Headphones

I have the Sennheiser HD 558. It has a TRS connector. I have no audio interface, so I bought a TRS to 3.5 mm jack. My sound card is really good, so do I really need an audio interface? Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00KAKBHKM
youtube.com/watch?v=-MvN-FI5I8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What? A 3.5mm jack is also be a TRS connector, or at least, it can be.

>audio interface

excuse my autism. i don't know what i've got here, but to me, this is what i see: big boy that goes into my guitar amp goes into small boy that can connect into my pc.

Look at the connector and think for a moment. It's exactly the same thing but bigger.

HD 558 isn't going to need a fancy interface, nor will it need a powerful amp/dac

When you're ready for HD600's, then you'll want to upgrade your system.

so im getting shitty audio quality? i really feel like these headphones are good. whats the difference between these and some super expensive ones?

A lot. Build quality, better drivers, better cable, better connectors, better everything.

>>
should i get that instead of a new monitor

Which do you want more? That's entirely up to you. Start making your own decisions in life, buy what you want when you're ready at the price you can afford.

Honestly if I already had decent cans I'd look into getting a pair of studio monitors.

Don't buy studio monitors unless you know what you're doing.

the fuck are you guys talking about

Google studio monitors, then never look at them again. Buy some really nice bookshelf speakers instead, unless you can afford Yamaha HS8

Be a real man and cut the cord and solder a proper meal 3.5mm jack if that what yor hardware demands... Adapters are a hack and get in the way after a while.

>studio monitors
i like headphones better than speakers

Like with all speakers, test before buy, the only difference between hifi and studio monitors is that hifi won't kill you when listening to shitty recordings. Many monitors are really enjoyable to listen to. I got HS7s myself.

Room acoustics and placement is equally important to both hifi speakers and studio monitors. What else is there to know?

>cutting and soldering
>instead of just buying one of these replacement cables
amazon.com/dp/B00KAKBHKM

>cutting and soldering
>instead of just doing this and using any 3.5mm cable
youtube.com/watch?v=-MvN-FI5I8c

Your ideas are silly.

whats the difference between what i have and the one on amazon? does quality change at all?

go back to the headphone thread faggot

>so im getting shitty audio quality?
No, HD558 are decent. There are better headphones around but if you are happy with those then no need to change. Using adapter should make no difference to sound quality.
You can power them out of your soundcard no problem, they are low impedance and highly sensitive, meaning they require little power from source.
If you really want to change go to audio shop and try some headphones and see what you like. Logical upgrade would be anything open AKG (k612/702/712/7xx) and HD600, but most of those headphones require amp so it's additional cost.

On my DT 770 headphones the big boy unscrews from the tip and there is a little boy inside of him.

Much like yaoi.

HD600/650 have pretty bad build quality though

The replacement cable terminates in a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, instead of the ¼in jack that the 558's normal cable comes with, which eliminates the need for an adapter. Other than that, it's just a standard audio cable, won't be any better or worse than what you have.

are there decent headphones for 30$???
Studio monitor level as I'm not a pleb but alas, poor

Better than 558