Yo

Yo.

Linux user here. Considering building a gaming PC with Windows 7 because I'm really excited for a couple of titles slated for 2018.

What's the best pirate version of Windows 7? Way back in the XP days, there were lots of isos that came with prepatched software like office and shit, the system configured to fix security issues, and whatnot. I'm assuming there's something similar for 7, so, what should I go with?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11060926/Windows_Loader_v2_2_2_by_Daz
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/05/17/simplifying-updates-for-windows-7-and-8-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Official ISO plus Windows loader by daz I would not dare use anything else.
Windows loader can be hard to find now a days sadly

Thanks.

Assuming you're recommending 677332, right?

There appear to be a boatload of copies in tpb with good comments. This one is at the top, for example:
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11060926/Windows_Loader_v2_2_2_by_Daz

It's probably legit, not that we have a choice to get it from MDL forums where it officially was

>I'm really excited for a couple of titles slated for 2018
>Windows 7
lmao

DBFZ, for example.

>There appear to be a boatload of copies in tpb with good comments. This one is at the top, for example:
>thepiratebay.org/torrent/11060926/Windows_Loader_v2_2_2_by_Daz
4bd81c9565e924a539cf2cd05be3c010 *Read me.txt
323c0fd51071400b51eedb1be90a8188 *Windows Loader.exe
3ba4950bcf43b1c7b714a1d93b57ea86 *Keys.ini

Good luck!

>Google search for "pastebin windows 7 mak"
>official Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise ISO verified by checksum
>you're done

That's all it takes, seriously. No hacks, no cracks, no loaders, no BS necessary.

should I get ultimate or 7

>all of these fucking retards in this thread with malware on their PC

Anyone telling you to download an operating system from TPB is a fucking moron, and especially a "windows loader". The real Daz Loader was on the My Digital Life forums, where Daz actually posts.

If you want Windows 7 just download the official ISO from microsoft and activate with Windows Toolkit from My Digital Life. It uses a different activation method than Daz loader but it works. If you'd rather not run any sort of loader on your w7 install then just buy a Windows 7 Ultimate key from Kinguin for like 25$.

Huh? Get Ultimate. They are technically all the same exact OS install but they have a handful of conf files and registry entries that artificially limit the OS's ability to use RAM and certain features.

Ultimate and Enterprise are both unshackled though. Neither run any extra processes or services so there's no reason not to get one of these.

>especially a "windows loader". The real Daz Loader was on the My Digital Life forums, where Daz actually posts.
Down for a long time, plus you need an account to view the now-dead link.

>from TPB is a fucking moron
That's what the hash in this thread is for, dumb fucking curry nigger.

>Windows Toolkit
Who gives a fuck. That shit wastes CPU cycles every 30 days. It's only good for Enterprise and Windows 8+.

I meat ult and pro
okay, I go*gled it and got your answer

Or use W10, with DirectX 11 and better support for future games. Seriously, W7 is two and a half years away from EOL. Then you can use loonix for basic shit and boot W10 for games. You'd be crippling yourself otherwise.

remember to get enterprise ltsb to avoid all the cruft

Yep

>offer people a hack/crack/loader proof way to get Windows 7 Pro/Enterprise (Ultimate offers nothing of any use over these two versions) using a MAK that will basically last forever
>idiots still keep recommending hacks/cracks/loaders
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

Win7 and dx12 is brutal

I'll add that if you're concerned about the Start menu, use Classic Shell or drop $5 on the it-just-works Start10.

what

I forgot that we were at DX12 now
>so poor that I know this shit so other people pay me to put together their gaymur pc
>newest computer I own is 7.5 year old memepad T410

If you do a simple Google search for a Windows 7 MAK (Multiple Activation Key is what was once known as a Volume Licensing Key) you can find them rather easily. Get Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise which both accept the MAK (Ultimate doesn't because it has different licensing and again it offers nothing that anybody gives a shit about over Pro or Enterprise, Enterprise IS Ultimate with volume licensing if you must have it) and use the MAK to activate it and bam, you're fucking done.

No hacks, no cracks, no god damned bullshit loaders necessary, an actual "legit" activation done in a few seconds without fucking around with the code or having to use something someone else made. Yes Daz does a good job with the loader over the years but honestly it's just not required and it's still a risk to use whereas an actual MAK works without fucking around with the bullshit.

I swear, some of you people, you think using the hacks/cracks/loaders gives you some emotional boost in "getting one over on Microsoft" or something, seriously. There are some of you that, if Microsoft called you and said "We know you've been pirating our OS for years, here, have a legit key so you'll stop being stupid" those people would say "Fuck you, I'll keep using the hacks/cracks/loaders..." because of course they're fucking stupid.

That's basically what a MAK is: a free key from Microsoft (that you find someplace, of course).

MAKs are plentiful if you're paying attention, I just found 17 of 'em and they all have a minimum of 4200 activations left as verified with the Volume Activation Management Tool v2.0 from Microsoft so I'm good for another decade of installs if I want.

mind posting one if theyre so plentiful

After performing a fresh Windows 7 install, what's the best way to fully update (minus telemetry) w/o having to rely on the cancer that is Windows update? I've heard there are third party solutions.

see what games are you excited for

Stick to Windows Update. Microsoft has started doing roll-ups so updates are significantly faster. It will also handle prereqs which are a guessing game and time sink.

Ah alright. What about the telemetry updates, how are those handled? can you remove them after fully updating? Thank you.

Grow up and get Windows 10.

That's the nigger version of Win 10, if it isn't LTSB N, then you shouldnt bother.

Telemetry updates? I think the only telemetry in W7 is the error reporter, easily disabled.

7 and 8.1 had some new updates around the time 10 came out that brought in more telemetry bullshit. They are more easy to disable than it is on 10.

Ultimate, Pro, or Enterprise 7.
Activate using windows loader. Get it from mydigitallife. Make sure the SSD is formatted as MBR and not GPT partition.

If you're going to this much trouble just go to 10 and .

10's telemetry is harder to disable even on LTSB. You have to go through registry files, GPEdit, and other shit to disable it and that's if M$ even decides to honor those settings. On 7 and 8.1 you just mainly uninstall a few updates.

I don't know how telemetry is handled. If it is a critical or recommended update then it's probably bundled in the monthly roll-ups.

Might be able to find an uninstaller online?

I don't think you can select what updates to install on 10 like you can on 7-8.1.

All right, looked up some info, let me get my spoon.

Telemetry is offered as an optional update. This means that it shouldn't be in the roll-ups or other updates. If you find KB3075249, KB3080149 and/or KB3068708 in your system uninstall them. That's all it takes, and that info was available in the first search result I got.

So then crit only updates should be the default setting on 7 and 8.1.

But yeah, you can't do the same on 10, it's built in.

Yeah, WU defaults to critical by default, but you should be updating manually after a clean install anyway instead of relying on slow-ass automatic updates. You might need to take a look at recommended updates to find the updates that allow you to use roll-ups. Can't stress that enough, you will save hours and possible breakage if you go straight for roll-ups.

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/05/17/simplifying-updates-for-windows-7-and-8-1/

There's still a few bits of telemetry built in to Windows 7 that you can disable (Customer Experience Improvement Program, Diagnostics Tracking Service, and the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.)

Protip: the LTSB Enterprise edition isn't nearly as safe as people mistakenly think it is, yes you can alter some aspects of the telemetry but you can never turn it off completely, every security researcher that's looked into this has plenty of evidence showing it cannot ever be totally disabled like so many of you idiots think it can.

You're better off with Windows 7 and no additional telemetry related updates installed and the CEIP stuff deleted - not just disabled but deleted.

STOP DISABLING SHIT AND DELETE IT FOREVER INSTEAD.

Just get Windows 10 for it if it's only going to be a gaming pc. That way you can avoid any extra fiddling caused by Microsoft actively trying to lock Windows 7 out of new CPUs, and you'll be able to use dx12.

It's not worth their resources to continue updating an OS 2.5 years away from EOL. It's not like it was a surprise, any OS in Extended Support phase isn't likely to be updated to support bleeding-edge hardware, and that's fine. You get a lot of other technologies, like DX12 that need to recoup development costs, and it actually improves the experience. Why bother building a Ryzen/i9 system and crippling it with DX10/11?

The thing about unauthorised copies is that you can't trust the copy. There could be plenty of rootkits or other crap in them you may never know about.

Just buy a legal copy from a reputable source, or move to an OS that actually respects your privacy and security.

>The thing about unauthorised copies is that you can't trust the copy.
This is how I know you're a retard. You can download official isos from Microsoft, faget.

Read my post again. That's a reputable source, not a source of unauthorised copies.

Nice try dodging your own post.
You don't need to buy the isos to begin with.

I referred back to my post, that's not dodging.

Microsoft's software isn't free, you pay for a licence to use the software.

>he doesn't understand the concept that Windows is licensed, not sold

Semantics, their business model is based on the age old heroine model. First M$ give you a free sample to get you addicted and then they expect you to pay for a licence, just like anyone else.

Buy a PS4.

And back to with you.

>pirating an OS

lol no user just don't do it. See if there's any way you can get a license for free, my university provides educational licenses for windows 10 and that's what I use.

annoyingly my uni stopped doing it. i had my doubts about not having a legit licence, but i got cucked out of an OEM licence a month or so ago, so instead of paying out the ass i downloaded W7 PRO SP1 iso and used daz loader. silky smooth. made me wonder why i hadn't done that sooner. at the same time i'm transitioning to Linux, hopefully for the better.

>pastebin windows 7 mak
Really, and why is it on Google. Google will probably delete these links. Or even the pastebin guy.

My dude, don't bother with Windows 7. Go for Windows 10 and just disable all the crap that M$ adds in there.

Windows 10 as an OS is superior to Windows 7. Plain fact.

>hfw all the online tutorials to disable telemetry are just placebos
>hfw when thinking he can disable the telemetry

Fact: it doesn't matter what you do, because there is always a record of who you are and what you do. NSA knows all, BS telemetry be damned.

stop shilling winblows 10 you goy

>Windows 10 as an OS is superior to Windows 7.
Idiot! Your "facts" are MS ads. Why are you posting in tech when you're fucking clueless?
Why not troll on a board where someone doesn't instantly realize you're a waste of oxygen?

>Direct X 11
>Supports new CPU types
>Not superior

>spends thousands of dollars on gaymen pc
>pirates $100 OS
just buy the OS nigger.

>Direct X 11
Already supported on Win 7 and 8.1
>Supports new CPU types
7 and 8.1 already do this with a patch
>Superior
No

>Recommending Windows 10 instead of 7.
You guys are the cancer that's killing Sup Forums.

>windows 7 for a gaming machine
Nah, fuck off dumbass.

What exactly is wrong with it in that regard?

>Cortana is now embedded into important processes and services so you can't disable her.
Who's the dumbass now?