Tfw pursuing a degree in CS

>Tfw pursuing a degree in CS
>I have this friend
>He has 0 technicals skills in programming and other areas
>He has good social skills and a cool smile
>He got a programming job at one of the most valuable companies arround the area
>Me
>Good technical skills in programming and other CS stuff
>Low social skills and never smile
>Can't get a fucking job anywhere

Feelsbadman.

git gud frog poster

If you're a complete autist, then you're not a good fit. Remember that programming isn't sitting alone in the dark and hacking away, 40-50% of a programming job is coordinating your efforts with other developers.

act like a normie, little frog man

Your boss is going to have to interface with you regularly. Do you think he wants to be talking to a socially inept autist? Or would he rather hire someone who he can have a conversation with? Your buddy is probably a decent enough learner to get through a CS degree and he's got charisma. Get over yourself.

This shit is what boils my blood
People who actually know tech are treated like shit but bubbly normies are treated so well

It's like people just don't want progress to happen

>zero programming skills
Well that's not true now is it user? Be happy for your friend and stop being a sperg

this
envy is cancer and you won't do good unless you improve yourself instead of hating on people who do better than you

The hate is not unreasonable in this case, it's justified
The guy got outperformed by another person who supposedly had not many skills related to what the company supposedly was looking for.
It's like your girlfriend tells you she loves you for your personality, but fucks your neighbors despite his shit personality, it's that kind of bullshit

Freelance. You could grow a huge beard, not shower, use a loud keyboard, not interact with humans for weeks, make Bank. Win.

This is how it is. How the fuck do you not realize that people who are charming and attractive generally will have it easier relative to someone who is less so? There is ample social science research that proves this time and again. If you're so technically talented that means you're a good learner in theory. So go learn from your friend and have the best of both worlds. Or better yet get that asshole to get you a job and combine your powers.

You mean Vim.

I got started in programming pretty much the same way your friend did. The CEO of the company said, "You've got all the soft skills I want, and the hard skills I need can be taught." That's probably what's going on with your friend.

That said, he's in for a rude awakening if he doesnt git gud at programming pretty quickly. My first job was kind of a shit show because I had more enthusiasm than talent. My enthusiasm turned into talent after a while of doing it though.

I'd suggest looking at your friend's situation and figuring out what he did right so you can apply it to your situation. Swallow your pride and ask him for advice on how to get a job. He probably knows what he's talking about in that department.

Whining about it on an ethiopian shadow puppetry board isn't productive. Tearing your friend down isn't either. Learn from him and help him succeed at this job if you can. If he doesn't fuck this up, he's probably going places and will be able to help you even more in the future. This isn't a zero sum game.

You can always improve your self. Work on self confidence, align you body with your mind, try to become more social if that isn't your strong suit.

be transexual, they will have to hire you because of diversity points + perks of woman + protection from rape
bonus points of big dick; lowers your chance of getting raped

Ha. Actually good pun.

Just ask your friend if you can apply at his job and use him as a reference

You have a CONNECTION OP. You should be happy

Stop the shitposting.

>social skills
They're very easy to fake (even for autistic people, if they understand the importance of doing it) and people don't call you out on them as much as they call you out at bad other skills.

I'm sure there's no bias in your evaluation here either.

Yeah he probably doesn't have special social skills or a cool smile. But op is a fag.

>My enthusiasm turned into talent

That's not how talent works. You're either born with talent or you're not. That's in the very definition of the word.

The friend is probably fine. Like you said, you figured it out on the job, just like every other normal human being. OP needs to stop being jealous, move on with his life and improve himself if he wants to succeed.

If anything, this kind of posting and talking shit behind others backs shows how toxic OP would have been at the company.

Quit being a sperg and get over it.