/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - All you really need for 60fps with power to spare; Don’t get an i5.
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz.
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>AMD GPUs are suffering a lack of stock and Nvidia a rise in price thanks to e-currency miners

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
>The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/fcTWsJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/9hmqf8
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nyHhXH
au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Q36BD3/seasonic-power-supply-s12g450
au.pcpartpicker.com/product/4mgPxr/corsair-memory-cmk8gx4m2b3000c15r
in.pcpartpicker.com/user/FawkesPhoenix/saved/CJmXLk
youtube.com/watch?v=mfrBYKd_qAs
youtube.com/watch?v=9wJQEHNYE7M
youtube.com/watch?v=GnA8BuTC44U
youtube.com/watch?v=qTu7ryfKO5E
youtube.com/watch?v=1cznxigESBo
pcpartpicker.com/list/P2LcvV
pcpartpicker.com/list/qHxfGf
knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Support-for-multi-core-processors-with-AutoCAD.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please check your RAM model with your Mobo QvL list, especially if you are going Ryzen. A model not on the list can cause plenty of issues with a build.

When will cryptocurrency crash? Would like to get a rx580 but they are sold out everywhere.

Crypto will not crash. What you can hope to happen is it becoming vulnerable to ASIC mining making GPU unviable.

What is the best choice at this moment? Buy a 1080ti or wait for Vega?

Depends on your patience.
Can you afford to wait for Vega if Vega turns out to be good for mining?

This needs a compatible RAM list for Ryzen.
CHECK YOUR FUCKING RAM TO SEE IF IT QUALIFIES ON THE MOBO YOU'RE USING FAGGOTS

>Crypto will not crash.

Why not? Won't it at least become unprofitable unless you're running a major setup with dozens upon dozens of machines?

Then they will move to the next hottest commodity. No one is mining bitcoin anymore but that didn't stop the mining craze did it?

Any good CPU under 250 buckerinos? My 6300HQ ain't cutting it anymore.

R5 1600
It's 199.99
See if you can pick it up bundled with a RX580, there's some on newegg like that, keeps the cryptominers at bay

I've got a Core 2 Quad Q6700. What level of gaming can I do with this? Should I upgrade?

Yes. Upgrade.

I have a GTX 780, AMD FX-6300, 8 GB ram and well, Battlefield 1 is the first game that runs very shitty on this build (45 fps on lowest in multiplayer).
I've been wondering if replacing only cpu for i5 7400 or equivalent would make much difference? Replacing my gpu is way above my budget for now, I got it almost for free from a friend.
I'm only aiming for 60-ish fps on high-ish settings in new games at 1080p.

I'm trying to make a CPU heavy build that can still run some games, after years of having a shit toaster laptop, but I don't know shit about hardware.

pcpartpicker.com/list/fcTWsJ

Is this any good?
Should I shell more money for a more future proof graphic card or is the 1050 Ti good enough?

I also don't have a screen, so I picked something random with 1080p and I hope it won't be garbage.

>would make much difference?
just see if your GPU is running at 100% or not, if it's not then the CPU is bottlenecking it

1050ti is good enough though an RX 570 isn't that much more expensive but massively better
That and a freesync screen would provide a great gaming experience even when the 570 becomes outdated so it would be a very lasting build in term of "running games from times to times but at great image quality still"

>RX 570
Alright, so maybe I'll go with that.
What's up with the huge variations in price on graphic cards tho?

For the same model there's a lot of different prices/frequencies, but can't I just buy the cheapest and overclock it or is there any other difference?

>What's up with the huge variations in price on graphic cards tho?
miners

Decent build and get the 1050Ti instead the Rx570. The later will be nearly impossible to find for a decent price because of fucking miners.

If you can throw in an extra ~$100, go for this: pcpartpicker.com/list/9hmqf8

Better in every way.

>any other difference?
component quality & the display ports that are on the cards
but getting the cheapest is often the best choice

Future gaming PC with no set budget, just trying to get a cheap rig with good performance I don't need anything crazy powerful, I'm okay with lowering settings. I'm gonna pick up a good mid-range GPU in the next couple months.

I just ordered the parts last night and I ended up getting a 1TB Western Digital instead of the SSD.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nyHhXH

Building this PC for my girlfriend. Anyone see any issues or any parts I can replace for the same performance/cheaper cost??

You probably don't need a PSU that big, this should save you $50 with exactly zero difference in performance: au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Q36BD3/seasonic-power-supply-s12g450

What's a good ATX case with good airflow? Currently using a Bitfenix Prodigy for my mITX build that I've had for years and want to upgrade to a high end build that uses a 1080 ti and i7 6700k or 7700k. I'm concerned about the airflow and lack of room for future parts if I stick with an mITX build.

i5 7400 is dogshit trash, mobo is overpriced meme garbage and H270 is not required. SSD is bad. MSI Armor has shit cooling and the PSU is ridiculously oversized.

Also if you're going to pay $100 for 2x4GB of memory, buy DDR4-3000 not DDR4-2133.
At 2133Mhz your CPU is going to be crippled, spending most of its time just waiting for the memory.

au.pcpartpicker.com/product/4mgPxr/corsair-memory-cmk8gx4m2b3000c15r

(I haven't checked if it's compatible, but given how much you're paying for the mobo it better be).

Best budget SSD?

>The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.
when will this meme end?

trash tier build. read the fucking op before posting
go for 1500x/1600 and b350 mobo.

>spending most of its time just waiting for the memory.
??? not only h270 doesn't support 3000mhz but what you just said is retarded.

The stock cooler is perfectly fine. The Wraith Sphire is rated for a TDP of 95W which is perfectly fine for stock usage, it's everything you'll ever need.
The fact that the cooler even allows for OC is great. What you see is the max OC of 3.9-4.0 that most Ryzen chips are able to achieve anyways.
If you OC to only 3.7 the cooler is still fine. Only people who really want to push the CPUs limit need a custom cooler, that's awesome.
Take a look at what Intel ships their CPUs with. That piece of shit makes i7 CPUs overheat at stock clocks.

they are basically indentical on stock clock though

when you end your life

Whats the disadvantage of setting up an orange pi with a monitor/mouse/kb to use as a desktop for web browsing and shit?

If you buy the cheapest crappy computer off of craigslist/ebay/whatever, it'll still be 50x faster than a Pi at everything.

>think up a build
>nah m8 let's wait you got exams you'd be tinkering with the new machine instead of studying
>a month passes
>a local equivalent of 100€ rise in GPU prices
>absolutely nothing is in stock

The fuck happened, Sup Forums? Where can I get a 580 or 1060 in Europe?

GTX 1060s are going out of stock now.

in.pcpartpicker.com/user/FawkesPhoenix/saved/CJmXLk

>inb4 pajeet build
>maybe i'll play a game on mid, maybe do some vid-editing, maybe run autocad, i don't know.

Do i need to make any major change?
can i order parts now?

nowhere.

>The fuck happened, Sup Forums?
cryptocurrency mining with a GPU is profitable again

specific usage because this seems like a huge waste of money so far

But what about the power saving $$$?

Absolutely retarded trash build.

>specific usage
like i said, if it fancies me maybe i'll torrent some racing game like NFS, then, maybe i'll go and do some 4k video editing, or maybe run autocad cause i'm an architecture graduate.

>a huge waste of money so far
yeah, i'm fine in that range, not too heavy on my pocket.

i like your REPLACEMENT SUGGESTIONS.

>REPLACEMENT SUGGESTIONS.
Read OP, Pajeet.

>Expensive mobo/CPU/RAM
>Good cooler
>Meh GPU
>7200 RPM spinning rust instead of SSD

Maybe scale down the CPU a bit so you can afford a SSD with the extra money, that'll make a real performance impact.

>4k editing
>Autocad
You'd seriously be better off with a R7 1700. Slap a AIO cooler or a pigfat heatsink on there and overclock that bitch to 3.95Ghz. You'll outrun a 7700k by a mile for essentially the same price. It'll also probably run cooler even with such a stretched OC.

>maybe games on med
then get ryzen
>maybe video editing
then get ryzen
>maybe autocad
then get ryzen

done, and now i need suggestions for improvement.

checked

>expensive
it is the bare minimum my heart wants, thankfully i have this much money to spare. also, this system is going to help my shitposting for at least 5 years.

>meh GPU
any suggestion? i can go higher.

>SSD
i am a complete noob when it comes to SSDs.
someone told me the read-write cycle of ssd is waaay below an hdd. basically, meaning that you can write waay more times on a hdd than on a ssd before ssd breaks down.
was he right?
if not then maybe i'll get an SSD over all this.

>ryzen
i'm sorry but amd just doesn't seem enticing to me.
the heart doesn't want what the heart doesn't want.

>G4650
>people still put i5 shit in their builds

>wants a computer to do 4k video editing and cad but still chooses 4 core gaymen CPU because muh intel
Kill yourself you dumb towel head

>done, and now i need suggestions for improvement.
>reads OP
>selects i7 regardless
You're either lying, blind, retarded or simply ignorant.
>i'm sorry but amd just doesn't seem enticing to me.
Well then enjoy paying essentially twice the price for half the performance, Pajeet.

>the heart doesn't want what the heart doesn't want.
Just leave already if you're here to get reassurance instead of actual advice.

Ryzen is THE most enticing CPU to come out in a decade. Something's wrong with you.
youtube.com/watch?v=mfrBYKd_qAs
youtube.com/watch?v=9wJQEHNYE7M
youtube.com/watch?v=GnA8BuTC44U
youtube.com/watch?v=qTu7ryfKO5E
youtube.com/watch?v=1cznxigESBo

>someone told me the read-write cycle of ssd is waaay below an hdd. basically, meaning that you can write waay more times on a hdd than on a ssd before ssd breaks down.
>was he right?
It was true at the start, but now even a mid-range SSD can handle 600000-900000 GB total writes over its lifetime, which is a Fuckton.

>the heart doesn't want what the heart doesn't want.
Yeah, you're clearly not thinking with your head.

If you're hellbent on a 7700k (which is fine, your money afterall) the only suggestion i could give is to spend the 10 bucks on a de-lid kit. It'll shave off an easy 10 degree Celsius off of the max temp.

at least you guys are good at shilling.

hmm, maybe i should check these vids out.

>600000-900000 GB total writes
how does it compare to an HDD? on par? much more? much less?

>Get G4650
>Game constantly drops to lower than 30 fps because 100% CPU usage
>Have to close every single thing running on the background because 100% CPU usage
I will never listen to Sup Forums again.

>at least you guys are good at shilling.
>t. shill
Now we know how you shitskin are able to buy technology. How much does Jewtel pay you, 0.001 rupee per poo post, Pajeet?
AMD shits on Intel, especially for what you want from your PC. Get over it.

I have a GTX 1070 and i need a CPU + mobo for gaming at 120fps.
I'm having trouble deciding between these 2 builds. I know the i7 gets more fps in games but i'm wondering if it's worth the extra 140$.
I will overclock.

pcpartpicker.com/list/P2LcvV
pcpartpicker.com/list/qHxfGf

>i am poor and have to buy a cheap bentium
>gee i wonder why it performs like shit
>blame everyone and everything
>lie to myself that me being poor is the problem

G4650 is fine

>how does it compare to an HDD? on par? much more? much less?
Your SSD will last about 10 years if you use it a lot, much more if you don't use it a lot. It will last more if you keep it cold.

A HDD can last up to 10 years if you're very lucky, if it doesn't get bad sectors, and ideally if you keep it almost always on but don't write very much.

>de-lid kit
i'm not that tech-savvy to attempt de-lidding.
maybe in a few years.

>I will never listen to Sup Forums again.
hence why i don't want to fall for all this ryzen shilling.

yeah, yeah, go poo in your pants.

>ignores honest criticism
>calls everyone shills
Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of Intel shill.
Ryzen is decent for gaming and destroys in multicore/multithread tasks like video editing and CAD design.
I give no fucks about which brand is which brand. AMD is the best performer for the money. Before Ryzen came out, I was considering an i5 build. Not anymore.

So is AMD no longer blunder of the century tier, or do they have a ways to climb back out of that pit?

They're back in the game.
Now if they do well with Threadripper and Naples in the server market, and if their transition to 7nm goes well, they could become the top dog in the coming years.

>yeah, yeah, go poo in your pants.
>pajeet doesn't know how to use toilett
>two only options are poo on street or in pants
Enjoy being ripped off by Intel kikes you retarded street shitter shitskin.

>SSD will last about 10 years if you use it a lot,
if 2 more people can concur with this, i'll buy an SSD

>AMD is the best performer for the money
look, maybe you are a genuine poster, and not a paid shill. but all this over-the-top shilling is only pushing people like me towards being wary of the sudden amd attempt at being relevant again.

>honest
yeah, no body knows you are a dog on the internet.

>if 2 more people can concur with this, i'll buy an SSD
You can also check the numbers yourself, fucking Google it.

>Autocad
>Ryzen

Bait

Ryzen has dogshit performance on every Autodesk product

Youtube some of the videos on de-lidding. The kit makes it essentially fool proof. You plunk the processor in there and tighten a screw until you hear a pop. After that the heatsink should just peel off revealing the cheap gunk intel decided to thermally glue it on with.

>I give no fucks about which brand is which brand
>spouts AMD shill guide price to performance meme

Nice try AMD shill.

I already replaced it with a 6700k
I just needed something to use temporarily, everyone shilled this piece of shit saying that it's good for everything and how it even BTFOs i5.

>ripped off by Intel kikes
>implying amd is above using online shills to push people into buying their products.

i knew all this shilling wasn't good.
tried and tested is better than new and claimed-to-be-best.

okay, i will.

please explain the pic.

I have gtx 1080 and 1440p 144hz gsync monitor.

Now, my 2500k is showing its age and I want to upgrade. The question is: 1600, 7700k or maybe used 4790k? I just play games and browse web.

CPU-wise, they're the best for the money.
GPU-wise... good luck getting your hands on one.
The Ryzen 7 8 cores have performance on par, or better, than Intel's Broadwell-E X99 i7 6900k chips. Except the Ryzen 7 chips are half the price at most with the 1800X, and less than a third at least with the 1700.
Meanwhile AMD's Ryzen 5 1600 and 1600C 6 core chips will battle head to head with Intel's much more expensive Broadwell-E 6800k, and even manages to take on Intel's 7700k.

It's not shilling you retard. It's actually good. Fuck off back to your syrian refugee camp sponsored by Intel.

Price to performance matters for the consumer you fucking retard.

>i knew all this shilling wasn't good.
>1 person who hasn't done any research agrees
>hurr all these shills are wrong
Holy shit. It's like talking to President Trump and trying to convince him all the conspiracy theories he believes aren't real.

The Ryzen 1600 is good enough that I would not recommend an i5

The 7700k is still da kangz and no shill will ever take that away

But if you're buying one for any Autodesk product (like Autocad, Maya, 3DSMax, Revit) you're making a giant colossal mistake

I also want to stream overwatch at 720p60fps while maintaining 120+fps in game

>Tom's Hardware
discarded
>The recommended an i3 7350k
That thing should not exist

Im switching to ryzen, but I'm a bit stuck on ram. I have little knowledge on ram clockspeeds. I am getting the 1700, also have no set mobo, although I would prefer a microATX
board.

>it does not fit my narrative so it does not matter
>the state of this AMD shill

I might be talking out of my ass here, but I think you might want an aftermarket cooler on your R7 1700 set up if you're going to be pushing it.

Intel core i7 6900 BTFO

>shilling Tom's hardware
>retards among retards tarding out

Ryzen benefits from fast ram, up to 3000Mhz, but it has some problems going higher. Obviously the higher the better.

Depending on what you do RAM can be the bottleneck or not. If you're just crunching pure numbers, RAM doesn't matter, for basically anything else it does.

>200 MHz overclock
>LOWER score
How does this work?

Beware of AMD marketers that lurk in Sup Forums.

If you can spare the cash, buy the best of the best at the moment (7700k).

If you don't, stick with Ryzen (1600-1700).

>implying amd is above using online shills to push people into buying their products.
>projecting this hard
Do with your hard earned shill shekels what ever you want, Pajeet. I couldn't care less.
You came here asking questions, you were given good criticism and help and you still refuse to accept it since you are a brand loyal shit skin whore with AIDS.

Don't question our methods, goy.

It's a pic of my R7 1700 @ 3.95Ghz along with a quick benchmark where it almost goes head to head with the i7 7700k running 4.2Ghz in single threaded application and nearly double the performance in multi threaded.

The OC is stable as a rock running 1.4 volts on the vcore for all intents and purposes completely safe given that i'm using a pigfat Noctua NH-D15 SE to keeps this sucker cool (I don't like AIO coolers since their dubios lifespan and failure can result in leakage).

For anyone thinking about getting a R7...or even a R5. Get the non- X version. Save a couple hundred dollars, get a half-decent stock cooler (not really but they do look cool) for free and they'll OC just as far as the 1800x or 1600x.

knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Support-for-multi-core-processors-with-AutoCAD.html

>To fully benefit from multi-core processors, you need to use multi-threaded software; AutoCAD is predominantly a single-threaded application.

Autodesk will start optimizing their software to fully benefit multi core processors in the near future.

I'm also not sure how people still seem to root for fast single-threaded cpus when even intel has just started ushering in their new line of processors consisting solely of multi cored cpus.

Surely this would mean developers are going to optimize their software accordingly.

Is noy about AMD vs Intel, rather than autocad being optimized for shit computers, and crappy multi thread support.

This is probably going to change in the future, anuways, since the whole industry(guided by ryzen) is moving towards multiple cores/threads.

Well, the sockets are not the same, right? So unless you can get a good deal on a 4790k+MoBo, you are better off with the 7700K.

Yeah, get a decent cooler and a 1700 and OC the shit out of it. Enjoy the best perf/$ in the market.

Not everything can be made parallel, but yeah autocad in particular is just terrible at optimizations, they shouldn't even be used at a benchmark, that's like doing a bike race on sand.

I have a question.

I'm going to get an I7-7700K, and want to liquid-cool it.

Should I have the 7700K delidded, or will liquid cooling be just fine?

How far can I push the r7 1700 on the stock cooler and at what temps?

Delid