What's the first OS you ever used? Mine is pic related

What's the first OS you ever used? Mine is pic related

95 or 98, I don't remember

DOS

Windows 3.1 or 3.0 or something (it wasn't 3.11)

DOS flightsimulator was bretty cool, smashing random buttons until the plane did something

Basic V2

Atari 400 Basic.

Windows 2000.

Friends computer had Windows 3.1, when my family finally got one it had 95.

Windows XP

Good memories. Will never forget the feelĂ­ng when I upgraded that motherfucker to 1 mb of ram in order to play Monkey Island.

98. I then progressed through the Windows OSs till I finally got to use MS-DOS at work.

Only because uk101 didn't have an OS per se

MS DOS 6.22

Macintosh System 7. I come from a long line of Applefags.

>Monkey Island
good times

OS X 10.1 or 10.2 in about 2005. I was like 8.

This is an 18+ site.

Windows Vista I think

ProDOS

> the halcyon days of mad dog mccree

MacOS on a 1999 iMac at my elementary school. After that I think the first computer I owned ran Windows NT 4.0

Same.

I don't miss it. I think I spent more time making boot disks that tried to squeeze out another 10k memory than I did playing fucking games.

98. I really liked this search window.

Parent's win 3.1 machine

I think it had a pentium pro and like 3mb of ram?

Boy oh boy is it summer in here

Do mommy and daddy not make you go outside during the day?

if people got their first pc later, that doesn't say anything about their age.

This one. Am I too old to be here?

The OP was what OS you first used. It's got nothing to do with what OS was on the first PC they owned.

member?

tfw you only exist because of the child support welfare paycheck.

GEOS on the C64

>Trying to defend your underage
Shiggy diggy doo

Acorn MOS on a BBC Micro

CPM Plus was my 1st OS, followed closely by DOS 2.1. Fun days.

WinXP

Dos

If someone's first OS was Windows 2000 or XP, they're at least in their 20s, assuming they started using computers at 5 or 6.

Sounds to me like you're in denial about how old you're getting.

t. Macintosh System 7 guy.

Windows 98.

Windows 7

You're all like little babies.

Whatever the Apple IIe ran in the mid-80s... the first computer I personally owned: Windows XP in 2000.

Windows 3.0 running atop MS-DOS 4.01

Some obscure Hewlett Packard OS/ W3.1

Destiny already eviscerated her over this. Her point is indefensible.

Windows 95. we got our first family PC on Xmas '95. I only have faint memories of what it was like, I think most of what I do remember of 95 is transposed memories of Windows 98.

I think I may technically have used DOS before this as my dad asked me to memorise some commands to boot into Windows or some shit. It was his little part of the surprise I guess.

In fact, I recall using RM Nimbus computers at school prior to this so in that case my first OS would definitely have been DOS.

Macintosh IIVX running System 7

MS-DOS, some late version before the first Windows. Then straight to Windows 95.
I still vividly remember overwriting some 20 or so diskettes that contained a Latin Vocabulary training program my parents bought with something else (a game? Don't remember).

Probably Windows 95, could've been 98

Windows NT 4.0 and 95

If the BASIC interpreter in ROM can be considered an operating system, than my first OS was that, on the TRS 80s we had in school.

Windows 98 SE
usb ftw

I belive it was Windows 3.11 or something that looked like it. I was 6 at the time, I barely remember.

I used DOS when I was 5 or 6.
I still remember the commands I used to run Duke Nukem 3D.

Windows 3.1 or some version of Classic MacOS in elementary school. First home computer had Windows 95. I do remember our teacher using DOS to run games for us in Kindergarten, but of course we didn't mess with that shit.

:3.1

I may have used 3.11, but 95 was the first OS I regularly used and have real memories of.

I remember I had a pirated copy of that game.
My father used the internet at his job to download the manual and printed it so that I could bypass the anti piracy question.

Win9x was the peak of OS GUI design

I fondly remember dozing off to the droning of the floppy drive in grade shcool.

Windows xp, best windows ever made

DOS when I was 4 or something.

Good times.

OS/2 warp.

I don't know, the earliest memory I have of using a computer is in kindergarten. I don't think windows XP was out yet so it was probably windows 98 or something? maybe 95 or 2000?

DOS 3.3

Was going to say the same thing.

The good ol days thinking you're a genius showing go to loops to your parents

Jumpman Jr, summer/winter games, and Top Gun. C64 masterrace even though I broke our Jumpman 5 1/4 disc by shoving it in backwards one morning before more competent family members could set me up.

some obscure floppy A: operating system that requires A> to run something.

macOS system 5.something.

Windows 3.1. Moved up to 95 not too much later.

My first computer (not a family computer) was a 98 I salvaged from a church yardsale in 2001 or so.

My elementary school was running some weird ass thing where it was a blue menu where you choose your games. It was blocky as shit and I don't remember if it even had a mouse cursor. Sounds vague, but does anyone have a clue? I would go straight to Cross Country Canada, Math Circus, Story Weaver, Kid Pix, Reader Rabbit 2.

95SE

wait no. 95 with microsoft plus. 2nd os was 98se

I started with Windows 98 and I'm 18

Basic.

t. poor fag.

That is some good stuff. I used to make cubes of color spin on my screen

>not knowing windows 3.1 was a GUI shell
summerfags OUT

Windows 98SE bundled with my old Presario 7AP170.

Ether win95 or 98.

Amiga OS

Ah, good times

95 man. Fucking usb came in a service pack.

gentoo

DOS

This

GEM Desktop
CP/M
MS-DOS 6.22

Can't remember which one

Can't really remember if it was Mac OS 8 or System 7.

I pretty much only played marathon and asteroids... didn't know how to do anything else and I could barely play marathon because I was like 4.

Out of the way kids, grandpa's coming through.

Either Windows 3.X or 95 can't recall for the life of me.

>128k
Get on my level, I used a shitty 48k clone in around the year 2000, such was life in Russia.

Z80.

macos 7 -> macos 8.6, win95c->win98se, winnt4, win2k, winxp, win7, win 10, debian 8, debian 9

windows vista
i was born in 1999 ;^