/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/JGV0O88
youtube.com/watch?v=uGcoIue1Bs8
pics.me.me/s-your-girl-a-bad-b-or-does-she-just-3473024.png
survivevancouver.blogspot.ca/2010/04/spotting-feikos.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Which Grand Seiko is this?

:^)

Fuck me dead, my omega +1 every hour, gonna have it regulate next week

Replaced bezel, bezel insert, case, and crystal for 80 euro and returned my original ceramic bezel insert as well with free express shipping there and back. I'd say that was worth the 3 month wait.

Got an odd job today, I have to relume and old pocketwatch dial and hands. Too bad it's radioactive as fuck, so I'll be wearing rubber gloves and a dust mask.

Pic unrelated, a burnt as fuck old radioactive Elgin.

GUYS.... guys

I found the perfect watch, it will run for 20 years without service or fooling with it or changing the battery.

It's a beautiful diver.

It's made by reputable brand seiko.

it as a red stripe on the windy knob

I just thought you should know

Thanks, link to your blog? :^)

>3 months to do 5mins of work
>express

SHITTER!

>Thanks, link to your blog? :^)
imgur.com/JGV0O88

1000 feet = 304.8 meters

why does rolex LIE about this? They say their watch can go to 1000 feet or 300 meters

BUT IF YOU GO TO 1000 FEET IT'S TOO DEEP AND YOUR WATCH WILL IMPLODE

Jesus christ...

Might as well get a fake GMT at that point

This explanation is even better:
youtube.com/watch?v=uGcoIue1Bs8

because if there is one thing that blocks high levels of radiation

it's latex gloves

>I Don't Know How Radiation Poisoning
Works: The Post
Muh magic deathrays.

>I think latex is the same thing as lead

the post

Is regulating a watch easy? if it easy then i will probably take my watch to a nearby watch repair shop, if it hard then i will take it to a more expert shop. My watch is +25s/ day now.

Are you fucking retarded?

>Is regulating a watch easy? if it easy then i will probably take my watch to a nearby watch repair shop, if it hard then i will take it to a more expert shop. My watch is +25s/ day now.

Regulating a Seiko SNE437 is easy because you don't have to! The time is always right!

Depends on the movement. Shouldn't be too hard though.

Did the fit me OK anons? Lugs don't go over the wrist as it appears on the photo

>I Don't Know How Radiation Poisoning
Works II: Electric Boogaloo

thats uh... thats pretty off my man

is this a new meme?

So it's +1440 sec/day? Wtf?!

i am afraid to ask how you got that number

That would make it off by +24s in a day, user.

You must be over 18 to post on this site.

He might have thought 1min/hour.

Still +24s might be something you have to live with if it's an old beat to shit watch. If it's a co-axial then you deserve the cucking.

I assumed 1 minute per hour as 1 sec per hour for a vintage watch is not crazy.

user...

Oh come on guys it's not that old

you meant one second per hour right?

also how could you ever wear that orient again. ITS FUCKING YUGE.

What can you tell me about this ?

I think i will wear the Orient if i feel like it, the Omega is my everyday watch from now on

Look pretty gay, nothing wrong with that

"woah nice rolex user! oh wait... "

How do you respond?

Rate my watch

Take a closer pic you dumb dumb

>lanket
>wirstlet
>cargo shorts
>those shoes

3/10 see me after class

lanky wristlet

so much this... not only does it looks stupid on most wrists but the proportions are off on larger watches.

look at this
the orient just has the wrong proportions

>It's AN HOMÁGE you plebeian! Of course my mom would have let me have a Rolex b-but I just didn't want one!
But now that we're on the subject why the fuck is the only pepsi GMT in the current lineup made out of white gold for like 25 thousand fucking dollars or something? And the ceramic bezel looks awful, it's more purple than blue.

Looks like your door jamb and all the trim could use a fresh coat of paint also the watch is dogshit.

henceforth itt post only shitters.

RARE

LORDOSIS

pics.me.me/s-your-girl-a-bad-b-or-does-she-just-3473024.png

>it as a red stripe on the windy knob

TRIPS CONFIRM RED STRIPE ON WINDY KNOW IS BEST

They're known for their long warranty work. Mine wasn't even warranty because I fucked it up myself. Doing all that work with free shipping for $90, basically a new watch.

do you see anyone laughing?

Good morning wt

go away man

sorry for posting and discussing watches ;_;

Is this some kind of a new meme?

You should be sorry about posting 5 pictures of the same quartz watch in this thread and probably just as many in the previous one. I get one or two in each thread as its your new watch and you are excited but come on man.

here's a close up of the windy knob

Just ignore him. He is probably just so butthurt about people liking seiko that he has resorted to falseflagging as a seikofag and spamming that one watch in an attempt to foster more hatred.

>so I'll be wearing rubber gloves and a dust mask.
Is that radium?
Won't you be needing more than that?
Don't take the job senpai, you don't want poisoning.

I don't get any of this shit. I like all good or nice watches that fit my taste. I don't care about the brand. Why are there so many seiko and anti seiko fucks on this board.

>Sumo-tier bezel font
>basic slab case
>polished bracelet
>cyclops

As long as it isn't ingested and there's sufficient ventilation for the radon produced he'll be fine. Alpha particles are only harmful inside the body and the level of gamma exposure will be minimal with that amount.

Gamma is almost unreadable by my detector. Beta is more but with my shitty commie detector there's no easy way to calculate the exact beta dose.

I'm already done now and collected everything contaminated.

You have any picks of relume? Also what binder and powder do you use? the tritec stuff?

this shitter has only gained 6 seconds the past two days

I'll do one tomorrow.

I'm using the stuff Ranfft.de sells which is basically Nemoto Luminova, the Jap stuff Superluminova is based on (or just rebranded, who knows).

>windy knob
Kys.

Also it's an old full-arabic pocketwatch dial. The old lume had nice patina but the owner wanted the lume working and not just brown.

What battery chemistry can charge for 20 years?

>What battery chemistry can charge for 20 years?
Seiko's, also ecodrives have run longer

I'd use a full HEPA respirator to be safe. HEPA was originally developed for filtering radioactive particles. You should have one in your emergency go bag anyway.

>I'd use a full HEPA respirator to be safe.

because respirators protect against radiation

they do. These particles are not emitting large amounts of ionizing radiation . They become dangerous when ingested. Thus preventing inhalation or ingestion prevents radiation exposure.

One flight probably exposes you to more radiation. Eat antioxidant-rich whole foods all day every day. But not isolated supplements. They can often have opposite effects in that form. Food is a package deal :^)

do you guys fall for every bait post anyone throws out there? christ

that's impressive for a standard close-coupled porcelain

does not mean you didn't fall for clear bait

so someone was not so clearly pretending to be retarded. We attempted to educate that person so they could improve and now we are the retarded ones? Damn really made me think.

>continues backpedaling

wut?

how much did you pay for this

is this cancer?

Do you dive?

so from concensus in this thread it appears that Seiko's are the best watches in their respective price range, and then Rolex are the best in their respective price range, but after that, what is the best watch for the price range after Rolex?

>backpedaling reaches intense levels

>Do you dive?
I'm underwater right now

>so from concensus in this thread it appears that Seiko's are the best watches in their respective price range,

Especially the SNE437

This particular watch was a gift. Given it was from an AD, I would guess it's purchase price is right around 3k.

>3k

jesus christ I hope you're joking, that watch is a clear fake, lets hope whomever bought you that fake didnt pay more than $100 for it

>implying anyone makes fake seikos

I wrote this blog a while back, please educated yourself and ask me if you have any questions..

survivevancouver.blogspot.ca/2010/04/spotting-feikos.html

If it's a fake spring drive that's amazing. Movement side sure doesn't look fake though.

I have a fake SKX007 I wear to impress people of higher status

>blogspot

>tfw new watch is out for delivery

mfw waiting for my watch to be delviered