Why are people who work with technology so sour?

Why are people who work with technology so sour?
Every software engineer I've ever met is a big meanie and everyone on this board is a bully. :(

Shut up and install gentoo
You'll understand when you do that.

fpbp

Because anyone who knows how the technology actually works knows how badly politicians are fucking it up and how little they actually understand

I'm not. I love you. Let's trade Telegram messages and talk about life, my man. I can buy you a Steam game so that we can play together.

Have you considered that maybe these people are just exhausted by your idiocy?

This is how missing children happen.

Nobody mentioned politics. Go back to .

Because they stare at code all day. They don't want to be bothered by stupid shit.

being mean over the internet is fun as fuck
and nobody takes anything anyone says over the internet serious/to heart
therefore no one is hurt, and lulz are to be had.

irl you have thieves, violence, from genuine psychopaths while the dumbasses and being mean escalates these sensitive sissies into violent tangents.
which is fun to watch but at the same time very sad.

Because the majority of people I help are drooling retards that can't even be assed to check if the fucking power swith is on. Working IT is hell because you're literally paid to think for people, and when you're trying to explain why the $20 router for 50 people shit the bed to some fuckwad normie that doesn't give a shit about the why; it's very stressful and will make anyone jaded and bitter. Most people (myself included) went for the IT position because we like the tech and tinkering with it. I didn't start out as a jaded asshole, I turned into one because I am quite literally treated as subhuman a majority of the time. There are a few cool dudes, but they're few and far between.

And people's feelings (ergo this whole thread's topic) aren't technology. Some topics intersect. Deal with it.

We are tired of atupid people askong for the impoasible ans then getting mad when we cant provide it

Community friendliness doesn't intersect with politics, you idiot. Only SJWs and Alt-SJWs (Also called alt-righters) think that.

/thread

Manuals exist for a god damn good reason. They exist in PDF form which you can find the stuff you need by just hitting CTRL+F.

So is it a bad idea to get an IT degree?
Is the pay good?
Will I develop crippling depression/hate everyone?

>Community friendliness doesn't intersect with politics
Could have fooled me.

Imagine being the smartest person in the fucking room, almost to the point of being a god like being through the ability to properly utilize cutting edge technology around you. You know exactly what to do in most if not all situations while understanding all of the inherent limits of the tech you use.

Now imagine if the fucking pions and shit for brains morons who require your assistance with this technology or needed you to operate it also believed they were Gods and had this weird delusion that they also knew more about the technology they are asking you for help about. Imagine these people who have literally never used a computer for anything outside Facebook and a word processor telling YOU how to do the thing they asked YOU for help on as you performed the task for them. Imagine these people telling you that you're WRONG after explaining to them the exact reasons why you can't do that for them or why the device cant perform that function in the first place. IMAGINE THESE PEOPLE GETTING EXTREMELY ANGRY LIKE AUTISTIC TODDLERS BECAUSE YOU DIDNT DO SOMETHING THE EXACT WAY THEY WANTED IT WHICH WAS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Now do that dozens of times a day. Now realize that this person could potentially be your boss. Now realize that this is 80% of your clientele as a technology/IT employee.

You'll get paid well, but you will eventually hate everyone around you.

>2011
nothing has changed

Have you considered that maybe these people are just exhausted by office politics?

Often community friendliness is dependent on the interaction, the environment, and the person being interacted with (i.e. the representative of the tech community in the situation). All of those things have the potential to intersect with politics. They don't ALWAYS intersect, but I never claimed they do. I was giving one small part of a different perspective on why people might be irritable when talking to non-techies.

I also think your instant jump to strawman me as an extremist shows a lack of critical thinking.

Only the strong survive.
The weak should fear the strong

what if i already hate everyone around me? is it my destiny to work in IT and help the plebs?

That's the culture. The value of a person is reduced to what he or she knows and what they can do with technology. There's more to a human being than that but it's missing from this subculture. If we come off as cold, soulless, closed-minded, impatient, arrogant, flippant, glib and exasperated it's because that's where we come from. Maybe more accurately, that's where YOU have come TO. So when in an outsider, who's knowledge and experience is worthless, comes to a place like this, what kind of reaction to you expect?

>everyone on this board is a bully
You realize this is Sup Forums right?

I feel like I don't fit here. I'm like the most helpful person I know. When somebody comes to me with a problem I explain it thoroughly and with such detail that either they get it (and begin their journey onto the IT land), they run away, or their head explodes from information oversaturation.

> Hi user, I'm having trouble with my HDD. can you help me?
>Sure. Let me explain first how magnets work...

IT Degree, depends on the focus
Get your certs first; A+, Cisco, etc. Those things are more valuable than gold at this point. The certs and a friend in companyName are your ticket to a job in IT. Though those certs mean fucking nothing for the majority of what you do. Any moron from Sup Forums could do what I do. As for your pre-jaded self. Being a people person helps. Not because it'll stick around for more than a week, but that it'll be easier to mask your distain for the jackass demanding you make outlook load faster.