i9-7900X:
1.2 V
4.6 Ghz OC
402 fucking watts
high temps
402 FUCKING WATTS

WAIT FOR THREADRIPPER

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/06/23/even-more-performance-updates-for-ryzen-customers
fortune.com/2017/06/21/amd-epyc-intel-servers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Friendly reminder that zen is more power efficient than Intel because they can't oc for shit.

t. Ryzen owner

it's the other way around. it can't OC for shit because it's made with a power efficient process.

Yeah, that's not right at all.

This is the right answer.

tooth paste for tim will do that

t. owner of one of the last good soldered intel chips

And Intel can't OC without one of these hooked up to it.

Can't run stock with out that or else it throttles.

No you can run stock with a decent AIO c'mon

Intel fucked up real fucking hard this time.
Ryzen is fucking miles better.

You literally can't.

>As mentioned, we had to use Alphacool's Eiszeit Chiller 2000 to achieve usable overclocking results. More conventional thermal solutions just wouldn't cut it. All-in-ones like Corsair's H100i and Enermax's LiqTech 240 hit their limits at stock frequencies under Prime95.

It thermal throttles at stock speeds with an AIO and a 240mm radiator. A custom loop is required for mild overclocking, and an exotic cooling solution for 4.6GHz or more.

they got a bad chip, it was confirm

>cpu provided by intel
>handpicked
>bad chip
Who comfirmed? HAHAHA.

Hahahahaha

They sure did.

If he's still holding the chip. What's on fire? Is that a replacement from Intel?

That's just the heatspreader and a green piece of cardboard. He performed his mandatory delidding before installing the chip.

At least Intel lets you delid your chip.

Why does AMD hate powerusers like myself so much?

I don't know why Intel did this, they could have lowered the clocks a bit and escaped the bad press, the performance would still be okay.

>At least Intel lets you delid your chip.
>lets you

So you're saying Intel gave him a bad chip ON PURPOSE?

HAHAHAHA!

That or the golden chips are still terrible.

9d chess

MOAR GIGAHERTZ

>400 watts at 4.6GHz on the 10 core

name 1 (one) reason for me not to buy a ryzen. ryzen beats i7 in games, productivity, and price. it will keep getting better for games once developers start utilizing more threads, as in all benchmarks ryzen threads are only at around 70% capacity and still match or beat i7.

1kw for the 18c.

GREAT SCOTT
1 KILOWATT

Not even mad anymore, I'm just impressed.

chicks digg intel

1kW of PURE PERFORMANCE AND POWER

Source?

Gotta love that video thumbnail, too.

where is the 18 core Intel CPU? I thought Core i9 X-series was launched a couple of days ago?

Paper launch but in the "We haven't developed the CPU yet and it may need a new motherboard" way.

Won't see that shit until later this year, if at all. And like said, it might need an X299v2 socket to handle the increased power draw. lol

If you're delidding, you're not a power user. Until X299, no power user targetted chip ever used thermal goo. Only consumer crap did.

you owned a non jewed non K varient intel i7 920????

I owned an i7-920 and currently am on a i7-2600K. I regret selling the i7-920 ..

>i7-2600K
>last good jewtel
it is not.
as you can see by the ridiculously overpriced garbage it is.
at the expense of locking other chips multiplier..

surprised a tech forum has this many users who are OK with a company gimping their product just to charge a premium for unlocked multipliers.. such shitty marketing practises. so fucking anti consumerist it hurts.

>charge a premium for unlocked multipliers
>what is Black Edition

>Tech forum
You need to go fucking back, you don't even know where you are.

I said I regretted selling it. lol

top kek

That's the HCC die you're talking about. Won't be coming out yet for quite a while, at which time Threadripper will already be out literally wiping the floor with it.

I too am sad I got off the X58 platform this early as well. It's an upgrade, but not enough considering the nine year difference.

all talking out of your asses

18-core i9 in october, will work on all x299 boards out now

The only way ALL X299 boards will support the house fire creating 18 core chip is if they all decide they'll ONLY make high-end boards that nobody would buy for quad core Kaby Lake-X chips.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>18 core Intel CPU

i just wanna share with you the results of the upcoming ryzen AGESA

NO, RYZEN IS DOA

mark my words AMD is going bankrupt
>mfw this was Sup Forums just one year ago

30 fps more than a 7700k in just one agesa update

where is your 4core god now bitchies

Titan X in the benchmark.

It runs 4.9ghz with decent temps with one of these. Mind you this thing is at least 4x as big as the Corsair H110i

Bait but ill bite.
What kind of poweruser has no fucking idea that there is no point of deliding a soldered cpu?
Kill yourself.

>a kilowatt
Source? How is this even possible?

>they got a bad chip
So it is actually what customers can expect then.

Why? Big leap from my i5 750 to my i7 2600k. Got USB3 'n shiet as well.

Sauce?

I'm fairly certain Der Bauer did manage to delid a Ryzen chip, clean up the solder and apply liquid metal.
Nothing happened.

community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/06/23/even-more-performance-updates-for-ryzen-customers

yeap he managed to reduce only 4-5c maximum

helps that amd is using indium as a paste

tyvm
I'll have a ganders

>you can run stock with a decent AIO
needing an aio for stock operation, what a time to be alive

That's not an agesa update

that's just helping developers update their software for ryzen

Which is just showing that the only reason intel has any advantage at all is entirely due to the software involved. As soon as you start properly optimizing for ryzen, it blows the fuck out of the intel CPU's.

Which means every game and program out there could be seeing 20-30% performance increases if they just optimize for ryzen.

It's great that AMD is bankrolling some of these updates. It helps make it clear to everyone that ryzen's got a lot more unlocked potential than people realize.

im not him
i just provided cause took it from /r/amd

Even if they did get a bad silicon, intel certainly would push those chips out in the market. And I can tell as I own a i7 6700k with svid fluctuating from 1.316V up to 1.375V stock fucking speeds. I am not going back to intel for that reason. Cheaping out on manufacturing and pushing bad parts out into the market in order to maximize profits. Fuck the Jews summer temps here are 35-40C I had to undervolt in order to get normal temps while gaming and that shit is not stable at some workloads but I can't set the votlage higher due to jizz paste making cpu run like a cremation oven.

>svid fluctuating from 1.316V up to 1.375V stock fucking speeds
Is that not just because you're letting the motherboard do everything for you?
YT: watch?v=mBEeXajbG2o

This is it.

They're running out of arguments. Resulting to non-points and fake news.

Thats why I undervolted. Running at 1.25 volts vcore runs like 75C at cinabench 28 ambient temps turbo cpu fan profile using a H5 ultimate and all case fans ramping up after 60C. Thanks for the video though

>H5 ultimate

you know you are fucked up when even fortune is teasing you
fortune.com/2017/06/21/amd-epyc-intel-servers/

>turn on your i9 computer
>it flies away

Daily reminder that i9-7900X sips compared to thread burner, rumour is it guzzles up 1kw and will need a whole new class of 2-3kw PSUs to run it.

Dude 64core EPYC 2S system only managed to sip ~500w under GROMACS AVX load.

>The AMD EPYC platform is still seeing major updates to BIOS for power and performance which is why we are calling these preliminary results. At the same time, we are already seeing some impressive figures.

Too soon to say anything.
Though personally I'd really want to see load under normal x86 and not SIMD

I hear its closer to 5000 watt

b-but AMD's 64 cores are equivalent to 12 intel cores so it's ok trust us and please buy our chips

Yes, goy! Buy our Skylake-EP Xeons! The most scalable! The best!

They have biggest bingbus. Clearly best CPU

is this true or
is this true?

which one is eating up an entire fucking kilowatt? whos the shill?

A good guess would be neither

i would certainly think so normally, but with how terrible the 10 core is im not so sure

Even if you slapped two 1700 dies on there it'd still only come out to 130 watts. And I'm sure they can do better than that.

The 18 core model is either going to have anemic clockspeeds to fit within the power limitations of X299's other CPUs, or you'll have an X299v2 motherboard that can handle the higher wattage.

>rumour is

did you start that rumor yourself friend?

>that's just helping developers update their software for ryzen
Not really, according to the sauce article, the only thing they did was optimize further for higher core counts, not optimize specifically for Ryzen. Higher-core-count Intel processors should benefit just as much from these changes.

A binned chip of higher quality.

A factory silicon lottery.

>giving Anandtech a bad chip
>fucking Anandtech
You're a special kind of stupid.

Threadripper will also consume like crazy when OCed. But it should be way easier to cool given it is soldered and it has two chips that are somewhat apart each other under a big heatspreader.

So can you.

You're also talking 10 cores vs 16 cores, prob. see Cinebrunch scores in the 3100-3200 range at stock and 3400 OCed.

340-380W @3.9ghz

Maybe "chicks" that used to be autistic Sup Forums muchachos.
True - the flipside is that there is not a short supply there, it seems.

>what is Black Edition
Every FX in the lineup? Every Ryzen in lineup?

Even with APUs, it was msot of SKUs - the K was standard, only low-TDP EE types had it locked.

Yeah, I'm not overclocking a 16 core no matter how much you try to convince me double the power usage for 10% more performance is worth it, good thing it doesn't end there, I'd also need a water cooler and a overpriced mobo

Kinda desperate. 1/10 try less obviously if trollolo

Intel's recent moves into assisting geological surveys seemingly has started to pay off.

INTEL IS FINISHED