>immediately uninstall and go back to windows
wew that was a close one

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/32036980/
youtube.com/watch?v=m1If9TADx9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Awesome literally no one cares

>look at me I'm incompetent

cool story bro, when's the movie coming out?

>y-youre incompetent because my volunteer-made knockoff OS doesn't work out of the box without serious modifications!!!!!!
hahahaha

>no audio
Why do people like like that?

And why is Microsoft getting so much desperate?

>Why do people like like that?
found the Linux fan

You should always check hardware compatibility by testing video/sound cards running os in live mode prior to installing it on hard disk.

>found the Linux fan
Found the microsoft shill. Do you honestly think your misinfo shilling does any good for Microsoft?

He is lying

the mistake I made was assuming Linux could work as well as Windows
The funny part is it straight up lies, I downloaded an audio manager because the default one is absolute shit, and it told me my HDMI audio source was unplugged. This may not seem funny yet, but the funny part is that the HDMI audio output is my actual monitor, and if it was unplugged I wouldn't be able to see anything
Was this OS made by gibbons?

i think it's kinda funny

microsoft shills can feel the tide turning against them and it makes them uncomfortable enough to come here and shitpost lies

You might actually be too mentally disabled to function

>Was this OS made by gibbons?
Maybe. Russian crackers doesn't like it too.

are you retarded?
here's proof you monkey

you cared enough to reply

So you actually were lying

>b-but at least i have m-my screenfetch... im a s-super cool hacker

bump

>using mint
>too retarded to press one button that is right inside his face
Sage, go back to India

click configuration and enable it by selecting analog stereo duplex you ape

>start to install debian 9
>7 year old wireless NIC card doesn't work
into the trash it goes

So you actually didn't uninstall and go back to windows.

Why did you lie, OP?

lol what button are you suggesting i press, my friend?
are you feeling ok, chimp?

good idea, my furry friend

>have no argument
>look momma I'm insulting people online I'm tough you're so proud be proud momma... plz

>my friend
Fuck off, pajeet

>linux can't even figure out how to interact with an HDMI monitor with built in sound
>so it just refuses to acknowledge that it's plugged in
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>serious modifications
Mate you took the time to download and install a distro, but couldn't be assed to google "linux mint no audio" and figure shit out from there?

>installing mint

Whew lad.

sugoi blog

well nigger there's your problem you installed mint so we know you're a retard sooo

When it works better but being a retard stops you from using it to the fullest

>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/32036980/
Holy shit, the shill isn't even trying to hide it in this thread.

>run any distro of linux
>desktop lags with both opensource and proprietary nvidia drivers
Oh yeah, Linux on the desktop is a joke because it's entirely made by hobbyists who aren't paid or paid very little.

Doesn't happen to me.

how will linuxtards ever recover?

Are you a retard I will say the open source driver for nvidia cards are the most shit thing ever made but the proprietary drivers work fine sorry you dont know how to click install my dood

speaker-test -c 2 -t wav -l 100
and click buttons till you hear sound.

98% chance you just needed to change the audio output from HDMI to the analog port or something similar in the audio window.

I tried everything dude, it just said nothing was plugged in, ended up formatting the drive Linux was on
RIP Linux

>get laptop from buddy
>throw a small SSD in it and install Fedora
>everything just werks, including the touchscreen which I thought for sure was going to be a bitch to get working
wew indeed

damn just goes to show how inconsistent linux is in general. what an awful OS

choose the other hdmi port, if there's one. this happens to me on nvidia, even though my card has 1 hdmi output it shows as 2.

>install linux mint
>no audio
>can't, because grub is absolutely fucked up for whatever linux reason
Sup Forumssus christ

I already got rid of Linux, but I have 2 HDMI ports; 1 is for the actual video card I use and the other is for the shitty native video card or whatever it's called. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on computers, but I know which fucking port to plug my monitor in.
And just to clear up anything else, when I went into the audio manager, every single option had "(unplugged)" after it, and audio tests didn't work either
DUDE this actually happened to me, I ended up rebooting like 10 times over and finally fucked my way back to windows. never going back to linux, what a fucking shitshow.

>Samefagging this hard
Come on, Microsoft, at least you could hire better shills

Both of you need to be banned from Sup Forums for being this stupid

>what the fuck? more than one person saying linux is bad??!?!?!?! that cannot be!!!!!!!!!!! they must be the same person!!!!!!!!!!
get real, retard, i already proved i was having an issue earlier with screenshots
go masturbate to your penguin or something
the only thing stupid is linux giving me a second bios menu that only shows up after rebooting 10 fucking times

>what the fuck? more than one person saying linux is bad??!?!?!?! that cannot be!!!!!!!!!!! they must be the same person!!!!!!!!!!
There are double the amount of people saying you are baiting. I wonder what they are, OP

omfg you're not serious has to be bait

Retard go to the settings

OMG 2 PEOPLE DISAGREEING WITH ME THEY MUST BE SAMEFAGS
oh wait i'm not retarded and i can cope with the fact that people can disagree with me (even if they're just plain wrong, which you are)

I did you fucking gibbon, read the thread

>2 PEOPLE
1 P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ Shill

He's baiting, user. It's your daily hurr durr Linux doesn't have audio thread

Sorry I dont think you knew which one I was replying to I was replying to the second one I have no idea whats going on with the first one nor do I care

Sponsored by Microsoft* (TM)

show me one other thread in the archive about this issue
i'll wait
apology accepted

Honestly, does Microsoft really think people are stupid? There are hundreds of Linux fags in Sup Forums and none of them would use Linux if there were no sounds.

Why is M$ trying so hard?

>Honestly, does Microsoft really think people are stupid?
If you lie hard enough people will start believing it's true. Microsoft has business plans for these misinfo shilling

> he doesn't know how to do a SIMPLISTIC fucking configuration with a GUI program
you're about as dumb as a third world nigger chucking spears in uganda

I hope not. Well I guess they are not upto date with their misinfo...

Linux sound did suck back in the late 2000's. Thanks to pulseaudio most systems work ootb

>people literally think i'm being paid to complain about a shitty OS
fuck i wish that was true

>Being an unpaid shill for a multi billion dollar company
You haven't got any dignity left, have you?

none of you could even figure out what the issue was when i was posting screenshots
still waiting for that archive link, retard

People actually DO get paid for shilling microsoft. It's called MS evangelist. Look it up.

>Plug off cable
>pretend to be retard
>shill MS
>Profit (?)
Thanks for your contribution

>Install windows 10
>No network drivers so need to use another computer to get the drivers.
>Update takes forever.
>Install the drivers from windows update.
>No sound.
>Search the driver from the manufacturer's site.
>Ok, no problem.
>Suspiciously high storage drive usage.
>Processes using high amount of resources for no reason.
>Forced updates, give up trying to customize it because the updates sets the defaults again.
>No more possibility to know what are the updates about.
>Error messages are not useful.
>Must uninstall crap often but gets installed again.
>Cannot disable cortana.
>Pretty obvious i don't control my OS.
>Read MS privacy statement.
>Fuck this shit.
>Install windows 7.
>No drivers, must hunt them this time.
>mfw i read that MS is issuing updates that backports W1's bullshit to windows 7.
>mfw i must use third party programs and be careful with the updates to protect myself from my own software provider.

>At some moment got interested into looking for other software providers.
>Don't want to buy hardware and hackingtosh seems a fucking hassle so don't care about apple for the moment.
>Download ubuntu mate installation media.
>Try to boot but get black screen.
>Literally first google result tells me how to start with nomodeset and how to install the proprietary nvidia drivers.
>Proceed to install.
>reboot.
>Start again with nomodeset.
>Update OS (extremely fast compared to windows) and install nvidia drivers from a GUI.
>reboot.
>mfw everything works, no need to search for drivers.
>discovers dolphin, youtube-dl, clementine, playonlinux, kdenlive, krita, etc.
>Comfy as fuck.
>Discover my previous MS office documents don't work fine always.
>Read about the problem and discovers MS issued an standard they don't respect and no one know how it got approved something like that.
>Around half of my steam games are not avilable on linux.
>Read about it and discover how closed technologies can work as lock-in mechanism.
>mfw going back to windows would be like begging to be mistreated.
>mfw i would be actively supporting to make worse this situation.
>nope
>Use my computer normally but try to save my documents in open formats when possible to avoid being locked out from them and try to reward those developers who uses a multi-platform approach.

LITERALLY A 14 YEAR OLD IS SMARTER THAN YOU FUCKING LYING PAJEET SHILL
youtube.com/watch?v=m1If9TADx9g

>falling for the bait

i'll look into it, that's fucked if true but i wouldn't be very surprised, after all they're just another (((google)))
at least their OS works though
so what would have been the fix then, assuming it was the way i said it was, me using an HDMI monitor with built in sound and everything saying (unplugged)? because that's what happened. would like to hear your fix since you're so smart
probably a different issue, read the thread

HURR DURR I WAS PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED

Seriously, if i put on a balance the pros and cons of windows and Linux, Linux always wins. Windows has in general given me a lot more of trouble than what it benefits me, and that's just the purely technical aspects, if you have compatible hardware Linux is practically maintenance-free, even installing the few proprietary drivers i need can be done from a GUI directly in the OS and i can keep them updated always from an official source.

Aside from the purely technical aspect i consider a serious disadvantage knowing that if i depend on a Windows-only program is like being married with windows because i don't have the option to abandon it but at the same time i must like whatever Microsoft wants to do with me. Seems a pretty asymmetrical deal to me and more considering Microsoft has a very bad record on being unethical.

Honestly i only use Windows when there's absolutely no option due to a lock-in situation or because i'm asked at work to use a Microsoft-only technology (this is less common each day fortunately) but otherwise i avoid it. No OS is perfect of course and i can't talk about OSX but i'm 1000 times more willing to forgive an honest mistake, for example a bug or the lack of a feature dues to lack of human resources, than something pushed on me on purpose.

Kek

you installed the wrong linux distro. install fedora

I'm having a similar problem. I installed parabola openrc and no pulse audio and sound doesn't work in firefox. Why is this?

that wasn't OP, retard, I'm OP, and this thread is not bait
honestly i might try another distro later but i'm done for today

I use a TV for my monitor with HDMI. My shit works, without any problem.

Install Gentoo

Microsoft wants cheap codemonkeys (and cheap shi... ehem, evangelists) independently if they like their work or not. If they were smart Microsoft wouldn't hire them for that reason.

OP here, I have no idea how to fix it, and everyone in this thread will just say you're a (((microsoft))) shill anyway so you should look elsewhere for help
is that mint with KDE?

No it's ubuntu MATE

Firefox now depends on pulse audio that's why.

so wouldn't it be reasonable for us to have different issues? people have different issues between computers of the same OS, let alone different ones

Is there a way to simulate pulse audio or something?

>that wasn't OP, retard, I'm OP, and this thread is not bait
You're right, this thread doesn't even qualify as decent bait. 1/10 because i replied.

Sudo audio On

fuck off then if you think it's bait

Test your hardware compatibility before installing a distro, Live ISO exists for a reason
IDK, sorry

Also, why on earth would you be using embedded speakers, mong?

audio was the one thing i didn't check, i guess i just assumed an OS that is shilled so hard on this board was able to handle such a basic function
why wouldn't I?

how about you delete yourself you fat fuck

>why wouldn't I?
Embedded speakers are too weak, you can't listen to high quality music and shit dude.

What is the purpose then? If you have a problem go to the /sqt/ or the /fglt/, follow the rules, provide relevant information like your specs and ask nicely. Saying that this is bait is giving you the benefit of doubt because otherwise the alternative is sad.

i use headphones when i want to immerse myself in music. these speakers sound just fine for stupid shit on youtube or games

Do you also watch TV shows and movies with head phones?

weren't you saying this was bait? just fuck off or admit you were wrong and that i'm smarter than you, then maybe i'll let you spam my thread some more
no, but i don't really watch TV or movies anyway

if youre using mint atleast use lmde

ubuntu based distros are pretty weak