pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

keychatter.com/2015/03/12/review-royal-kludge-rc930-87-rgb/
massdrop.com/buy/gmk-sound-dampening-brackets?mode=guest_open
pckeyboard.com/page/category/UKBD
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB40P36
aliexpress.com/item/Thick-pbt-84-side-printed-Keycap-High-wear-resistance-For-OEM-Profile-Cherry-MX-Switches/32790881284.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Gateron linears

how do I get the FN+Z music player shortcut to work on the magicforce? At the moment all I get is notepad trying to open some .dll file

Looking for new keycaps and some custom ones.

Any suggestions?

Why are 99% of mechanical keyboards such shit? Complete and total garbage. Overpriced, shitty plastics. WAY over priced metal cases. Shit tier pcb and microcontrollers, and all these knock off cherry switches just took a shitty switch design from the 70s and made it worse.

Then you have hall effect sensors that add absolutely fucking nothing.

Buggy software from the big retailers. Half-functioning firmware from the smaller OEMs.

It's fucking sad when you can grab a Microsoft sculpt ergo keyboard and have a better typing experience than nearly every mechanical keyboard on the market.

Don't stop ricing, kids. Large swaths of Koreans and Chinese economies need you overpaying for your cheap plastic toys.

back to csg you poor faggot

check massdrop and wait 2years for your epic keycaps [or u know,buy directly from ppl that make them]
Cheap tier Dolche pbt aliexpress 104k 25$
Good tier mechanical keyboards dye sub pbt 50$
Very good tier Signature dildo miami/carbon
G-G-God tier Pure gold keycaps with Vantablack layer with diamond escape key

sissy fingers

You can't handle my 150g super blacks

is getting a corsair Z70 over a Ducky Shine 6 simply for the RGB customization depth short sighted?

>I have no plans on using custom keycaps

What does my kibodo say about me?

The Ducky Shine has better stock keycaps and doesn't look like tryhard gaymer shit.

If 55g is gay, stick a dick in my mouth and call me Sally because I ain't gonna stop.

Using SA says you care more about looks than feel, using an esc key that's the wrong row says you care more about having the right legends than looking good and putting a shitty filter over the photo says you're an instagram hipster.

Looks rather small is it?
Possibly cause there is no numpad.

I thought that keyset didn't have the 1.75 shift? that damn shift key limits me on keysets a lot for my choc mini. probably going to get a 60% because on most don't need special sized keys.

EnjoyPBT always has a short shift, 1800 keys and a winkeyless bottom row as far as I can tell

meta key should just say "meme", infact, where can I get a nice key like that?

stay pleb

I have a coworker who genuinely prefers the Apple scissor-switch keyboard even though I let him type on my TADA68.
We still talk and play [spoiler]Mario Kart on Nintendo Switch[/spoiler] together every other day.
Which is just a long way to say this: Why are you so angry?

I am angry because you propagate an entire industry made up of bullshit and elitism just so you can spend 200 dollars on placebo on a tiny keyboard that has worse ergonomics than a 50 dollar keyboard.

Bow to your new god.

>I get triggered by people spending their money
Better not go to the headphone general then. I doubt your heart can take it.

if you want to fall for the ergonomic meme there are ergonomically sculpted and split mechanical keyboards too

Are mechanical keyboards the original fidget spinners? They don't seem to be good for much more than that. At least the clicky ones. Literally no functional purpose to having a keyboard click that fucking loudly.

Are mechanical watches the original fidget spinners? They don't seem to be good for much more than that. At least the ticky ones. Literally no functional purpose to having a watch tick that fucking loudly.

No. Nothing for your fingers to manipulate.

No user, mechanical watches were used for keeping time.

The Esc key is the same row

This. Back in the day every office had a professional typist who would type at a constant rate of 120 WPM (120 WPM was A LOT back then). The professional clockists then synced up the clocks to the typing. We didn't have all the fancy tech like microcontrollers and calculators and hammers back then, so a minute had 120 seconds, so there was far more time to get stuff done.

But that was already three years ago, you kids with your newfangled anvils and fidget spinners and "numbers" wouldn't remember those old days.

It's clearly taller than the numrow.

it's just the color/perspective

anyone here owns a tada, is it good and do you recommend it as a first mech board for a new fag.
I don't want to pay more than a 100$

You can always pick up a chinkboard for around $50 if you want to try a mechanical keyboard. Some common names are Velocifire, Magicforce, James Donkey, etc.

yes it's god tier

So what's up with pexon nowadays? Are they still riddled with delays or did they get their shot together?

Is the Plum87 any good? I wanna get Gateron Browns.

ye it should be really solid

this is the same keyboard except for the switches and keycaps:
keychatter.com/2015/03/12/review-royal-kludge-rc930-87-rgb/

I've been using MX Blacks for the past 4 years, would going to browns be too light? Or would the tactile bump be annoying when double tapping?

Mostly use it for overwatch/csgo/dota2.

You want MX Clears then. Browns are lighter, like Reds.
If you're so used to Blacks then mayyyyybe the dirty scratchy feeling of Browns (and to a lesser extent Clears) might infuriate you. The tactile bump itself isn't annoying at all.
I've got a switch tester and after mashing Blacks - Clears feel comfy, while Browns are meh.

Double tapping on Cherry brown is the best. With subtle tactile it wouldn't annoy you. But still much lighter than black.

Why is the \ key bigger than the rest? Always wondered that. I don't like it. I think it's one of the reasons I like the Mac keyboard and hhkb as well.

I actually feel the same way about car modding. All I need is a simple car to drive from point A to point B. But who cares if I think it's dumb, it's their passion. Same thing here.

Because ISO is better in that one regard.

But the left shift key is too small

does anybody know offhand if the mouse sensitivity from using Fn+NumLock + numpad can be increased via the board or would that be an operating system change

>this
>ergonomic
Get an ergodox or kinesis advantage, then you can talk about ergonomic.

That's why you build it yourself and use ISO enter but ANSI shift

It would have to be a software change

massdrop.com/buy/gmk-sound-dampening-brackets?mode=guest_open
>Plate mount compatible
Zeal BTFO
Get rekt canacuck

Are Topres a good upgrade from cherry blues? IDK if a realforce 87u is worth $300

So my IBM model M won't work with my new laptop using pic related, recommend me a nice typing mechanical with USB pls.

anyone? :(

thanks, looking at xset and xinput but i should probably just use my mouse lol.

I've got my model M working to my Lenovo. Works fine but I have to un-plug/re-plug every so often when booting up I've noticed. Give it another go as long as it's not USB3.0 I think all of the pins are more or less just remapped.

Completely different but I do like the feel of topre way more than blues. Just get a fc660c, Realforce are ugly.

>as long as it's not USB3.0
Yeah, it is 3.0.
That's all my laptop has.

if you wanna stick with buckling spring switches Unicomp is still going strong.

pckeyboard.com/page/category/UKBD

PS/2 isn't hot swappable so you need an active adapter like the monoprice one for 5 bucks if you want it to work. Otherwise you have to turn of your laptop, plug the keyboard in, then turn it back on everytime you want to plug it back in. Or you can get a USB model M for 80 bucks

I will be working from home and will be typing a lot. What will be the best solution for me?

Suicide

Noice. But seriously, recommend me keyboards.

Hmm, I've used reds before and couldn't stand how light they were. Considering browns are the same just with the tactile bump (so I assume you have to press it harder to actuate) i could consider it as a slightly stiffer red?

Whatever the hell you want. You have zero noise concerns.

I want something that has good feedback, requires a bit of a push, and clicky. I'm thinking green. Any specific keyboard I should be looking for? I literally don't care for looks as long as it is full sized, has a numpad, and is not eye-destroyingly gaudy. Backlighting is okay.

Get a Unicomp ultraclassic instead

what keyboard is that?

Read the file name

my bad, figured it was just gibberish

Greens, Unicomp Ultraclassic, Model M, Model F AT all fit your wants. Probably some clicky alps/matias too but I'm not as familiar with those.

What model is this OP?

>ultraclassic
sweet. I want to fall for the Model M meme but I want a new one and not a "cleaned" one. I'm thinking of pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB40P36

This
Model Ms are tons of fun to type on and are much more tactile then cherry greens or blues. But you should know that both greens and buckling springs are a pretty heavy switch compared to a rubber dome. I prefer they heavier wheight as it helps me to not bottom out, but you may like lighter switches

but there are no new Model Ms are there?

This looks nice, what is the keyboard and the keycaps?

Unicomps are new model ms. They use the same exact tooling. The biggest difference is that they use lighter plastics for the case. The original model m used pvc, while the new ones have an acetyl based case.

I'd get the USB version instead of the PS2. Rollover is the same either way.

Then it looks like it's the unicomp for me thx bb

Hey /mkg/,

a nice user recently advised me on buying a James Donkey 619-104 for 60€ (down from 140€ according to Amazon), and I bought it - it is my first mechanical keyboard and so far I am loving it. The gaming aesthetic is a bit much but I don't mind much because I usually don't look at my keyboard.

I downloaded the software to check out the LED options and it said there was a firmware update for my keyboard (?). Is that normal?
If so, the updater doesn't work, does anyone have an idea? pic related, it says the "target device" is not found

Huh, I meant to paste the USB one

yeah and you probably want to keep the windows setting at default and only change the sensitivity through the software that came with your mouse

What's the consensus on the Logitech Romer G switches?

Id get a replacment lock light sticker as the default one looks ugly. There should be an option for that just ask them in the comments

Overpriced memes

Is it dead for good?

KBD75

KBD75 keyboard and enjoypbt japanese keycaps

Thanks. It's not a big deal but the default did look unaesthetic

>Overpriced
The cheapest Romer keyboard is 90 bucks, is that a lot more than your standard Cherry MX keyboard?

They seem to be a bit faster than Cherry MX switches, with shorter travel and higher actuation points.
Which should be better for typing I guess.

Unless it's all marketing hoopla.

Just got this in the mail today. Keycool 84 with brown cherry mx switches.

no it is not, the layout of the keyboard is different. I want that tkl one.
>enjoypbt japanese keycaps
wtf would I want that for? I won't ever use japanese and I am not a weeb pretending to be one.

What are even the keys on the right side? all r3s and r4s?

>People buying jap letter keycaps
>Don't know how to speak weeb and there are no subtitles on the keyboard
The delusions of a jap wannabe astound me.

lol sorry i thought you asked about OP's pic

keyboard is james donkey 619 TKL

keycaps on the keyboard are tai-hao sunshine

keycaps above are tai-hao miami

what keyboard is this

It is since old alps keyboard have the same actuation distance, and now cherry makes ones with even higher actuation points. Not to be out done the chinks also make switches with even higher actuation points. Its all just a big meme which doesn't matter since you bottom out most of the time when typing. Also you can cheap keyboards with cherry mx switches for 40-50 bucks. G80s and TGs are popular choices. If you want knockoffs those are even cheaper at 20-30 bucks

Thanks user. Might pick this up soon, hopefully gaterons.
this

they're the normal rows (r1, r1, r2, r3, r4, r4/r5)

there are some sets that have those keys like
aliexpress.com/item/Thick-pbt-84-side-printed-Keycap-High-wear-resistance-For-OEM-Profile-Cherry-MX-Switches/32790881284.html

it seems like a pain to find keycaps for the far-right rows if you want something special. Damn I like this layout too.

not really sure what you're asking but if its about keycap sizes, the only odd ones are the right alt, fn, and ctrl.

wtf are pom printed keycaps? Are they better than pbt?