Firefox death hype

Who's excited to see the end of Mozilla?

The Firefox version that will kill 95% of all extensions is around the corner.

Only the insignificant percentage of the population that reads boards like this every day is aware that so much is going to be broken all of the sudden.

I can't wait to see the rage of the masses when that happens, and the mass migration towards the lowest common denominator Chrome (why use a clone like New Firefox TM instead of the original thing?) or Vivaldi (the only browser that still respects your intelligence).

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?tag=firefox57
wiki.mozilla.org/Standards
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7540
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

P A L E M O O N
A
L
E

M
O
O
N

Only 4 out of my 14 add-ons broke.

Of those 4, one is blender, which has been unmaintained for years (and thus rendered pretty much useless), one is Lazarus (unmaintained, and broken for about a year), one is refcontrol, and one is URLtoQRcode, which has a gorillion replacements.

Notable still working add-ons include classic theme restorer, downthemall, foxyproxy, betterprivacy, coincidence detector, greasemonkey, gtranslate (which is shit and I'll take suggestions for a better replacement), https everywhere, ublock and umatrix

How much marketshare will Firefox lose to Chrome? Place your bets everyone.
I'm thinking Chrome will rise to 70% at the very least. They might even get close to 80%.
It's going to be a hilarious day when everyone opens their Firefox browser and it "doesn't work anymore."

>Vivaldi
the red priest? though he was dead.

For certain, DownThemAll will break in the future. The current maintainer of the project has been hurling expletives at the Mozilla team for a while now because they won't provide APIs that will enable DTA to become a WebExtension.

>M
>O
>O
>N
You misspelled MEME.

>The Firefox version that will kill 95% of all extensions is around the corner.
What's the percentage of actually common/useful extensions that is going to be killed?

95% of extensions thah nobody uses and nobody maintains. Shame.

Mozilla needs to put their shit together. If that means breaking backward compatibility and dropping some ancients cpu architecture support... k. Just please will there be improvement, I don't want to be disappointed.

I've been using Nightly for years and none of my addons have broken, what the fuck are you people talking about?

3,170 / 24,037 are compatible for now
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?tag=firefox57

Classic Theme Restorer will break because the new API doesn't have the features to do massive UI overhauls, unless they added them recently.

Crashes and buggy on some sites.

So only around 13% of extensions are compatible.

Firefox 57 is right around the corner and 87 percent of extensions are not compatible. 87%. Firefox is kill.

Flashblock took the plunge

Im going to kill myself once vimperator stops working

>Vivaldi
I'd wish,
but this piece of shit browser has a habbit of hanging up when webpage load;
and it doesn't have lazy tab loading (Chromium problem in general) for SessionBuddy to work correctly with opening many tabs in one click like Firefox does.

>mfw I'm above all these Mozilla fuckups

Opera is the answer. Name 1 reason it's bad

How the fuck am I going to use rikaisama

/thread

chinese botnet

Nowadays it's just a shitty (still botnet) knock off of Chrome

Mozilla is much more than just the developer of Firefox. For starters, they're heavily involved and even help shape Internet standards [1, 2].

[1] wiki.mozilla.org/Standards
[2] tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7540

>>rendered useless
badum tssh

The only extensions normal users have are ad blockers and those will work fine. The only people that will rage are power users and guess what OP, nobody gives a fuck about power users. You're irrelevant.

KEEP YOUR MOTHER FUCKING HANDS OFF MY RIKAISAMA EXTENSION MOZILLA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What are we talking about?

XUL is being removed in favor of "webextensions" which is just Chrome extensions, but incompatible.

You will find that powerusers are the ONLY users that Firefox still has. The rest are on Chrome.

I'll just to qutebrowser and hope that Sup Forums x gets added to it

You guys have a lot to thank Mozilla for, and yet you all hate them for their browser, which is just the tip of the iceberg of what they do.

sjws should die

You obviously have a lot to learn about the Internet, its history, and its development.

Doesn't matter what you have done in the past when you have become cancer now. You have a lot of learn about reality. Fuck off mozilla dev. Your deserved death feels with me glee.

>kill 95% of all extensions
Normies will be told all the extensions no longer working are obsolete because it's all built-in now.

When normies notice it's not built-in (like blockers), they will be told the miss a setting... is doing something wrong... everyone else got it working... until they get used eating dog food.

For Mozilla this is business.
Mozilla doesn't put out a new browser every month because they fix security holes (they don't fix any of those).
Mozilla sells "code-addtions" to companies. (Pay and we put it in.)
If extensions can add code, or circumvennt added code, companies are less likely to splurge big to get that nifty code thingy into the next months update.

With all the browser shit happening, maybe one of the community made browsers in the future will get enough support to become useful?

For how long are ESR releases maintained? What is the last "good" ESR version?

2-4%, and more than half of this before it updates.

Haters gonna hate. And you still only hate them for their browser. I'm not even a Mozilla developer, yet even I realise their browser is but a small fraction of the actual work they do, as a community.

Please educate yourself and just move to a different browser if you don't like Firefox, it's embarrassing.

MOOOZZILLLAAAAAAA

Vimperator already doesn't work in my Firefox for Developers

Tried out Firefox for the first time in a while because I was getting sick of Chrome.

Is there any good browsers anymore? Pale Moon seems like a meme, Brave seems really early in development, Chrome has Google shit all over it that sometimes really gets in the way, Opera is Opera.

What's even a solid choice anymore?

I'll probably switch to Ungoogled Chromium if new FF breaks all my shit.

Ever since updated to 54 my browser just starts locking up like a mother fucker a few minutes after using it but then returns back to normal. Is anyone else having this problem?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE