FOUR TIMES AS MANY PIXELS as this". Point of diminishing returns.

Not the intended purpose, but those high-res screens do have some use in making cellphone VR significantly more tolerable.
I probably wouldn't have bought my headset if my phone's screen wasn't QHD.

>still rocking a 1080p phone in 20flippin17

kek

Uhh.. where can I find more qt orcs?

>Do people bring up their phones directly to their eyes or something?
yeah they litterally do when they use vr faggot

I've got more, if you need me to.

I notice it in video and text m8. 1080p is great. (I did a side to side with a 720p phone and I saw the difference, that was my deciding factor in buying my phone)

Yes, it's called VR

You can't.

It's not.

Please, post what you can.

mega.nz/#!kEthWT7Y!FhMDC-ImbhXKYydmCeUjI1-F59OtDmRAzL0ltfHzFpk
mega.nz/#!tBlHQbIY!OXoIxANG8eudO5gJHW-7O0hc2_cSnuhEeWg_Rf3Yqdk

This is great. Thanks user.

Thanks famalam

female barbarians

>orc women
lmao disgusting

certain PPI is necessary to display certain content like video game UIs or web pages without having to scroll all the time

eyes generally good enough to make out said content

hardware more than adequate to run those resolutions

that's about it. Resolution is not just a matter of PPI or rather how sharp things are, but about how much you can display on the screen.

1440p on mobile phones is just fucking dumb though, give it a rest.

You're an idiot, I definitely notice the difference in the screen when looking at my 720p moto e from a few years ago, my 1080p blu phone and my 1440p galaxy s7.

I do need it

>still rocking qHD in 2017
Feels good.

>dpi is only relevant in regards of the distance of the screen from your eyes.
True.
>If you hold it at least a foot from your face, I doubt you can see the difference.
I don't know how much a foot is, but if the phone doesn't have at least 300 ppi (like mine for example, moto e2) I automatically notice the screen quality is pretty much garbage in comparison of anything above 300 ppi.

A different story now is if you start praying for +400ppi, you actually have to look it with a microscope to notice the pixels, which is completely overkill.
Therefore, 5" is pretty ok at 720p imo. IIRC it was ~295 ppi. You can only notice the pixels (which I do see them) if you stare it at 5cm from your eyes

aaaand I have a new fetish :/

Rock hard.