pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YTkvr_EC2LA
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01HHTFSIK
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys?variant=36740706957
aliexpress.com/item/White-Black-Gray-Orange-Green-Yellow-Blank-Thick-PBT-OEM-Profile-62-Key-ISO-61-ANSI/32727885210.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.279.6YmHPv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for XDA Canvas delayed again.

Hi

Are the keyboards made by Cherry themselves good? I need a replacement for my Rosewill keyboard and don't want anything flashy

Nice keeb bro, but don't you think it has too many keys?

Went ahead and put the caps on my custom split board (minus the spacebars for which I'll need to bend a 3u costar stabilizer wire first), even though I haven't done any of the wiring yet. I just wanted to see what it looks like, and the answer was "pretty damn good" IMO

looking sweet, I'm expecting a lot of pictures once you're done.

How are you connecting the two halves?

I just bought a keyboard from China, it seems pretty cool, quite enjoying using it. The keyboard layout is American and I'm English, I can certainly live with it like this but I'd prefer a UK layout if it's not too expensive. Where do I purchase some different keycaps from? How do I know if what I'm getting is good? Also does anybody use wrist rests with their keyboard? The base is quite large so I think it might be necessary to stop me from developing RSI.

protip, stick with us layout, much easier to get keyboards and keycaps.

t. britbong

OK, I might well end up doing that. I feel like I might replace the keycaps on this keyboard anyway, don't like the look of them, I don't know how you describe this look but it's futuristic, techy I guess, and I'd rather have a minimalist or traditional kind of look.

Buy a varmilo ISO-UK keyboard from their EU distributor quickly before brexit happens

the UK layout is so much better though

>Budget
150 max, preferably under
>Location (continent at least)
Europe, east
>Preferred switch type
Blue
>Layout
don't mind either
>Form factor
80/60
>Backlight
no
>Previous/current keyboards
Rosewill RK-9000V2

I'm not buying another keyboard, I just bought this chink one and it feels nice to me. Never tried a mech keyboard and I'm really enjoying it, I'm sure there are better ones out there but I don't want to spoil myself yet. I'll use this for a while then I may upgrade in future.

indeed, but not easy to get keycaps for 'em, and when you can, it often costs more to get the ISO kit.

Thanks, yeah, I've been taking plenty of pictures which I'll probably just dump in a month or so when I get a chance to work on it some more.

I was originally planning to connect the halves with a 9-pin serial cable, but there wasn't enough vertical clearance for the connector, so I went back to a TRRS connector like ergodox usually uses. Fortunately, the TRRS cable options are more varied, lower-profile, and better looking than serial cables, but the serial cable would have been easier to solder and offered more pins.

Truly the best form

Can you tell me where I could get some just so I at least have an idea?

I seriously don't see the appeal of this layout compared to either a RS/TADA/etc 68 or a Magicforce/Varmilo 68

Does anyone here use a wrist rest? How do I shop for a good one?

Massdrop will give you a quick idea of how much it will cost

how are you handling it firmware-wise?

How do you live without an esc key?

There is no Esc! On the default layer that is

Get KBP or Leopold then.

Any opinions on IKBC keyboards?

Reminder that integrated numpads are shit and useless.

^

still butthurt that you got buttblasted?

?
I have not idea what you're talking about. I'm just spreading facts about keyboards.

suuureee

Do you have any opinions on mechanical keyboards or are you just going to post off-topic shit?

what are the cheapest mechanical keyboard right now

im currently using a qfr blue tenkeyless that i bought for like 60 dollars 4 years ago
>theyre all 100+ now

god damn esports

>post off-topic shit?
The irony here.

>84 layout
>Detachable cable
>Gateron Switches
>60 usd
>POM keycaps
Wtf is the catch here?

I wish someone would buttblast me

There are several $15 mechanical keyboards, but most are in the 30-40 dollar range

horrendous keychatter problems. There's a reason why that keyboard lets you change debounce times

How much girth can you handle?

Complete newfag here.
I want to remove the casing on my qisan, but the cable is in the way. How do I remove it? I fear I will just break it if I just pull on it.

Break the cable and reattach later.

Cables just hold you back, remove it so you can be wireless.

Nice memes but I wonder how it was even assembled?
I guess I'll try to find an opening on the top but I don't have the time right now and you faggots aren't helping.

bezel

I was only half joking. What other option do you have? Do you care about the casing? You could probably find a way to break the casing and remove that without damaging the keyboard itself.

how are Max-keyboards keycaps? seems too cheap to be true

Supposedly it doesn't work in BIOS and shit because of USB fuckery to reach NKRO.

Whelp I bought it so I will see how it goes. Apparently it is bezel, but uses costar stabilizers so it is not much of a big deal for me.
The newer models (according to geekhack) don't use the realkey tech so it fixed the problem.

Wish me luck user.

>The newer models (according to geekhack) don't use the realkey tech so it fixed the problem.
Fair enough, the only reports I saw of that problem were pretty old. I hope it's good user.

They are extremely standard. Not thick, but ok keycaps. I would personally go with npkc t b h.

youtu.be/YTkvr_EC2LA

Where can I get a keyboard like pic related?

I bought a Topre 87u 55g.

Honestly? It actually feels nice but louder than I expected.

Amazon

what keyboard is that user?

Hmm looks nice
Anything cheaper

amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01HHTFSIK

yeah the cherry g80 boards

Any cons to it?

Yeah 0 features. The old ones had the best double shot ABS keycaps ever made, but they got rid of them to bring the price down to 50 bucks.

Getting mine in a few days.

So its stock standard keyboard
Could I replace the keycaps? the Caps key looks weird

ikbc f108 or tada68?
don't care about the rgb lights, just overall quality

>tada68
>ikbcf108
>comparing full size vs 65%

tada68, because integrated numpads are shit.

what's the problem ? I can use whichever and don't have preference for either, just wanna buy the better board since I won't be getting a new one for a good 5 years.

Looks nice. I like the subdued colors. Very clean.

I have a Cherry MX-Board 3.0 with Red Switches.

Of course user, now that you have bought it people will mention all the lubing and silencing mods you have to do to get the true authentic topre experience.

dumbest spacebar in the world

I have one and can confirm it does work in BIOS

KBParadise V80 or Filco Majestouch-2?
These are my options. I'm going to switch the keycaps almost asap.

V80

Yeah. It uses a standard layout so replacements aren't hard to find. The one nice thing about it is that since its so basic repairing it is extremely easy. You can even open the switches without having to desolder the keyboard

Filco is a classic that everyone swears their life on, and for whatever reason, I only see complaints about KBParadise keyboards (probably because of the bottom-mounted LEDs interfering with switches).

It honestly comes down to whether you want LEDs or not.

Basically only benefit is that they cable is detachable and doesn't have a big branding name on the front. I think I like the Filco case more overall tho.
I don't want LEDs.
It comes down to the case design and the shade of black because the V80 I can get is the Vintage and I don't think that's all the way black.

Oops, I lied, the V60 has bottom-mounted LEDs, the V80 is fine.

The tai-hao keycaps are pretty meh tier, but they are better then the filco ones.

If you want a removable cable for whatever reason, I understand, but the Filco has so much third-party support, you can get whatever case and cable you want for it. I think there are even bluetooth mods you can get for it too.

And don't waste money on shit keycaps, you'll be like the rest of us here wishing they didn't spend $40 on shit caps, and instead went right straight to something like EnjoyPBT for $100.

Okay I'll go with the Filco Ninja then.
Thanks for the heads up on the EnjoyPBTs, already eying some blanks but they are 50$ for 109 on aliexpress, are they fake?

no, blanks should be cheaper. You're paying for the printing on the higher priced ones.

I got my fake caps on Ali and they feel and look fine, why are they considered so poor?

How do people set up their numpad layer on a 60%?

the coating on them ends up fading off and makes them look like shit. The other problem would also be things like misaligned legends and small inconsistencies in the printing

How do you know if you're picking good caps from ali lets say? All I want are blanks and I know to look for PBTs.

These are the ones I'm taking about. Look good?

look for keycaps made by gateron, npkc, or vortex if you want something cheap

EnjoyPBT in Cherry profile are some of the best you'll find.

kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys?variant=36740706957

just make sure they are cherry profile. most people prefer it over OEM.

>Order a Filco
>Discover the Varmilo

Well...shit.

>Budget 60 Pounds
>Location UK
>Preferred switch type - Black
>Layout ANSI
>Form factor full or TKL
>Backlight - Would be nice to have it
>Previous/current keyboards Laptop

Cherry OEM keyboards like the g80

Most keyboards only weigh about 1 or 3 pounds, my m80.

Is this thing usable as regular keyboard?

Really like the shape of keycaps.

it is, but that looks grimy as hell

Should I cancel the Filco?
This will look so slick with blank caps.

why stop there. Why not get the bluetooth version of that keyboard

Another classic, Massdrop I think has special ones too.

Also comes with a shit ton of third-party support. Either keyboard will be perfect; I personally think the Varmilo is a little better.

You should check out the Leopold too if you want to complicate things further.

This is fucked up.

Welcome to your new Autism, it only gets worse from here.

Will aliexpress.com/item/White-Black-Gray-Orange-Green-Yellow-Blank-Thick-PBT-OEM-Profile-62-Key-ISO-61-ANSI/32727885210.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.279.6YmHPv
fit on a pok3r?