Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

codewithoutrules.com/2016/11/18/rsi-solution/
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/CVar_processAffinityMask
youtube.com/watch?v=X6BMFCjMaRc
ipmsg.org/tools/fastcopy.html.en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will mechanical keyboard help my wrist pain? I type for a living but it hurt as hell.

>boot up computer
>network adapter doesn't connect automatically
>unplugging and plugging the adapter back in fixes the problem until reboot
>network and sharing
>adapter is called "wi-fi 2"
>disable
>immediately replaced by just "wi-fi"
>connects automatically

>this isn't the first time that this has happened; it was up to like "wi-fi 4" the first time I caught it

What causes this?

that's a posture problem. not a key actuation problem.
you'll need to adjust the keyboard so that your wrists aren't bent when typing.

shit adapter. shit drivers.
if you need wireless and this is a desktop, consider getting a wireless client bridge.
basically a router that connects to your main wifi and converts it to a wired connection.
if it's a laptop, wtf.

I think that 80% of mechanical keyboards need more force to press down the key than membrane ones, so be careful what you choose. Though it might be irrelevant to the wrist strain.. who the fuck knows...

look also for different aspects, like people say that TKL keyboards being short allow them to better align hands and wrists

My wife is a physio and I just shared this with her for her opinion. Neither of us think that there is any ergonomic benefit.

codewithoutrules.com/2016/11/18/rsi-solution/

It's possible to capture line breaks with regex?
>postnumber
linebreak
faggot language
This will filter at least half of the "reddit spacing".

Try Linux. You'll find out if its a hardware or software issue. Try to update your drivers and see if it still happens.

Alright I got a bit of an odd one. New build with a mini EVGA 1060 using a PCIE 16x extension cable does not like my Dell U2412M monitor. Hell it makes the monitor freak the fuck out with what looks like it constantly turning on and off like it's possessed or something. Yet the monitor works just fine (using it right now) with my older PC with a MSI 970. Tried switching cables and all, nothing. Tried all the other ports, nothing.

Yet the 1060 machine works just fine with the PCIE extender and all. It's on and at the desktop right beside me using my spare AOC monitor (which only has DVI and VGA) I picked up from a thift store. Just did a benchmark where it was hitting 76C with it lying on it's side, didn't thermal throttle no issues no artifacts or anything.

It's one loud mofo though, probably didn't help I had it on it's side.

you can try to catch \n or \r\n

yes, lrn2regex101

That works wonders, actually is better than my version that check only one break line after the post number. ty.

SO in my downloads and documents folders I have a bunch of random files with strings of numbers and letters and they're all 0kb, is it safe to delete them or are they actually something else?

whats a good application for viewing gifs?

Today I might take the crown when it comes to asking really stupid questions, it's a legit question though.

My niece used to have a Windows computer, she has more money than brains and got her PC infected with nasty virusses fairly quick.
She moved over to Apple and bought herself a Mac because ''They are so cool and won't get virusses, EVER!!!111! xDD'', y'know how it is with women..

Anyway, she handed me over her old monitor because she always made jokes about mine (I'm still using a 1280x1024 LG one because I couldn't really afford a new one)
She will give me her 1920x1080 Samsung (S27E390H).
Of course I'm grateful and happy but I'm a bit paranoid any virusses might get transitioned trough that to my healthy PC because I read somewhere virusses could possibly be in the storage of even devices. (Like a mouse or a monitor with intergrated memory for saving settings or something)
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I would like to ask you.
Hope to get an answer soon.

Normally browsers use those files as a "name reserve" to not have the user/programs trying to access the file mid-download.
If you aren't downloading anything, delete, nothing of value will be lost.

mpc

The virus your niece may be telling you maybe an ad/pop-up or something, but just to be safe, format without booting it up.
And no, you can't get virus on monitors or mouses. (unless the mouse is designed to have storage)

I'm using a 1060 (6GB) GPU on a 1920x1080 monitor, but the thing is that I'm using a VGA to HDMI adapter on it.

Am I losing any noticeable advantage for not having a HDMI - HDMI cable instead?

Hey there, she did not give me the computer she sold that. Just the screen she gave me, the mouse and keyboard and the headset.
I know that the headset and keyboard have no memory, the screen however seems to be able to ''remember'' settings made to it without software and so does the mouse, should I be worried?

wow, you take the cake
1. Are you being condescending towards women while you yourself know know seemingly even less?
2. niece and uncle, and its the niece that gives her old hardware to the uncle? thats some serious role reverse was there some 30 year gap between siblings

anyway, you wont get virus from the monitor, you can finally enjoy FHD in 2017

How would I define the page that opens first in my Javascript server?

Well... Your router remember your WiFi settings, doesn't that mean it has viruses too?
Don't mix file storage with RAM.

How do I remove entries from ccleaner's application tab? I don't have Firefox or CS6 on this computer anymore.

clean registry? it obviously finds some remnants of it there

[spoiler]How do I do that? I used CCLeaner's registry Cleaner, but it didn't fix that problem.

So these are my PC specs. I can play other shit super well, but when I try to play wow the game just doesn't wanna run well at all. I get >30 fps even while I just walk around the world. The card is a R9 280x. I just don't know what to do, I've clean installed the display drivers and I've fiddled with the ingame settings multiple times over.

dunno there, you could go to regedit and search for firefox or adobe strings
but if I were you I would just ignore it

have you tried the config text file of the game, also turn the stupid aero shit

What do you mean by the config text file? What would I need to fiddle with there?

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/CVar_processAffinityMask
And tons of other hidden settings.

Why do niggers exist?

So we can appreciate white people.

Looking at my config.wtf and that setting no longer seems to exist.

there are countries with very low % of niggers
and if you refering to the US, its because their nigger ancestors were brought on slave ships

GTX 970 for 200 Eu or 1060 3gb Mini for 220 Eu?

AMD cards out of the question cause of the price incease obviously

Help pls.

My phone (Moto G3) is stuck on the splash animation and it freezes when trying to open recovery (TWRP).

Am I fucked? Did I brick the thing?

You seem to be new to this, you have to define it yourself.

The conditions in Africa lead to them having negroid features.
The term "nigger" comes from the spanish word for black (negro).
If you're asking why they exist in America, a small precentage of the population bought African slaves.

I can code. I know multiple languages. What I don't understand is how to take my program from CLI to f.ex. GNOME or MATE panel. I'd like to make simple shit like a search bar for files and a media player overlay.

I can write a CLI program that does what I want but I can't understand how to move the program to GUI or integrate it with a DE.

Redpill me on BlackBird.
Is it effective? Can/Should I use it with any Win10 version?
Is it enough to fill the privacy holes?

you use framework like Qt or GTK

some lines of code, bam window on execution
some more lines of code, button that runs some functions when pressed

>I can code.

Now it's time to learn programming so you can use qt, gtk, wxwidgets and similar tools to create GUI applications.

My "disc reader"(I think that's what it's called) won't open up normally... Its brand New, and I need it to boot up an OS
When I press the button...a green light turns on.
Halp?

The audio coming out of my headphones when plugged into my phone is better than on my laptop

Should I get a DAC?

yes if it is noticeable, check the headphones general/occasional non-ironic audiokek thread if they have one to recommend.

1. you don't need an optical drive to install operating systems in year of the lord, 2017. Look up USB installers
2. in the front of your drive there is a small hole. get a paperclip, straighten it up, insert it in the hole and push the mechanism behind. Your disc tray should open.
youtube.com/watch?v=X6BMFCjMaRc

Usually it will work just fine the next time but keep the paper clip ready.

So it's normal to have it not open with the button until it's booted?

I'm new with computers

it isn't, but there are plenty of shitty drives.

I'm planning on upgrading my RAM (have only 4GB) and i was wondering if it is worth to have a new 8GB RAM running with my old 4GB RAM (with a total of 12GB).
Also, my mobo doesn't have support to DDR4, should i care about not buying a 8GB DDR4 RAM?

How do resistors work?

Do you just cut the wire you want to reduce the wattage of and tie the metal ends around the cables? Do you need to solder them?

I would say it depends on the adapter but you increase your delay for sure. Maybe disable vsync if you are using it that would probably compensate for the extra lag

If your mobo only supports DDR3 you can only put DDR3 in there.
If that new 8GB ram would have higher clocks than old 4GB die they will both work with clock of the slower one.
Also, consider buying 2x 8gb or 2x 4gb for dual channel instead

Do things like Fraps and geforce experience fps counter hinder game performance?

I was wondering about the DDR3 because in a future, if i want to upgrade my pc again, i would need to buy another RAM with DDR4 for my new mobo.
If so, i would just wait until i was able to buy both (mobo with DDR4 socket and 8GB ram DDR4).

Yeah, it would probably be best to wait and get DDR4

Is life really worth living?

No, anything measurable (which it isnt) would be in the margin of error

Still looking for a decent irc client on android. Any ideas?
Ive tried AndChat but its shit imo.

Does anyone know what kind of cable pic related is?
Trying to connect a wired xbox360 controller to my main PC, but starting to think that an adapter is needed.

The adapter should be built in. 360 controllers have a short little breakaway part near the end that they put on for some reason, and end in a normal USB. You seem to be missing the other half of the cable.

nah, you should blast yourself.

Oh, found it.
Apparently the other end was already plugged in.

Ok,
>power surge, wifi router stops working
>unplugging doesn't help it no matter how long it sits
>tried moving it across the room, it seems to randomly work, I got it to come on normally twice through another outlet
>refuses to come back on while plugged into the original outlet

I tried just moving the modem with it but even with all lights giving me a go, I had no internet. I left everything unplugged overnight but I still get the same errors. If I know it performed normally at least once, should I still replace it? It's like 2 years old.

>reddit and memey
kys

Netflix usually had a 10 second rewind button but it seems to have disappeared, anyone know how to get it back?

Are there any good books or tutorials out there to get me started if I want to make my own custom graphic drivers?

Is it possible to play Netflix or Amazon video through MPC HC?

How much processing power does a reverse image search require?

Looking up anime smut on iqdb gives you a message like (searched 13,812,408 images in 3.935 seconds). Is that something a home computer could do in the same time frame?

whats a webpage?

Excel
I want a function where the result can't be higher than 1.

Been trying max functions but I can't get it to work.

Nevermind Min function works

I have crashing issues with some newer games, notably subnautica, shadow of mordor, fo4, and most recently wow legion. Sometimes i can play for hours, sometimes 30 minutes. Ive narrowed the bottleneck down to what i think is my cpu, other than the crashes i get great performance on medium-high settings. My question is will overclocking my cpu *potentially* fix my problem? Ive never overclocked before and im running a stock cooler.

Specs

Cpu amd fx4350
Gpu evga 650ti
Wd black hdd
Ram 8gb corsair vengeance
Mobo some msi mini atx shit

I suggest in a cell, do =MAX(range)

Then in another cell, do =IF(cell>1,1,cell)

E.g.
B8 =MAX( B1:B7 )
B9 =IF(B8>1,1,B8)

Or if you don't want two cells, just replace B8 with the MAX function, but you have to do it twice in the if statement.

Been trying to learn programing and one of my books gave me the task of making a password cracker using multithreading, where you must run at least 3 threads, 2 of which are different thread functions, sharing resources safely between threads via a mutex and signalling between threads using condition variables.

Am I just retarded because this seems pretty hard for my 2nd week of learning multithreading in c++. If anyone could help me out with an algorithm, that'd be great.

I want to cool a server rack that I have by piping out the rear hot air and sending it to a boiler where it will heat hot water. Air to water heat exchange systems all seem to have condensers which I dont want to make the water cold. Is there a product or DIY sort of approach I can take here?

In order of what you should do according to what you said:

check temps
memtest
stress test cpu for errors
check for data corruption in hd

Overclocking tends to make systems more unstable.

It's hard to tell based on evidence presented but in my experience random crashes tend to be heat related. Overclocking the processor might make things WORSE.

Thanks guys ill look into all that when i get home

I get what youre saying and ive suspected the same thing. What confuses me is in other newer games like overwatch, i get perfect performance on max settings with no crashes. I realize games are built differently so i would get different results, but who the fuck crashes during wow? Never happened during warlords. Either way i have tests to run tonight.

If electricity is not a problem could I make some moneys from joining into a pool with my single GTX 1070? I could leave it there to mine 5-6 days for at least 8 hrs a day

By any chance are you crashing during Dalaran load screen? I stopped playing wow a little into nighthold, but that was a common occurrence. Reinstalling wow fixed it for me because Blizzard is generally incompetent. They start out with great games, and slowly ruin them over time (see: HS, WoW, Diablo, SC, HoTS, and HoTS).

The games you listed, FO4, WoW, and I think subnautica, are all poorly optimized so it might actually be a head issue. Good luck and let us know.

Could you recommend me good stress test software?

No, i dont crash during load screens at all, only during gameplay. I was straight up crashing at max settings, but i lowered them and i *rarely* crash, but ill sporadically freeze, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for 30 seconds. Not very good for taiding. Never happened before legion.

Prime95 will tell you when errors occur during the torture test. This will also generate tons of heat which might help out in figuring out his problem

how do i kill myself?

Aida 64 and Prime 95 for CPU / RAM
Superposition and Furmark for GPU

How do I fix subwoofer hum/buzz?

I'm backing up my files from C and D to a new drive but I've got an error saying (Error Code 5: Access is denied), how can I solve this and if solving is not a possible solution, would this cause any big problem? I won't use the drive to boot from it, it's just a last resort in case the drive that C: on it dies and all settings of my programs disappear with it as well. Furthermore, is it okay to just select, let's say C: and the backup drive, and start the back up?

chown -R qbtuser:users /Storage/Downloads
chmod -R 770 /Storage/Downloads
I'm pretty sure running these through CRON produces weird results. Using sshfs I noticed I didn't have permission to that folder, yet when I ran those commands as root there were no issues anymore.

What's going on and how do I fix it?

Am I getting undepaid?

I'm a fresh out of school programmer (no prior job experience) and I'm getting paid 600 Euro monthly (before taxes) for a full time C++ programmer job. The average pay in that position is 1000 Euro. It's a normal thing right?

yes you could make some money

jumping under a train has highest success rate
jumping from really tall buildings on to concrete floor inconvenience less people

A friend brought in a pretty old Inspiron 530 recently, because he thinks the power supply is dead.

>Plugged it in, PSU light is on. Unplugged and opened it up, MOBO light is on as well.

Power button doesn't light at all.

Is this just a failure with the power button connector? Unfortunately I don't have any kind of test bench or rig to find the failure point by elimination.

why not clone it with acronis assuming you can make bootable dvd?
you will have cloned partition so you would even boot from it if needed

anyway, I love this little copy utility
ipmsg.org/tools/fastcopy.html.en

you might land on someone if you jump from a really tall building though

Could router bridging bring better Internet speed than just using wireless PCI-E adapter?

Check with your union what's normal for new grads

>jumping under a train has highest success rate
does it really? I imagine there's a higher chance you'll mess it up with a train and only your legs will get caught in the rails while you stay conscious and scream in pain, while jumping from a really tall building will cause severe blunt trauma through out your body that would likely knock you unconscious instantly if not kill you

most likely power supply problem
to test button you just need to find front panel connectors
disconnect all
and short the ones who are labeled power switch with screwdriver

>fresh out programmer
>am I getting underpaid
No shit.

You should be getting a 50k job and 20 job offers you fucking retarded millennial.

well I know I read some statistic like that someplace
the trains insane momentum just crushes everything
theres probably more force than you jumping from 11 story building as you get up the speed but you dont have the weight...

suck it up for at least 12-18 months
it will get your expeirence up, will look good on your resume
at 12 months ask for raise of course

you are fresh out of school and got a job, you should feel lucky
but to the actual money, if its germany you are getting screwed, if its estonia its pretty ok