/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - All you really need for 60fps with power to spare; Don’t get an i5.
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>i7 7700k - Bad value but best144hz CPU
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz.
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>AMD GPUs are suffering a lack of stock and Nvidia a rise in price thanks to e-currency miners

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
>The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dKtV9W
pcpartpicker.com/list/HnDpkT
youtube.com/watch?v=wz_-Q5QzRqg
dell.com/en-us/work/shop/accessories/apd/a9083544?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A9083544
pcpartpicker.com/list/hRDpkT
pcpartpicker.com/list/tjwGgL
pcpartpicker.com/list/frTd2R
pcpartpicker.com/list/gBwGgL
es.pcpartpicker.com/product/mpM323/asus-rog-strix-z270i-gaming-mini-itx-lga1151-motherboard-strix-z270i-gaming
youtube.com/watch?v=wiDZNT7mxLQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/nzBsQV
pcpartpicker.com/list/jY4RxY
pcpartpicker.com/list/cLCWLD
pcpartpicker.com/list/mDr2wV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone telling you to get the 7700k outside of 144hz gaming builds is most likely very retarded

How will the threadripper do for gaming? Most likely the same as the 1800x right?

and anyone telling you to cap your fps at 60 for the ryzen is retarded

First for fuck off with your 7700k shilling

Threadripper isn't for gaming just like Quandro isn't for gaming

Lower, they'll most likely be lower clocked. But the difference in FPS between the 1700 and 1800x isn't that big so you should expect slightly better performances than the 1700

REAL THREAD
hide and sage this shitpost thread

>ryzen performs worse
>somehow this means intel is btfo
???

>getting a 7700k
>when threadripper AND i9 are around the corner
morons
the lot of you

Whats a good cpu to get for this build

7820x hands down

The 7700k is at 5GHz and delidded. It's also more expensive and need both a better cooler and motherboard. That's not a win by any way.

alright faggots
I want a retro gaming PC build, to run XP, with the oldest new parts I can get. Thinking an AM2 or LGA 775 build.
pcpartpicker.com/list/dKtV9W
pcpartpicker.com/list/HnDpkT

??

REAL THREAD

what the fuck are you on about you idiot? it's the same OP

for dual monitors, do you turn off one when gaming/watching shows? my autism loses immersion if i have a Sup Forums thread tab open right when im gaming

Well then delid your rayzen and OC it to 5gHz too

oh wait

nice samefag

second monitor will lower fps so yes

What kind of cpu should i get for a home office pc

>deliding is good

As if that other retard with his pcpartpicker's own account link wasn't already annoying by hijacking the OP, now we got a second retard that shits up the thread even though it has the same OP as the one he wants to create
I was hesitant to go see the mods about the first retard but i guess i'll have to go on the IRC to get this one retard banned

Answer the question, it's the same OP

it is.
It's in the spirit of PC building
>customize ur shit
>get the best perf possible

>customize ur shit
>not build your own shit
wow what a fucking pleb

>im going to go to the IRC and tell the mods that amd is bullying me
commit sudoku

People have delidded Ryzen. Delidding it doesn't provide much better cooling. It's good for maybe 1 degree celsius and .1 Ghz more of an overclock.
Not worth it.
youtube.com/watch?v=wz_-Q5QzRqg

You're not hitting 5+ GHz on Ryzen without liquid nitrogen cooling (which reminds me, the Ryzen 5 1600 set 6 core overclocking records on Liquid nitrogen at 5.9 Ghz

lurk more

>Thread wars all because some autist doesn't like the OP
Jesus fucking christ.

>newfag calling others new

II CORELET LINE II
CORELETS WITH LESS THAN 6 CORES CAN NOT POST BELOW THIS POST

1 intel core=2 aymd cores so I can post

Death to Jew miners and their ilk

X E O N S
E
O
N
S
to the gulag with you

Why would I bother with Xeon? Xeon recently got their ass handed to them in an Epyc, knockdown, drag-out fight.

>tfw have Ryzen 5 1600 in box
>cant put build together until mining boom crashes and prices return to normal
>tfw stuck using an Intel 4 core laptop in the meantime

Cause Ryzen doesn't have a iGPU and he has no GPU? That seem really clear

because GPU prices are insane and Ryzen doesn't have an iGPU

ill sell you my fury and/or rx470 for a fair price.

You can buy some second hand GPU like 560ti for 20 bucks for the time being

not in my area. computer parts wasteland here on the east coast
what would you consider fair? The 470 is essentially a slightly worse version of the RX570 I want.

i got the 470 for 150 new. ill take 120 for it. asus strix 4gb. all i use it for is 4k60 video playback.

Oh boo hoo i have to spend 20$ more on the gpu mommy i will instead keep the rest of my components sitting for months having thereby wasted tons of money because I've already paid but can't use them for whoknows how long and by the time I will be able to their market value will be 30-40% lower
t.retard

wait untill the mining crysis goes away. either AMD re-stocks or Vega comes out. Also there were rummors of a Radeon card made specificlly for Cryptocurrency mining. which will potentially draw all attention away from consumer cards.

I have a RX570 Nitro + and it's worth every penny (at $215)

The retard is the moron that didn't figure out why he wasn't using his Ryzen. Don't get butthurt that we pointed it out moron.

Very tempting. Lemme think about it

>Oh boo hoo i have to spend 20$ more on the gpu
>$20
I fucking wish. Go on Newegg. Cards similar to what I want are now going for over $600.
Fucking miners.

Best CPU for taking back the crypto currency market from the jews?

Intel. Make sure it's the most expensive version. Jews gotta eat too.

How are you supposed to fit the CPU power pins on a Z270E? They've literally placed them at the most unreachable point on the entire board. Only way to insert them is with tiny hands or remove the fucking CPU cooler

No they don't.

They survived on old, moldy rations in Auschwitz.

Jews don't need to eat. Jews aren't human.

No spastic, I knew exactly why he wasn't already, but wanted to point out his retardation for all to see.

>Also there were rummors of a Radeon card made specificlly for Cryptocurrency mining
That is stupid. Mainly cause that opens you to wasting money instead of getting ASIC. And PoS > PoW and coins are trying to move away from PoW.

Im currently using an i5 6500
Should I switch to ryzen?

Sadly all you did was point out your own retardation.

>wanted to point out his retardation for all to see.
see:
Prices on Polaris cards currently are insane.

Oops forgot;
I mostly do gaming, streaming, video editing and 3d design (solidworks)

>legitimately wondering if a good idea is a good idea

No. Are you getting bottlenecked by your CPU? I doubt so.

Not worth it at the moment. Wait another year or so.
In that case, it MIGHT be worth it. For average people on something that new, it isn't worth it, but considering your use, totally worth it.

i want to GPU passthrough (arch + wangblows)
my build currently has a i5-7600K, so i can use the iGPU for linux
should i keep it that way, or is getting ryzen + some crappy GPU cheaper?

oh look i fixed ur problem by 30 seconds websearch dell.com/en-us/work/shop/accessories/apd/a9083544?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A9083544

Can someone make me a budget build for $400 that has a GTX 1060.

The 6GB model please.

not possible.

yea mommi i absolutely need a 580 waaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa i cant get any other gpu i promise im not autistic

it seems like no one on this general knows what is best and just makes statements based on opinions

pcpartpicker.com/list/hRDpkT

thoughts?

What the fuck happened that made all the GTX 1060s dissapear from my country's biggest shops?

What is the best is dependent on what you need.

youd need at least $700 for a 1060 build

I have made a functioning and pretty good 1060 build that came out to $589

Try again

It's not just AMD cars that are affected. nvidia cards are also being affected. Everything short of a 1080 has a price hike and limited supply

Since AyyyMD is out of stock. Nvidia is the only option, so people desperate to hop on the mining craze buy Nvidia and everyone else buys Nvidia. Especially since Ryzen has no iGPU forcing everyone to buy a card with their new build

bitch, this guy has a 1070 and doesn't even reach $600

150$ for a 2500k+mobo+8gb ram
270$ for 1060 6gb
Hopefully he got psu,ssd and case already

Get a PNY ssd and a better psu. If you don't want to wait for the mining craze to end, get a rx560 or 1050ti.

Cause if you actually bother to fucking look at that list, the 1070 has no price. Because it is out of stock. So it is 600 + the price of 1070.

Yea but you can find 1060s and 1070s with a 20$ price hike so again, just autism and utter retardation

Buying hundreds of $ worth of components @ t1 and letting them rot till t2 is a massive financial loss

Might as well return them

pcpartpicker.com/list/tjwGgL
The 1070 you chose was missing a price.

Here, if you want to stay within reasonable budget: pcpartpicker.com/list/frTd2R

Here is if you are on super-budget:
pcpartpicker.com/list/gBwGgL

>buying nvidia
Enjoy a card that struggles to work within 2 years.

enjoy no GPU alternatively I guess?

I'm making a build using a Define Nano S case, but I really need help with the following:

What motherboard should I get?
Someone mentioned in the comments that the Z270i is not a good combination with the Define Nano S case. es.pcpartpicker.com/product/mpM323/asus-rog-strix-z270i-gaming-mini-itx-lga1151-motherboard-strix-z270i-gaming
The alternative is supposedly getting a Asustek Z170i.
I don't understand the problem with the z270i and don't know if I'll be missing or bottleknecking something with the z170i.

What power supply is flat and small enough for the Define Nano S to have enough space for a Asus Rog Strix 1080ti to breathe?
Video related: youtube.com/watch?v=wiDZNT7mxLQ

And finally; What cooler should I get?
As you can probably tell by now I'm completely lost and in need of your guidance anons. I don't know if watercooling fans need a lot of maintenance or switching out the fluids every X time and like the video above states, maybe a blower fan would be better.

Please help me kind anons, I feel like my dream build is right around the corner.

maybe if you can seel that i5 with the mobo for a decent price, jump to Ryzen (and get the R7 1700)

Start from the begining. post the pcpartpicker and we will move ahead from there.

i made a super budgeted build and while making it i followed what i have seen you guys lay down

pcpartpicker.com/list/nzBsQV

this good?

It's as good as you are going to get on as steep a budget you have.

I congratulate you on not going for a crappy AMD jew-CPU.

You also have a red theme going in this, I like how even on a budget you got a color theme.

The parts you chose are pretty good. (For a shitty budget build)

Go ahead and build it, user.

Don't forget a wireless adapter. (Unless you have ethernet.)

Here it is: pcpartpicker.com/list/jY4RxY
My fate is in your hands!

>zrzut ekranu
:)
>unlocked cpu
>locked motherboard
this build looks all over the place. You can save some money on cpu or if it doesn't matter just go 7700k and some z270 motherboard.

Crap, that's the wrong case.
Here's the actual case: pcpartpicker.com/list/cLCWLD
Not a big difference anyways.

You did that all wrong, the price doubled because I had to fix every one of your mistakes, you should try making a new list with not as-good parts if you can't afford this list:
pcpartpicker.com/list/mDr2wV

I fucked up a motherboard 1151 again

why is it that when parts are compatible, the list still isn't good enough because "brands" or "it doesn't match"

it's not fucking lego

rate my build
>Ryzen 1700x
>Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
>ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
>G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 2400
>Corsair h100i v2
>WD Black 512GB Performance SSD - 8 Gb/s M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe SSD
>Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
>WD Blue 1TB Desktop HDD
>Corsair RM850x PSU

>6700k reaches 75-80c when running games

is speccy shit or did i somehow badly fuck something up or get a faulty cpu

Im going to switch to ryzen 7, Can I overclock an 1700x well with a b350 or do i have to get an x370?
I have a cm 240 pro already so cooling isnt a problem.

u need to delid it bro

b350 vs x370 offers no significant difference in OC potential afaik

when exactly is the time to buy?

Some guy is selling his week old 1700 for 240€ shipped is it a good buy

How's the sapphire rx580 4gb for 270 euro dollars boys, y/n? out of stock obviously but I'll just wait longer
using it alongside r5 1600 cpu for gaymen in 1080p @ 60hz, though I'm thinking of moving up to 144hz