Daily reminder that Ad-blocking is theft!

Daily reminder that Ad-blocking is theft!

So?

>mfw stealing your ads

no its not

kill yourself

true

no. ad-block is common sese
seeing ads is breach of my private space

>private site
nobody forces you to visit them.
If you don't like, leave.

Same as 4chin.
>anime website

I want to visit them I just don't like the idea of forcing me to watch stuff I don't care nor need.. They forcing me to watch some stupid shit and buy it. If I want to buy something I know how and from where..
Do you enjoy ads?

So what you're saying is you wanna pirate their content ok

And no I don't enjoy the ADs but diligently watch them because when I visit the site I entered into an informal yet voluntary agreement whereby I offer them compensation by the means of ADs exposure in exchange for their content.

Is thread hiding theft too?
Seacrest out.

if you enjoy a website and it doesn't have a financial support, you should donate..
The internet is supposed to be free

>The internet is supposed to be free

says who

What are you going to do about it?

if you want to visit a website that is paid, you pay then access content.. that's paid service
if you have popping ads and opening new windows cause there is some invisible button you just clicked to, that's faggotry

What you're saying is akin to saying that if someone forgets/doesn't bother to lock their car you're allowed to steal all the shit they got inside

>forgets/doesn't bother to lock their car
and put a HUGE sign above the car "ENTER"
yes! you are allowed

ok jamal

are you that retarded ?

People will block ads as long as malware containing ads exist, hence, people will always block ads.

not stealing shit found unsupervised is now "retarded"

I suppose girls wearing miniskirts deserve what's coming to them too rite?

unironically the best bait i have seen in a long time

>pirating their content
>voluntary agreement whereby I offer them compensation[...] in exchange for their content.

I miss the internet before the e-commerce arrived, when people blogged in exchange for NOTHING. Only because they wanted to SHARE knowledge and their opinions.

Now everyone and his mother wants to get rich by copy-pasting from another sources fucking most times.

I dont want to see ads because whatever happens between internet and my router is MY DECISION. If that means being blocked, then probably that site/content isnt worth the effort (inb4 anti-anti ad block)

>Decreasing the risk of being affected by malware, spying or unwanted tracking is theft

>not requesting certain information
>theft

You can make the argument that disallowing execution of certain scripts on the page is reverse engineering the "intended user experience"

But what if the script never reaches my machine in the first place?

What's wrong with theft?

if we had magic AR glasses that blanked out billboard ads would all the landowners accuse us of stealing their revenue?

You wouldn't download a car.

So switching channels when there's advertisement is also theft ?

inb4
>watching TV

Nice one shill, which shitty ad corporation or "journalism" site are you working for?

>inb4 "not a shill"
So you're just retarded?

>watching TV

I would if I could, desu I don't give a shet

I'm adblocking and there's nothing you can do about it.

>Private sites
Then why are they listed on Openly on search engines?

I know people will call me a shill but I genuinely support Brave's initiative for normal ads and I wish more browsers would do it. Websites need to run ads to survive and I'm ok with still images that don't pop up on me

This

>brave
Nice scam, shill.

this
it'd be like if i asked somebody a question, and they tried to tell me extra info about themselves like a life story kind of thing, and i cut them off
is that stealing? no?
because when I visit a website, i am asking the website to display certain info. adblock just cuts out the shit i don't care about

>i am literally paying their electricity bill and internet to show me ads
>blocking it makes me thief

Daily reminder that Sup Forums is unironically a white nationalist and neo-nazi recruiting platform and supporting it monetarily even through ads is fucking indefensible.

what's wrong with white nationalism?

If you need ask:

needs more diversity, we need blacks to praise white nationalism otherwise its racist

not an argument

Theft is not getting stuff for free.
Theft is removing something against the will of the owner.
Advertisement has always been a meme, it never worked and it will never work and watching makes no difference.
Seeing a billboard of a nearly naked model does not make me want to buy a bra.
Advertisement on products I already bought just makes me wonder why they bother, I already gave them money without seeing the advertisement.
Video ads that interrupt the desired content is just annoying and makes me want to stop watching that content. I don't even care what the advertisement is.
Advertisement within the tv show, movie etc is annoying, but mostly just comical, I usually go out of my way to not buy stuff that needs to beg for attention to sell.

Reviews are a form of advertisement, and I can see how those work.
Testing a lot of options and then recommending one gives the recommendation authority and those recommendation carry more weight than traditional advertisement.

Eg.
Apple spends a lot of money on advertisement and they sell a lot of stuff.
But people buy apple stuff because of brand loyalty, not because of the ads, if anything, the ads serve as a hype train so the "fans" of the brand gets hyped up to a release.
If the product were shit, people would buy alternatives.
They are basically keeping the same customers they had and the increase happens because it is a popular brand within these customers.

The amount of people who watches a movie with a guy using a macbook and then goes out to buy one is very low.

we need people to praise nationalism everywhere
even if i don't agree with somebody else's love for their people, i would respect that they love their people and keep their culture separate from mine
nationalism is beautiful that way; it's sort of a non-diverse diversity
anyway there's no need to derail this thread with politics

even debating the idea would be racist and literally spitting on the graves of 6 million victims of your insane ideology

yes he is, now stop responding to him

>muh 6 million
every fucking time

Except american nationalism is based on the idea that diversity is a strenght, antiracism, and religious indifferentism.

Nice try nazo

>Except american nationalism is based on the idea that diversity is a strenght, antiracism, and religious indifferentism.
wrong, and i'm not american anyway
anyway i'm out of here, don't want to derail the thread
cheers

/thread

Daily reminder that not staring wide-eyed into billboard while riding the bus is basically monetary rape.

Are we at a point where people are actually asking this? Because if it's a meme I don't get it.

It's just Sup Forums irony. Nobody actually believes in that crazy stuff, they're all just memeing.

If anyone ever says this to me IRL, I will violently assault them.

Okay except this is not the only place I have been asked that question recently.

it's just a fad meme bro.
No white person is crazy enough to think his race doesn't deserve to get genocided c'mon

No its not. I did not enter any agreement. You send info to my comp I do what I want with it. Why should I be forced to query some server I have not agreed to contact.

it's called tacit informal agreement.
Look it up

>informal yet voluntary agreement

That is a thing you agree to. If you go to a page and they do not offer you an agreement you can agree to then you are not in one.

But that is not what it is. There is no expectation that I have to watch adds to receive a page. There is also no expectation that I give up control of my hardware in order to view a page.

You already know this which is why you are bitching about adblock trying to pretend there is some agreement.

If you want adds on your page put them in your page. If you put a link to another server in your page you are in a tacit informal agreement where the viewer can do whatever the fuck they want with that link. Hell they can view the page however they want.

Imagine driving down the highway, but instead of just seeing a billboard for Big Dick's Toy Shop, your car slows down 50%, uses twice as much gas, 75% of your windshield becomes is covered in BIG DICK'S logos, and a syringe filled with the blood of Ugandan children is jabbed into your arm all while Big Dick personally extols the virtues of ramming his "NIGGERATOR 5000" into your delicate little hole.

That's what internet ads are.

/thread

>There is also no expectation that I give up control of my hardware in order to view a page.
Yes there is since it's an established practice going back years and universally agreed upon in custom

And you know this full well especially since you fucking went out of your way to INSTALL AND ADBLOCKER in the first place

Its founded on pride about something you can't control.

No it isnt. There has always been people viewing pages through alternative means. Hell you had to watch out for that when making pages. At no point could you assume you had control of the other end.

what about gay pride then? national pride?

Except most adblockers have acceptable ads, but most people don't follow them and allow the botnet to link in a malicious server that gives you a trojan

>there's always been murderers so it's unreasonable to assume murder is outside the norm

>watching TV
>ads start playing
>switch channel
>swat brigade smashes through the windows
>"HOW DARE YOU NOT WATCH THAT AD, THIEF!"
Shot on sight - no time to react.
Posting from hell where my thieving ass belongs.

Going back to the beginning you had to make pages with the idea that some people dont run scripts or some people dont run the picture or videos or anything. HTML actually has always had ways to get the info across other ways like a simple description "picture of a cat".

Also the ad industry has done this to themselves. Those fucks made the normies actually figure out how to run adblock. The normies never want to learn anything. I cant get the assholes in my office to stop clicking on the shes hot for you in your area links.

Ads are manipulative. It's clear if you look at Sup Forums even. Everyone is looking at benchmarks from random ass sites when they should be looking at the architectures behind the benchmarks.
It's just as bad as looking at a shampoo commercial and thinking you will get the same nice hair because the lady has nice hair.

Quite the opposite, when they put ads in the websites I visit they are using MY bandwidth to push THEIR shit.

Webpage ads are a dated business, now the business is done by stealing your info and selling it to others.

>content given for free as in money
>ads put on the side in order to pick up the tab for said content being free
>"please disable adblock you're stealing money from us"

We passed laws against murderers. There is no law saying going to a webpage means surrendering control of your hardware. And adding such laws in anti free market government interference. It is not in the governments business to do so.

If this was the case they could just block you from viewing if adblock is enabled.
I just leave then but still.

They do that and people either dodge their shitty attempt or dont go. They dont make a real attempt because people will stop coming.

Ad blocking isn't theft. The website is forcing unwanted shit on you. You go for the content. Not the ads.

Yeah. So clearly their content isn't worth watching their ads. They're literally figuratively stealing from people.

i'm ok with theft

Daily reminder that online advertising is theft!
(of my bandwidth)

>OP reminded me o check Ublock
>found ekansovi.com greened

oh shit mane, me too. just blocked it.

thanks for the reminder OP

kek, 10/10

reminded me of when the homeland security cracked down on some poor fuckers selling tshirts during superbowl XLI

because catching peddlers selling fake NFL shirts is more important than protecting the country

If i watch tv and skip channel on commercials, is that stealing too?

>catching peddlers selling fake NFL shirts is more important than protecting the country
It actually is.
America's pillar is capitalism and the rule of law.
No amount of terrorist attacks can harm that.
But widespread piracy would.

Daily reminder that ads are a common malware vector, and failing to block them is as idiotic as licking hospital patients in quarantine in exchange for free newspapers.

Call me a thief as much as you want, it will not stop me from blocking your ads.

The bait is dead and effort lacking. Try harder next time, nab.

As for the rest of you morons, sage this shit and don't feed the troll.

So? These companies jump over each other to fuck you over anyways. Fuck them.

Sup Forums is already populated by blacks, asians and arabs LARPing as white men.

negro please

it just serves to show how kike controlled our country when a GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION is working to protect a monopolistic private corporation's interests

>>>/tumblr/

probably, the blame is always on the consumer.

both retarded, be proud of things you have earned, and happy for what people around you have earned, you didn't do shit, so you shouldn't feel pride in the fact that someone who shares some characteristic with you did something.

but doesn't your IQ, ergo something you have no control over, largely determine what you are able to accomplish?

its all about minuscule associations.
if people consistently see productive high end people working on macs, an association is made.
if people see a housewife on a soap opera use the same soap consistently, an association of consistent satisfaction is made.
this is why political advertisements are unethical and should be banned like they are in france.