Monitors

I just bought a Dell U2414H new for $179 and I'm actually blown away by how good it is. The colors are amazing, the viewing angles are way bigger than I'll ever need, there's literally no backlight bleed or IPS glow and it doesn't look like a 12 year old gamer monitor. And all of this for $179. I can't fucking believe it.

FWIW my previous monitor was an Asus PG279Q which is a 27" 1440p 165Hz IPS monitor and it cost me around $700. Here's the thing. The Asus looks like pure shit compared to the Dell.

WHY?! WHY?! WHY DOES MY $179 DELL IPS LOOK SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY OLD $700 ASUS IPS?! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

Dell actually gives a shit about how good there monitors look. Your Asus was built for one thing: refresh rate, as long as the panel can give the 165hz thats all Asus cares about

Where did you find that price?

>new for $179
from where?

>24"
>2017

"I'm actually blown away by how good it is"
t. someone who has never seen an actually good PQ like a properly calibrated plasma or OLED screen

>oled

You know what the O in OLED stands for? Obsolescence.

I got same model few years back for same price you listed. Only con with the monitor imo is the 60hz refresh

oh boi here we go again with muh lcd retarded maymays

m-muh burn in
m-muh panel lifespan
m-muh input lag
m-muh bang for muh buck

All because honestly the majority of the people, including Sup Forums are just too plebeian and frankly, poor.

That's because the U2414H uses an LG.Display panel.

The Asus PG279Q uses an AU Optronics panel.

LG.Display is the KING, literally the KING, of IPS panels.

Reddit unironically. Some richfag sold it new in box because he regretted it and wanted an ultrawide monitor instead.

Since when do we have 24" OLED screens?

24" is the best monitor size.

>t. someone who has never seen an actually good PQ like a properly calibrated plasma or OLED screen
soooo 99.9999% of the population?

AHVA panels look like shit if they're uncalibrated. Like really bad, most of the time. I have an XB270HU and a Dell IPS and if you don't fuck with anything the Dell puts it to shame. With a good ICC profile, the Acer does look slightly better though.

Really wish Dell would make a high end GAYMER monitor that isn't TN. I would buy the shit out of it.

I looked this monitor up and it costs like 220 bucks minimum.

How the fuck does a 23.8'' 1020p monitor still cost above 200 bucks this year?

>Those bezels
>That matt screen
>That stand

I've got an U2715. Only downside is bad contrast and minor IPS glow. Other than that I love it.

The factory calibration Dell does is surprisingly decent. Also that thing has a very good LG panel very similar to mine. Enjoy it op.

>t.Owner of 2 U2417H's

>LG.Display is the KING, literally the KING, of IPS panels.
And who makes the best TN panels?

what does it matter, TN is shit.

No idea. This is what I know:

Samsung makes PLS and VA.
LG.Display makes IPS.
AU Optronics makes TN.

>not U2515h

U2417H is actually worse than U2414H.

>it's worse because it has more IPS glow
lol?

What if it's better in literally every other way? You know not EVERYONE sits in a dark room all day...right? I have desk lamps, and windows. IPS glow simply isn't a major issue for a properly lit environment.
real talk though, the U2515H is fucking amazing

The difference is minimal. I know both well since my cousin owns a 2414 he bought after he saw my 17's

>16:9 computer monitor

>U2414H
overclock it to 72hz

Leaning towards an ultra wide, not sure if i should play it safe/cheap and go for a 29" or splurge on a 34"

>overclock it to 72hz

I have three of the 1080p gloss finish variants. Can confirm the colours are way better than any display I've used before. Very crisp too.

Because aside from 60hz and 1080p it's still a fucking good monitor. Dell needs to make an IPS 1440p and 144hz ultrasharp

>24' 1080p (92ppi)
>1080p at all in the current year
>only 60hz
Jesus Christ OP

Why?

movies and anime are 24 frames per second.

On a 60hz monitor you have frame skipping.

While you can always re-encode with interpolation for a native 60hz playback, it's easier just to overclock to 72hz (3*24hz)

I need a good display with a humble size, 1080p and that wont jew me out in the long run.

What is the best option for a poorfag like me? I have been running a 10 year old chink display i pulled out from office trash and replaced the caps.