Resolution sorcery

So I've just downloaded a wallpaper for my phone with a 1440*2650 resolution. Which should fit the S6 Edge perfectly.

Though it's actually 4 times the size of my screen. And full screen without "zooming" in creates artifacts.

Is this magic or did Samsung cuck me? Pic related.

>Falling for the Samsung jew

(((iPhone))) is so much better yeah. No indoctrinating cuckery there at all

You might be misinformed there mate... Lol

The Jew is American yeah, not Korean. But still not helping

You dumb Tumblrina

your phone is downscaling the image and converting it to low quality jpeg for it to load faster
its the same with every version of windows past vista

It's downscaling it by increasing the size? In my imagination it should be smaller than my screen then. I can view the image in full size and it's perfect quality 4 times my screen. It's a PNG not a vector. Still don't get it tbqh

you said the image was 4 times the size of the screen

Yeah it seems to be at least. But in perfect quality like it's a vector image. Even though it should be a perfect fit

what resolution is your screen

1440*2650. S6 Edge, same resolution as that image. But when I full screen it on my phone it's roughly 4* my screen

See the sides. There's an invisible "bar" that doesn't show up when I full screen it

Forgot pic. Posting the full screen

Are you retarded? Samsung and Apple are pretty much the worst possible picks.

This is full screen.

2650!=2560

>that font
Gross.

Good point. But the width is spot on but still twice my screen.

Serif > anything else. But it's a matter of taste obviously

use this one instead

thats 2x zoom

This is clipping.

But it's not zoom. When you double tap on an image in the Gallery app it doesn't zoom, it "zooms" only to the full size of the image. Or so I thought

it zooms to the full size of the image if the image is larger than the screen. if the image is smaller it zooms more

But why do I have the same artifacts I get in PS when I downscale? That's the only bit that doesn't make sense. It's also too hot to fucking think