/hdg/ Harddrive Domino General - Seagate 3GB edition

7 drive domino. Will the rest fall if I push the refurbished Seagate 3TB in front that came Dead On Arrival back from "repair"?

Other urls found in this thread:

backblaze.com/blog/3tb-hard-drive-failure/
guru3d.com/news-story/seagate-3tb-hdds-has-huge-failure-rates.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This powerful piece of technology with an Athlon 3000 has two working 80 GB IDE harddrives.

9 drive domino????

Free the drives !!!

Freeing the 80 GB HDDs for domino purposes and replacing them with a working 500 GB IDE and a working Western Digital 250 GB from 2003 that I had lying around for some reason actually upgrades the powerful Athlon 3000 making it even better!!!

9 drive domino is ready to be pushed into action.

>seagate
Hard to imagine people fall for this meme in 2017

I bought several ST3000DM001 drives around 2014/2015 (not entirely sure) and this is why the domino has 3 of these defective garbage Seagate drives. As I stated, I sent the first that failed back under warranty and got a dead on arrival "repaired" drive back. I didn't bother to send them more failed drives after that.

For those who are not aware, this particular Seagate model has a failure rate of 40+%.

backblaze.com/blog/3tb-hard-drive-failure/
guru3d.com/news-story/seagate-3tb-hdds-has-huge-failure-rates.html

Somewhat related, what's a fine ffmpeg command to output a Sup Forums-accepted / compatible .webm file? I've never actually made a webm video for Sup Forums before. I assume it's in the fine man(ual) but if someone has a paste handy then that would be nice.

THERE IT GOES

Go for a circular?

Do it faggot

DO IT NOW!

It's done. Now what?

have the last one crush something

make a tower

Best thread on Sup Forums right now

Crush.. what? I'm thinking I can make a domino on top of a case and have the last one fall down and smash something.. but what?

Ok

I just couldn't resist.

>not flying a plane into it

This is the best thread I have ever come across in my entire life.

crush some fruit or small insects

WAIT. You're this guy! The carpet matches and everything!

during my xbox modding days i had around 40 useless 5-8gb drives in a cupboard. imagine the glorious dominoes i could've had

replica stonehenge

Play Jenga with it

This.

>stonehenge
That looks kind of pointless? It's .. possible but it looks rather dull.

OH SHIT THE'RE ON TO ME

>Play Jenga
Had to look this Jenga thing up,

>Players take turns removing one block at a time from a tower constructed of 54 blocks. Each block removed is then placed on top of the tower, creating a progressively taller and unstable structure

That sounds like a lot of fun but I only have 9 harddrives that I'm willing to play with...