/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - All you really need for 60fps with power to spare; Don’t get an i5.
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>i7 7700k - Bad value but great at 144hz gaming
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz.
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>AMD GPUs are suffering a lack of stock and Nvidia a rise in price thanks to e-currency miners

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/MXrZ7h
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/KMswvV
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137059
pcpartpicker.com/list/zhRDsJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/9YyGgL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw 60fps in Doom 2016 on ultra settings
>tfw $200

yea bro doom is a lightweight. But congrats you'll probably able to gayim several modern titles at 30fps maxed or 60fps with some sacrifice

>thinks his sleeper is good

Cute lil GPU you have

I have some shitty, low frequency corsair RAM in my rig right now. DDR3, 16 gigs, 937 mhz. 11-11-11-32. Looking to replace it.

I'm looking at this:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589

G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400

Now I know it's good RAM, but I've never purchased RAM with heatsinks before.

I'm also planning on getting a Nocua D15.

Does the monstrous D15 interfere with RAM heatsinks? I guess worst case the heatsinks are removeable and i'm not overclocking the RAM so I most likely don't need them anyway.

Can anyone comment?

Yeah Witcher 3 chokes on max settings. Still shocked at how much this thing can handle though

That's sexy user

Fuck that. I just pumped my 290x numbers in a calculator and I can make 2k a year if I mine. No wonder these shit are selling like hotcake. Time to start mining.

Flat out, what is the best processor and what are the specs one looks for in them?

This thing is old, discontinued, and runs hotter than a MOTHERFUCKER. Is it any good for mining?

1.3600, around 40 idle and 75 stressed.

>he readded the 7700k
wow wonder who is behind this shill thread

Any suggestions for this build? I'm a bit unsure about the CPU

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/MXrZ7h

Looking at getting a CF791 Monitor at 3440x1440, 100Hz refresh rate. Plan on mainly gaming with it, all the latest games and potentially use it for some CAD work at a later date.

Just get the 1080ti or wait for Volta

i re-added the 7700k last thread because it's still a CPU that you might want at times, namely 144hz gaming

Are the Microboard Korean monitors a scam?

I remember buying one of these cheap Korean monitors like 10 years ago and it died after 6months. The quality seems to have come up quite a bit in the videos ive seen. How much of a gamble are they these days?

Im specifically looking at the M340CLZ ultrawide

Neato

The 7700k shits on the Ryzen on every game.

Shoo shoo shill.

>lower voltage
>get 1219cb as opposed to 1243cb last time in cinebench
Is this just a coincidence?

>Does the monstrous D15 interfere with RAM heatsinks?
Only tall ones, and RAM frequency doesn't matter anymore. The gains from higher speeds are negligible.

Those monitors are so cheap because they failed QC and got binned

Dead pixels, dead pixels everywhere.
It's part of the condition of sale.

Is a 850 watt psu inadequate overclocking a i7 7820k and a 1080 ti? One review lists the power consumption for the overlooked 7820k at just under 400 watts so it would be 700w for just the cpu and gpu. Would I be better off just getting the 6 core for the lower wattage?

Overclocked*

Just be safe and get the 1000w one. You are already spending a premium on PSU anyway.

I already have the 850w I forgot to mention

Yes, and the 1700 shits on the 7700k in x264, 3D rendering, code compilation, VM, etc etc
Your point being?

>x264, 3D rendering, code compilation, VM
Nice video games

You're not in Sup Forums you fucking retard

Just bought this monitor. I was debating getting a TN or an IPS monitor but went with TN because of the stuff I heard about backlight bleed, etc.

My question is: If all ips panels have bleed/glow etc., why does my phone screen not suffer from this?
It's an LG G5 and has an IPS LCD display, but in low light on a black screen I don't have any of these problems.

Is it because my phone screen is much smaller than a monitor or what?

Can I use a sata revision 3 Ssd on a motherboard that can only take revision 2.
Before you ask what a stupid question that is. My local guy I got to buy all my computer parts cheap doesn't understand that they aren't compatible. Or doesn't understand what I am explaining to him.

Some people make good PCs solely to play video games.

And there are dozens of perfectly capable and great CPU for gaming besides the 7700k.

But none as good as 7700k.
Fuck off moron.

Back Light Bleed is absolutely lottery.

>But none as good as 7700k.
Therefore everyone and their mother should buy a 7700k and a 1080ti
Fuck off you retard

>Therefore everyone and their mother should buy a 7700k and a 1080ti
If they have money and if they want to play video games.

A lot more people play video games than do 3D rendering, code compilation or VM.

>HUDURR, THERE IS NO CPU AS GOOD AS THE XEON E7-8890 v4 FOR VIDEO ENCODING, SO EVERYONE DOING VIDEO ENCODING SHOULD SHELL OUT $7174 FOR THIS CPU
You have a pretty massive brain retardation

You sound poor

>if they want to play video games.
Because the Intel® i7® 7700k is the only CPU capable of doing video games. However, if you are aiming at doing VR gaming, then only Kaby Lake-X® and Skylake-X® are able of achieving such feats, goy.

Anyone?

Anyone who can buy a shitty gimmick like Vive or Oculus has more money than senses.

Just because they can doesn't mean it's not retarded

Spent all day looking up stuff and I bought all this. Didn't realize how small a mini itx was but it was only decent high end mb I could find with wifi.

Buying a 1080ti is retarded. Playing games is retarded. Having anything more than a CRT is retarded. Having an SSD is retarded. But look where we are.

>not using a 1080ti to watch motherless videos
fucking scrub nigger.

Save money by getting a Noctua D15 or D15S, which will also performs slightly better than that AIO.

naw senpai, I wasn't shilled enough earlier for it. I didn't like the big bulkyness of it and I decided to just stick with the theme of corsair since they had majority price/performance. From a lot of reviews they seemed to be overall best with their customers.

It seems big in pictures but when you have it in hand it seems tiny as fuck and isn't anything as heavy or sturdy as people make it out to be

CPU, RAM, and storage?

I'll check it out in the store then sometime. Best buy has them, I didn't like the color of the fans either. I don't understand why companies can't keep with black/white or atleast offer those colors.

r8?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/KMswvV

Noctua's color are pretty much for brand recognition now

Get a b350 motherboard like a MSI B350M PRO-VDH or such, the price is pretty much the same but it allows you to overclock

Good luck getting stock/10

>16GB of RAM
I highly doubt you're a YouTuber/steamer. If you are get out.
>RX 570
Have fun waiting an eternity for them to restock.
>Canada
Reconsider moving.

Hi im looking forward to build a new homeserver, but Im a little bit low on budget so I could buy 2 old xeons and put them on a dual cpu mobo. Any recommendations for cpu, mobo etc? Btw for the OS ill choose centos or gentoo

Good catch, totally forgot
The ram is for work, involving music production and video editing, also whats wrong with Canada?
Yeah

>also whats wrong with Canada?
Everything

why is my PC suddenly not detecting my 2nd monitor?
They both function separately, but when I connect the HDMI one, the DVI one shuts off and goes to stand-by mode. It doesn't detect it as secondary display

Go into device manager and make sure both monitors are detected. What GPU?

I just want to play more or less newer games for cheap price, what GPU should i buy?

From what i understood after couple hours in google:
960 2gb is apparently as good or better than 1050 2gb?
1050 4gb is best option, but a bit too pricy for me
960 2 gb is not really that much worse than 1050 4gb?
RX 560 seems to be worse than 960 even? Why even bother with it...

So my question is, should i buy 960 or 1050 2gb? I don't really need ultra settings or something.

on monitors, only one generic pnp monitor shows up.
It's a 1050 ti, and I used to have them both work before.

>and I used to have them both work before.
Test both monitors seperate and individually.
Make sure the cables are connnected and try a new one.
If not, then your GPU is borked.

As opposed to?

I like it

Inshallah brother

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137059

Ok, so, probs gonna buy this one. Any more suggestions\advices?

no custom bios. started getting a few artifacts at -50 mv but temps dropped to 79 deg c. made 25 usd so far. have 6 asus dual 1070s on the way.

Nice try Rypoo shill

That's like 5% of the entire PC userbase in 4chin

The rest build PCs for vidya

Go hang yourself

Go take a look at the catalog and proceed to leave this board you fucking retard

Typical 12-year old's fantasy of being good enough for Apple. Don't you secretly wish...
Still, your collection of fanbois are here to support you with their day dreams and so that's fame of a sort, even if it does smell unwashed and leave stains wherever it goes.

I think you posted in the wrong thread, user

Do they even make DDR3 that slow? Are you sure it's not 1866MHz?

This will be purely for gaymen and watching movies. How did I do ?
pcpartpicker.com/list/zhRDsJ

waste of money

You are going to need LEDs to go with your case senpai

is it the 7700k ?
I cant really see my case with my current desk so I didnt bother.

Then why are you getting a glass case?

>The 7700k shits on the Ryzen on every game.
>5 fps more max fps equal "shits on"
>while 1700 has higher min and avg frame rates
Shoo shoo shill.

Oh shit, I'm retarded. Thanks user.

>7700k

The only people who dis the 7700k are the ones who can't afford it. It's like the fox and the grapes.

and you haven't stated that you were doing high res or refresh rate gaming so for regular gaming this is a waste of money
Also this case already includes 3x 140mm fans so you're wasting money by going with these be quiet pure wings

i could afford the 7700k but i went for an R7 1700 because i'm not gonna get an inferior CPU just because some memers online are shilling for their favourite brands

He is going to change his case I think. He already said he can't see his case and he is getting a glass one.

This guy is just trying to justify his purchase.

i-i-i-is DDR4 actually standard now? Is it what most of you use?

>tfw poor
>tfw using same ram for years now

Is it a big improvement?

Well if I am being honest I'm tossed up between 4k and 144hz. Which you think is more worth it ?
And I did change the case, its the same one just without glass

DDR4 is the standard because all the new mobo are DDR4 only.

No. Minimal improvement if you are still using old CPUs. Some people here are still rocking 2900k with DDR3 which still beats the new Ryzen.

IIRC, it should be backwards compatible, it'll just run at the lower speed.

DDR4 isn't something you choose, every new motherboard and CPU only supports DDR4

>rocking 2900k
>beats the new Ryzen
This is how you recognise someone with brain retardation

>I-i-i-ii could reach those grapes if I tried. They are sour anyway these gooseberries are sweeter.

Okay fox

i don't know man the 7700k is inferior at anything i do
this is Sup Forums after all

pcpartpicker.com/list/9YyGgL
primary focus: high end htpc. 4k streaming ready with minimal moving parts for low noise and maintenance. budget~$1000

You don't need 16GB to play video game. 2x8GB will suffice, anything more is a waste. Your board lets you quad channel anyways so if for whatever reason you think "Man I could use 16GB of RAM" in the future you can get more. You'll need a different CPU, though, and a 7700k may perform the best (arguably) but for its price it's not worth it.

Unless money isn't a problem and you love to burn it, in which case disregard everything. You can buy 32GB of RAM for all I care.

>unironically shilling Jewtel trash

>2x8GB
Meant 2x4GB.

Yea. I heard that Window excel really take advantage of all those cores.

>streaming
Get an R5 1600 instead of the 7600, 6 cores is massively better for video encoding (streaming)
You can ditch the cooler if you do that as the 1600 really doesn't heat much and most importantly the cooler is very quiet. I'm fairly sure it's because the fan is pretty low RPM but regardless noises should certainly NOT be a problem on the 1600's stock cooler.
The 3 additional fans do not make much sense as the parts you picked will not heat nearly enough to justify getting three fans, and it will probably end up noisier as a result.

This is the technology board user, plenty of us make use of 8+ cores