homeserver thread?
what are you running?
current setup
will post details in thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs#United_States_of_America
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do stuff

WHEN THE FUCK IS AMD GOING TO RELEASE SUPER EFFICIENT LOW POWER RYZEN APUS?????

REEEEEE, I WANT TO BUILD A CHEAP HOME/MEDIA SERVER BUT I CAN'T.

Top to bottom

Cisco ??? Switch, it's 2950 series though, gonna replace it with something with less backdoors

Compaq PDU, old as fuck, but does its job

Apple XServe, soon to be decommissioned, will be replaced with atom 1u build

HP Proliant G3, will either be used for PFSense or will be scrapped

Dell R710, got this yesterday, currently installing OpenBSD, this will be used as a regular workstation and file server

I wish I wasn't behind NAT.

I really feel defeated if I can't run a webserver or SSH to it away from home. So I haven't had a home server since I moved here.

If you cannot figure out how to get around residential ISP NAT, you wouldn't make use of the ability in the first place.

he might be talking about carrier-grade NAT user. Like the ISP is the one doing NAT, and the IP the ISP gives to his modem is an RFC 1918 one.

Carrier grade NAT is used on mobile devices, not on residential connections.

But if you are talking about another country then I don't care.

I'm using a mobile hotspot. Even IF I could somehow circumvent Verizon's shitty network, why would I open my 10gb data limit to Chinese spamming ssh all day and night?

You made assumptions and you were wrong. It's okay buddy. I do use a mobile device.

So you use a mobile phone hotspot as your home network connection?

Nice try, you got called out and nothing will redeem yourself. Just admit you don't understand even the simplest of concepts.

... Yeah. It's called living in the middle of nowhere Mississippi. You either use dedicated mobile network hotspots or you use satellite internet. Google Mifi T1114 if you don't believe me. It even has ethernet ports.

Get out of your basement for a while my dude.

Did you actually think I used my phone's hotspot 24/7?

So far you've shown you don't know what carrier NAT is, and you didn't even know about dedicated 4G modems. Are you sure you want to continue telling people they don't understand things?

You don't need to try and quote RFC's, carrier grade NAT is for mobile networks, not residential connections and you know it.

I work with people who live on farms that use point to point microwave connections, so yes I know about rural areas. You don't say you are behind NAT, you should say you use an LTE connection because they are very different setups.

Just stop embarrassing yourself.

>4g router
>residential connection

>carrier NAT is for mobile networks
>ACTUALLY MOBILE NETWORKS ARE DIFFERENT THAN NAT

take a nap

Dude you're fucking retarded. Many ISPs are NATing customers because of IPv4 allocation problems.

BRUH I JUST READ THIS ON GOOGLE YOU'RE WRONG

Carrier NAT is for mobile networks.

Give me one example.

And Verizon is a mobile network. Congrats I'm correct again.

Same problem here. Luckily a static IPv4 address is only 3.90 € + 1.99 € / month. Mayby a VPS with a reverse SSH tunnel setup would still be the better option though.

AT&T was doing this to uverse customers 5 years ago.

Yeah but to be honest I'm fine with just having a cheap VPN without the hassle since I don't need network storage or anything.

Nice ip can I ssh into it lmao

wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs#United_States_of_America

SSH into a private and default IP for idrac.

This is you.