Why aren't you running your I2P/Freenet/Tor node?

A friendly reminder that if you care about freedom of speech you should be running an I2P/Freenet/Tor node.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.slashdot.org/story/16/04/10/2155217/seattle-police-raid-tor-using-privacy-activists
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Running a tor exit node is legally dangerous.

>not running GNUnet node
Come on user.

>java i2p
u made me sad :

It's a piece of shit I know. That is why I run both.

I run a non exit For relay but my connection it's kind of slow and out hardly ever gets any use

I run a XOfR i2p router.

I run 12 XOfR routers

because I read their warnings sections and realized that running one is not for me

Because I still live with my parents and mommy said no. :'-(

because i'm not a fucking pedophile.

>15KB/s
Holy shit uncork your bandwidth you Jew. You're the reason my torrents are so fucking slow.

Is freenet compromised like Tor? What's reliable nowadays?

Yeah running an exit node for people to buy drugs and masturbate to toddlers sure seems like a great idea

>implying Tor has been compromised.

Perfectly legal to run an exit node, it's just highly recommended to not run it in your home and to let ISP know you're running an exit node so police can talk to you like professionals rather than bust your door down

it uses too much bandwidth and makes everything else unusable.

i forward 50 GiB/day for i2p

How?
You gotta have configured quite a alot of tunnels then? Or you live in Russia (that's the place with the most nodes)

don't forget the hackers using it for c2 comms

also jondo

> having slow connection 15/3, wireless for bad stability based on weather
> having no 24/7 dedicated machine
> don't want my IP being blocked on fileshare servers (my favorite one blocks Tor nodes, but not every; they probably just grabbed someone else's list without reasoning; if my IP appears on some list, every website suddenly blocks me)
> don't want to pay extra for static public IP
> don't want to run Java program that is being security risk with bad sandboxing, does it even chroot by default?
> don't want to help sharing cp and drug sells
> only regime countries need it, that traffic is probably small minority
> anonymity is dead, deal with it

runs well on raspberry pi like computers :D

>using these for torrents
you're fucking retarded
it doesn't even protect you and you fuck the network for everyone

i2p handles torrents very well, and is even encouraged

Your talking about Tor you CIA nigger. Fuck off
Also thisEither gtfo or lurk moar

>guys hes running a tor exit node, scrap the swat team and give him immunity
this doesnt happen user, running an exit node is just too much danger

TOR is a honeypot
i'm already being monitored, i don't need to be on yet another list of suspects

It just happened a few months ago here. Some user posted CP on Sup Forums behind Tor. The exit node was in some guys house and he got raided at 5am.

m.slashdot.org/story/16/04/10/2155217/seattle-police-raid-tor-using-privacy-activists

What kind of traffic do you think I could push on a RPI3? What's the bottleneck on your machine?

well im running a pine64 in that pic, i believe they have the same cpu (or at least, very similar). i can push 250KB in/out and my (java, using oracle jvm) router doesnt use more than 100MB of ram, and my system load rarely goes over 1, so ~25% on 4 cpus. As a guess, id say you could push 1MB in/out on a RPI3

my bottleneck is probably my bandwidth since i only get 5Mb upload, and i wanna leave headroom for others in the house.

Thanks user. I've been trying to get a straight answer on that for a few days now. How's the reliability? Should I pick up a fan, or take any precautions if I'm going to push 1mb consistently?

Its very reliable, havent had any problems once it was installed. though i2p is a bit hard to install on the aarch64 architecture, but is possible.

I would probably recommend a heatsink/fan so your cpu doesnt have to throttle.

> or take any precautions if I'm going to push 1mb consistently?

not really. but you might have to learn a little on how to configure a high bandwidth router (increasing bandwidth and tunnels, easy stuff).

only other thing id say, is mount your i2p logs (~/.i2p/logs) to tmpfs so its not constantly writing to the sd card

>I2P
I was trying to find a way to route I2P traffic via a SOCKS5 proxy but I was not able to find a way to do so, do you know of any way? My uni ISP blocks things like I2P and tor. At least with tor I can use both SOCKS5 and a bridge.

Same goes for GNUnet.