Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts's_law
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Child size buttons meant for a tablet
>ADS

Absolutely nothing
Developer preview was the best

The license

I don't understand how anyone could like that or any of what Microsoft's been doing. When you make things huge on the screen and add big spaces in between every element its just makes it more difficult to multitask. It's bad for everything except tablets but I guess that's ok because it's an "experience" not an operating system.

Nothing, i love it on windows 8. I think every OS should have a dedicated full screen page, that you can access with a button, where you can place the things you use more often, instead of navigating inside menus or bloating your desktop with icons; it makes a lot of sense to me. The icons are big so you don't even need much time to develop muscle memory and be super fast in launching programs or accessing content

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts's_law

>stupid ass advertising and shills in your face

*pukes*

> Fitts law
> mfw I use terminal
> size ~0
> but distance ~0
Still a better ratio than your child tablet OS desu

Just because it's consistent with Fitt's law doesn't mean it's not too big for general computing. People should've at least had the option not to use it.

Desktops aren't phones + it looks like shit since
>muh material design
ugh..
Aero, Luna and Windooz Classic were perfect, but minecraftsoft never heard of "If it ain't broke, don't gix it"

Fug
fix***

Just look at it.

It looks like a billboard advertisement

is this what cancer looks like?

It ships on hardware with non-touch I/O

It's useless and looks ugly. Windows 7 had the best GUI in history.

Looks like the interface of an educational game for kids at the ages 5-8

Nothing when used on a tablet and when compared to win10

*Vista

Just the advertisements. Anyone who actually used it can tell you that it's way more useful than the start menu.

You can customize it however you want. Have all your programs right there. Put them in folders. Etc. You know how most winfats put a million icons on their desktop and it looks ugly and cluttered? You can put them there instead, and neatly tile them, but they're out of sight and out of mind until you need them. With the press of a button. Better than Windows 7, by far. Winfats just have permanent baby duck syndrome, so they're terrified of change, even if it's for the better.

this guy gets it. it's actually useful. start menu is ugly, archaic, and mostly just busy work when stuff like metro tiles exist.

it's not that bad. people hate it because they ignored tips on which gestures you should use

Luna was universally hated, after XP was released

i can't contain my laughter

>muh baby duck syndrome
>muh nostalgia
>muh rose tinted glasses

I used it for two years before i got a new computer, and i can say you're full of shit. I currently have nothing on my desktop and have everything i need pinned on the start menu, and it's much faster and simpler than your gay ass Xbox home screen.

Your words are worth as much as the company paying you to spew them out, you walking trashcan of self-perpetuating revenue.

This. Shit was cash.

>used it for two years
bullshit. you're a win7 fag who hates change. kys

Nice rebuttal man, nice to see summer is back in full force.

Ikr, so was shietro ui

>le summer boogeyman

unreliable
slow

what's wrong with it?

It's okay for now.

test

still better than w10

Literally nothing.

100% this
Also the all different colors as opposed to all tiles using the system color like in 10 made it even faster to land on the right tile.

Way better than having to scroll an alphabetical order list where you have countless program you're not interested in and having to open submenus to reach the right exes.
I really never got the nostalgia for 7 and below start.

It's more of a seasonal way of calling someone a retard than a "summer boogeyman". Most summerposters show up and post low quality shitpost all over Sup Forums's most popular boards because they think Sup Forums is nothing but being able to call someone a smegma eating retard and ruin threads because they're all anonymous.

I don't really see that much of a difference between summer and the rest of the year on Sup Forums nowadays though, due to the fact that children from t_d shit up this place 24/7 now.

the side bar is pretty annoying to use with a mouse
but just hitting win i brought the side bar to the only important menu, and it selected control panel by default so just hitting enter was great.
Other than the side bar and needing to learn 3 shortcuts I think it's great and dont really get the hate

>le t_d boogeyman

The t_d isn't a boogeyman though. Ever since the_d popped up and Sup Forums became massive thanks to Sup Forums quantity of posting has gone up but quality of posting has plummeted. And since Trump won the_d screamed and made a bunch of memes about how Sup Forums won the election, so now a bunch of paid shills do nothing but shitpost the same three threads on Sup Forums that get massive amounts of attention thanks to all the t_d posters that take it seriously.

it's great on a tablet but horrible for actual work

>Sup Forums became massive
>when t_d popped up
newfag detected

general threads really killed Sup Forums

Get rid of all the ads and useless shit and its a nice display of all your programs that pops up very conveniently.
It's also great for quickly hiding what you are browsing when someone unexpectedly walks by.

LMAO

I think Windows it's pretty disgusting overall, but i like that feature in 8.1

If you are comfortable using a CLI good for you, just be aware that most of the people who use a computer for entertainment or work are way more comfortable and productive with a GUI and a DE

Honestly you just seem nostalgic. I bet there were people that hated the first GUIs too when they started replacing CLIs

I still hate GUIs

It's an abysmal interface that is only defended by the few retards who installed it.

Present a better GUI and explain why it is.