/maga/ - macOs General Appreciation

Can we have a thread about macOS. Share your screenshots, apps, utilities, ricing on this great OS!

>macOS
>ricing
>great OS
wat

this isnt /lgbt/

no trolling please

>Ricing
>Hasn't even changed the background image
Anyway, I use Mac as well. Great OS. Screenshots are useless though. They all look the fucking same.

Took this a while ago and I'm too lazy to take another one. Still looks the same.

show me your menubar

Please no bully
Respect the beautiful hardware, the beautiful software and the fantastic eco system.
>tfw not on a bonnet.

pape if anyone wants it

Not that guy, but here goes

nice, what's the cactus?

It's CactusVPN

Do you actually use Duet? To me it doesn't help very much when I could just use workspaces.

The only correct place for the dockbar is indeed the left. Well done, fellow patrician.

>macOS
>not botnet
what? it's confirmed botnet, just not as bad as windows.

MacOS would be great if they would just use encryption that Apple themselves couldn't break. They just expect their customers to forget their passwords. I still use it because I don't have time to bother with open sores for professional software.

Favorite High Sierra feature? I think AFS is the best they're bringing.

If you've got a Hue for lights Colors for Hue is a useful tray application for controlling them. I use it when my phone isn't nearby.
Textual is the best irc client for mac bar none.
Keka is a great archiving utility for a ton of formats that I use a lot and like.

pic related is my desktop, this computer is by far the best I've ever owned, despite what Sup Forums tries to claim about macs.

Smh desu senpai

Where di you find such cool pictures and whats this fckin cool as fuck screenfetch

hopefully this helps Finder not be a giant piece of shit

>Have MacBook unibody (plastic) 2009. C2D, 2 GB ram

>Updated to El Capitan, slow as shit BC 2 GB ram
>Reverted to Snow Leopard (original OS). Works fine but insecure and most programs are not supported

What should I install Sup Forums? It's my gf's old Mac, she upgraded to a rmbp a year ago

just keep Snow Leopard. 10.6.8 was the last decent desktop OS from Apple

Just put more ram in it. I'm on a 2010 macbook running Sierra just fine after upgrading to 6GB of ram

Some more ram.

More ram. I upgraded mine to 4GB (which is the max). Also put an SSD in it while you're at it, you will get another few years out of it.

yeES i LGOVE MY $5,500 USD thrash Bin
WINODS DUMB USERsS hHaHHA
shiny buton

>You should use an OS that hasn't been updated in 7 years
Don't give terrible advice, user. Some of us like up-to-date web browsers

-w-

depends on the use case. laptop for external web activity, yeah probably terrible. home server or something like that, 10.6.8 is rock solid.

is this the Mac desktop thread?

i really need to upgrade desu, logic is starting to lag with plugins and what not

Thanks for the advice. Don't know if it's worth it, will look into it

Could I dualboot Ubuntu or Mint?

I thought late 2008 and on could go to 8GB

False right side master race
>Left is for kids that don't use dongles for monitors

who are you quoting?

No quotes user
Just abstract thoughts
>Open ur mind #fightnewfags

maybe you should learn how to greentext before you start throwing in meme arrows everywhere

Feels good

High Sierra beta tester heree.
[spoiler]Finder is still shit.[/spoiler]
APFS makes file copying nice and quick though.

I don't know user… Of of the reasons I like macOS is because it feels nice WITHOUT having to rice it.

>tfw uncompressed screenshots are 15MB in size

I use hackintosh and parallels. I installed Windows on a secondary partition, so if I need to actually dual boot into the thing I will, but it works rather nicely and fast on parallels. I often forget it's a virtual machine.