$1000 for a surface book

>$1000 for a surface book
Why haven't you bought one yet, Sup Forums? I did.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MT7P0QJ/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>128GB SSD
that's why

Linux doesn't work well on it and Windows is complete garbage.

Because it's hot and cloth is gonna be stupid

I've heard the Book has excellent thermals, and I'm positive it has no cloth. Maybe you're confusing it with the Surface Laptop?

Wrong product

Even if you were talking about the right product, the Surface Laptop has excellent thermals, and the non-heat conductive fabric makes it much more comfortable to use than metal.

Apparently, the only things that don't work under Linux are the dGPU (if you ordered one with a dGPU) and the webcams.

I'm tempted to get one, but I already have a surface 3 and a desktop. I'm not sure what use i would get out of it.

Enjoying my XPS 15

I don't imagine you get that sort of performance as a 1050 4gb in these

can't play games, equivalent for that money can play games, stupid shit for office jerks

shill thread? shill thread

I got the SP5 instead.

Replaced my old rMBP13 (Late 2013) and Surface 3. Consolidated both devices into one.

>naming it book

Come up with an original idea for once

>$1000 for a surface book

Was that meant to be a rhetorical question?

I'd rather buy an ipad pro with that price.

The regular surface is actually good and fixable.

The surface book is garbage.

I actually bought one the was $1800, but I returned it

It was a great machine, ran anything I needed extremely well, and was pretty light without the keyboard, but sadly not as useful without the keyboard.

Went with an $800 Asus instead, had the same hardware as a rMBP at the time, minus the retina, but with a nice touch screen.

I have no use for a tablet larger than my laptop that already doubles as a tablet.

Bought a Surface Pro 3 equipped with an i5 processor, 25ygb storage, 8gm gigabytes of RAM for $380 last January.

Shill fuck off

>128GB SSD
>Windows
>Excessive Ram to Support Windows
>Intel i3 / i5 / i7
>Shitty Linux / Unix compatibility
>One thousand US dollars

I SIMPLY CANNOT PUT MY FINGER ON WHY I DON'T WANT THIS DEVICE

Who are you quoting?

Adobe Creative Cloud doesn't work with Windows 10 S.

>Headphone jack breaks
>Welp, time to trash this since in can never be repaired

This travesty just gets more fucking embarrassing every day

That's good because Surface Book run Windows 10 Pro

nice maymay

Doesn't close properly.

>what is a warranty

He's green text the specs of the machine u fuckin dingus.

>microsd support
Ok.

Linux sucks.

Did you not see OPs picture? clearly not. Taking shit you know nothing about.

Go get a mac then and leave Sup Forums for good.

Alright, enjoy being able to use it for netflix only.

pro 3 owner here with i3, great to have as backup for my other electronics and when I'm off doing training for the military.

Surface is a great product and helps notch apple down a level with their fuckboy pricing/shit hardware specs.

What?. What are you even doing to possibly break the headphone jack anyway?

Another fucking retard who doesn't know what hes talking about. Since the surface 3, they've been running on true windows 10 OS. I think surface 2 was able to switch over as well, but I didn't bother looking into it much.

Get the surface pro then. Problem solved.

WINDOZE HURR DURR!
I LUV VIDYA GAMEZ
LOL I HOPE I DONTZ GET ANY RANSOMWARE TODAY
IT LUV IT CUZ IT WORKS AND REQUIRES NO LITTLE THINKING ON MY PART WHICH IS GOOD CUZ IM NOT TOO SMART

You skipped the part where you can't get inside it without destroying the plastic case shill.

why would I spend $1000 on a lump of glued trash?

I had a surface pro 3. When it stopped working on Jan 2016, I used my warranty to grab a surface pro 4 since the Microsoft store I went to didn't have pro 3 in Stock.

I liked it. It was a nice machine for typing papers in college with. I had the 4 gb ram i5 with 128 gb sdd. It didn't play games unless it was hearthstone on low. I sold it a year later and bought a desktop pc.

If I had the money, I would probably go for the book. It has a longer battery than the pro 4. Also, UAG cases are pretty nice to have.

microsoft only makes the highest quality products

Only if it had the performance base

>Surface Book
>plastic case
you what nigger?

Yes after 3 hours with a heat gun. I love when everything is glued down!

Thanks for proving you're a retard.
>inb4 i was only pretending

tell em user.
that thing is junk

use your warranty fucktard

Idk if you actually work in IT or maybe you've never tried to contact a vendor for warranty work I've spent a good hour minimum on the phone with various vendors like Dell trying to arrange for legitimate warranty work. Anyone competent who can fix the machine can replace a headphone jack faster than make that call let alone also add the errand of shipping. I know you're low skill and intimidated by talented people but stop shilling.

works for me

You know how sometimes memory goes bad? About 6% of memory dies in 3-4 years. You know what happens when the memory on that laptop goes bad? Throw it in the fucking trash. All your files, everything, the thing can't be taken apart.

2-7% of SSDs fail in the first four years. You're basically looking at a 1 in 10 chance that you bought a real fancy paperweight.

The rest of us want to be able to actually get our data off if some small component (a single fucking resistor for instance) goes bad.

Because I already have a tablet why would I buy another one

And the touchscreen

Whoa...

>shilling this hard
ayy lmao get a life faggot

beause i have the 140$ /csg/ approved version

aka, dogshit.

>8GB of RAM
>128GB SSD
>forced to use Winshit
That's why. Now stop shilling.

It has a custom EFI that locks you out of installing a custom OS. You'd have to hack the bootloader like it's a fucking phone.

PAJEET!!
The rate was 5 rupees PER POST, not PER REPLY.
You can't just quote 10 people in one post and expect us to pay you for 10 posts.
Please move on the to next thread in your queue, you've made it obvious now.
Remember to be ready to reply in the next Surface thread though when the supervisor posts in in 15 minutes.

Why spend $1000 on a Surface when you could put that money towards a Grom?

Oy Rajesh! enough shilling this thread already, don't you remember that you have 8 more threads to shill today? go do it now or else you won't get your rupees.

thank you based grom

BASED! micropenis

>2014 model

old hardware, overpriced, the hinge, i'll just get one of the surface clones

Because I bought this instead you fucking pleb

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MT7P0QJ/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

that's way too small