If I go to best buy with a usb drive loaded up with some portable apps and try to run them on one of their computers...

if I go to best buy with a usb drive loaded up with some portable apps and try to run them on one of their computers will anything bad happen to me?

>going to Best Buy
lol

why would you ever want to do this

test out how things run like emulators and such

Why not do it on your own computer

because I already know how they run on my computer

Nope. Locked permissions on demo. Even with the admin password you can't load apps.

fuck me

you could load an entire full installation of some operating system on it and boot the computer off of it so you can bypass the locked permissions buddy

wouldn't the bios be locked?

a usb drive that is :DD

Correct.

Also if you're caught you're likely to face a trespassing charge.

I just want to see how ps2 and gamecube games run

You'll be in a Best Buy

um where else would I do this?

You should get some friends

So is your whole goal to just see if emulators run better on newer hardware? They do. You don't need to go to a store and test them to figure that out

Might be able to use a USB password wiper and wipe all the passwords on one, then put in the other USB with the emulators

That's not a viable thing to do then. Your emulator depends on Windows, the demos are locked, and most emulators won't work on some quickload bootable. You'll need anywhere of 20-mins to an hour if you can even manage it, and by then someone will want you out and a minor chance at being charged.

They're permission locked, not just behind admin password.

Depends.
I don't know if the tech people in your best buy are retarded, if they aren't the BIOS is locked and you can just fuck yourself at that point.

Default demo locks bios. If you see the profile "Darrion Deyoung" its the standard demo with decent tamper protection. Company wide standard.

if I have to I can use linux and install it to a usb stick and run them from there. The biggest problem would be getting uefi secure boot to work

Given permission lock, bios lock, and the demo is made to ignore plugged in media: not a fast or even sensible quest. You're really just trying to test emulators? The only "easy" route is running the system recovery image and shitting around a couple hours for it stick. And by then someone will notice.

made me chuckle

Okay user :3