/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Old thread Ask stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread here.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nogizhopaboroda/cmus-cover-art
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147123
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_drive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#Where_does_qBittorrent_save_its_settings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How is babby made?

The inside of my pc is really full because the cables that connect the PSU to everything have extra connectors added onto the end, but I don't use these and they just take up loads of space behind the fan.
I've tried a little by pulling but there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of the unused connectors without just cutting them off which I'd rather not do, is there something obvious I'm missing to disconnect them do you think? Should I just cut them off?

How do I delete System32?

With the eggo and the sprem

If your PSU isn't modular, then the cables are perma-attached, and none of it can be removed.

Any good cbr/cbz readers for windows?

Wrong!
You can open it up and de-solder the wires if you REALLY want to remove them. This is not recommended. Just get some fucking cable ties.

Yes, you CAN open up one of the few parts of a computer that can actually kill you, just to fuck with the cabling, but mentioning that kind of shit on this thread is ill advised. People here will try whatever bullshit happens across their synapses.

This is why I did not recommend it, besides, darwin is hungry.

The PSU is modular but those extra connectors do seem to be permanent, I can't really zip tie them out the way since there isn't much room to begin with and the path straight it from the PSU is right into the fan, think I'll just leave them

How do I find happiness?

leave Sup Forums
>ib4 you're here forever

>leave Sup Forums
are you talking about suicide

how do i keep my computer cool while playing my video games?

Can you actually upgrade the OS of an android phone without rooting?

I want to upgrade fom kitkat to something higher

yes, but only if the manufacturer provides an update (they usually don't, because they want you to buy a new phone instead). otherwise you have to root.

Has anyone gotten cmus + album art to work on MacOS? It is supposed work with iTerm, but the whole thing is pretty messy.

github.com/nogizhopaboroda/cmus-cover-art

Between

Blu-ray
Pendrives
External HD

What is the safest bet to store files today and don't mess with it until you find the need of them 10 years from now?

Accessing and flashing the bootloader should work without root. At least with Samsung.

None. Buy a tape drive.

Thanks. Here is your (you)

what VR headset can be used with samsung galaxy A3? I was about to buy gear VR, but apparently its not supported

Is there a product thats really good for cleaning monitors and getting the dust off? Or a way tk prevent it in the first place?

decent-quality optical media will last ten years. Chink shit stuff might or might not. Use something like parchive or dvdisaster to protect against bit rot though. Hard drives should easily retain data that long with no special consideration. Flash... eh, maybe.

But really if you're gonna store things that long you shouldn't leave them alone, you should regularly go back, test them, and if needed transfer them onto new media once every few years.

Move the PS4 away from it.

jam it in
turn it on

what is the fastest way to update a fresh windows 10 install?

Connect it to the internet.

If you make sure you install from a recent ISO, it shouldn't take to long to run regular update.

Is an intel i5-3470 3.2 ghz any good now a days?

It's good for browsing and shit. Ivy's getting a bit weak for gaming and intensive stuff. Best to go for the 3770k if you're sticking to that generation. Although ymmv

M-DISC. It carves into a rock-like substance, and burners are dirt cheap (seen some at Fry's for $10).

Also like to mention that it is a DVD with a different substrate, so it will read in any drive without any extra hassle.

I use Pledge Multi-surface. It'll clean anything. Safe for screens.

What's the worst that could happen if someone hacks my VPS? I don't care if they break it because I'm just fucking around with it to learn, but could it effect me or my home computer in any way if it happens?

if i connect my ps3 to my amp via av is the audio hd?

wat

Have you used it on a flatpanel screen that uses that plastic (or whatever the fuck it is) instead of glass? I use a similar chemical on my CRT but I'm too scared to use anything but water on my crap LED.

I'm on a budget and dont wanna get a new CPU.

Should i get a liquid cooling system and overclock the fuck out of my FX 6100?

Honestly it runs everything pretty allright, i'd like to crank it up from 3.3 to 4.4 - 4.6ghz

av cable bitch???????/ if i connect my amp to my ps3 with a red white yellow cable is the audio from the ps3 high quality fuck ass

How do I search for secure tripcodes?

are you 12?

in may

answer my question or i'll report you for being chinese and a pedo?????? nobody likes a chink

How much would you pay for an old 2012 13" Macbook Pro?

being chinese and/or a paedophile isn't against the rules, being 12 is.

Yeah, I use it on everything. Screens are one of the listed uses on the can (blue can). I think it's pretty much alcohol in a can. My screens always come out streak-free, and have not noticed any damage. But use it with a microfiber cloth. Anything else will probably scratch it.

And thank you for calling it a flat panel. Dipshits be like >muh flatscreen.

$200. People act like that shit doesn't age. Macs age like milk.

stop harassing me daddy

Dust Preventive I wish there was such a thing

I would suspect as much.
Thanks

Anyone?

well, i use mcomix on linux, and it has a windows version, though being a gtk/python program, might not fit well in windows

My Firefox makes a connection to my IP address every time i open it. Is this normal?

what is the best method for splitting a flac cue file.

CDisplay Ex

I heard it's full of bloat and malware now, I'm using comicrack now but it takes literal minutes to fire up and it shits the boat with some cbz files.

I found a 1tb hdd in the garbage about a year ago. Should I take any special precautions while plugging it in? Can I hotplug it?

>unzip/unrar
>open in windows photo viewer
I think Calibri has support too.

I know that the "Install Gentoo" thing is just a meme, but will I actually gain a decent amount of knowledge about computing if do it?

You'll definitely learn how hard drives work.

How can I make my drives I use on my windows os automount on debian?

is there a regularly updated list of bad windows 7 updates, or removal script?

Anyone got a guide on how to replace a t440 trackpad with a t450? I'd much rather have a written tutorial with good pictures than some guy talking for 20 minutes

I've had my Galaxy S4 for a couple years now but its only recently I've taken an interest in technology itself.

How do I uninstall all the shit it came with? The settings menu doesn't seem to provide me with an uninstal button.

just install lineageos on it
the official rom is pretty outdated at this point
i use lineageos on my S4, and it runs great, everything works fine, battery life is excellent
i don't use gapps, but it can be added (comes with none, you can pick and choose how much you want, from everything down to just the bare minimum needed for basic play store support)

anyone interested buying or know where to sell a brother gx6750

>FX 6100
>3.3 to 4.4 - 4.6ghz
kek

does anyone know a website where you rent cars from people instead of a shitty rent a car place

What is a good cloud storage service to hide my shit?

If I buy an SSHD, will relive/shadowplay start to write to the flash memory? With the amount it'd have to write per day, on a tiny 8gb flash, it'd wear out in a year or something.

SSHD are TRASH
just get an ssd

Why would I buy 2tb of SSD for storage?

When a mommy and daddy share a special hug.

You wouldnt, you would buy an hdd

sshd are trash hybrid shit

So im building a old PC to fix a xbox classic HDD + play old dos/old windows games and the gigabyte mother board Socket 370 GA-6WMMC7(pic related) says its microATX.

Would this 20 year old motherboard fit into a modern microATX case?

Thinking of this case
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147123

I know the case supplied usb ports probably wont have input on the mobo but id hope standards haven't changed in 20 years.

SSHD and HDD cost the same, you just don't seem to know what you're talking about.
Maybe you shouldn't be "answering" peoples questions.

Arent SSHD just better at caching data?
Which is why everything reads better because the contents are indexed or someshit like that?

I'm going to be reinstalling Debian on my seedbox without reformatting the disk (to retain the data). I'm currently running qBittorrent on it, but will reinstalling Debian and thus reinstalling qB get rid of the current torrents in the session? Or are they stored on disk somewhere where I can back them up?

You may want to associate your self with the terminology you are using.
SSHD:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_drive
SSD:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive
HDD:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive

A normie friend asked me to reset a macbook pro he got from someone.
That someone "forgot" his password.

How do I do this?

yes, it should fit
i don't see any usb headers on the board, which isn't very surprising for a board of that age
you can always get a pci usb card if you need more ports

doesn't really look like an ideal gaming mobo, as it has no AGP port

I have a pci radon 9250 which should do(might be overkill for pentium 3, I once played tf2 at low settings on this gpu) but it was win 98 drivers so what of it.

don't know a lot about macos, but it should be possible to reset/change user passwords via a root shell from within an installation environment terminal

I'm looking to get into servers, so I bought a cheap one on ebay.
I want to run a bunch of VMs for personal projects and self hosted nonsense....

What OS should I install on the bare metal?
- Gnu/Linux of some flavor
- Windows
- A hypevisor. (ESXi? Hyperv?)

anything on the system partition is up for grabs for the installer, dont risk it
/usr and other partitions shouldnt be touched tho

~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#Where_does_qBittorrent_save_its_settings
Wipe the disk.
You can get cases from china for as little as $8.

>bought
>server
Return it. Then get an old laptop.
OS should be debian stable, always debian stable for servers. Hypervisors are a meme, just run stuff under different accounts.

SSHD has a nand flash. Which it uses to store cached files... But, I don't know if it'll store shadowplay/relive.

They cost the same, or like 1-5% more expensive for SSHD.

Flash memory is used to cache frequently accessed parts such as OS and more, if you only write it once or twice nothing happens

The latch on my thinkpad x60 broke. What should I do?

did firefox ruin their fucking browser yesterday? i swear that i launched and restarted firefox and its been a lot fucking slower than usual, i checked task manager and nothing unusual other than origin hogging up memory. windows 7 disconnected from telemetry btw

I've got this lil' fella from a friend a while back.
Works fine, but can't connect it to a pc (cable costs shit, don't think I can reshape the 6pin shit to the usb protocol).
How feasible is it to get something running linux in this thing?
Like, opening it up, putting a rpi-alternative in it, and connecting the screen to the pi.

Do you download a torrent slower (in mb/s) if you're only requesting some files? Around 10% of the total file size.

Anybody knows why Eclipse UI glitches so much?

The XML editor is hard to read. The icon on the menu bar glitches to different theme after a while (black on white).

Yes

What's the good adblocker nowadays with the minimal amount of botnet?

I'm using Safari, and I previously had "uBlock". While it did the job, it also broke every fucking website I visited. I need a new one.

fuck