Own an OPO

>Own an OPO
>CM drops support for it and dies
>OnePlus drops support for it within a year
>All other Roms are buggy nightly builds
>Still stuck on 5.1.1 because of this
>Meanwhile Apple is still supporting phones as far back as the 5s

Is it possible to own a good Android phone that can be supported with Android builds for a long period of time, or am I expected to pay $500 for a new phone every year? How the fuck is it that only Apple gets it right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=91iyxSzmSAI&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=DZtygpSk0BY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My android phone from 4 years ago has seen support up until marshmallow. Quit buying phones from crap tier companies.

Google Pixel

Their own software, their own hardware. Google can only make sure that Android works flawlessly inside their emulator. It's up to the manufacturers to not fuck it up with terribly written libraries, firmware, drivers, etc. But they do, because they're not software oriented.

Much like how Samsung is Godlike to the hardware industry but can't even compare to an 8 years old kid doing Hello World somewhere out there in an Internet cafe. Samsung's Bada OS was a total crap.

>Apple

Its not the same as phones not being supported by the latest OS.

iPhones as far back as the 4 run an iOS version that is good enough to use for most daily tasks. An Android phone can be dropped from support within months of its release date.

>>Still stuck on 5.1.1 because of this
LINEAGEOS
I
N
E
A
G
E

My iPhone 4 on iOS7 is absolutely not "good enough to use for most daily tasks''. Apple actively attacked my hardware, turning it into a slow, sluggish mess with their bullshit updates. I didn't upgrade to the newer iPhone, instead I switched to Android and will never buy anything Apple again.

Every video review of Lineage OS that i find has some pajeet talking about the device with his pajeet accent.

LineageOS is literally CyanogenMod without the corporate backing. It's the same thing.

Coincidentally, Cyanogen doing silly shit like what they pulled with the OPO is why they were split

>ADHD baby alert

kek. the iPhone 3G (not the S) and the iPhone 4 are really fucking terrible on the latest firmwares respectively.

Oh fuck off as much as I loved my iPhone 4 it's the last of the 32bit I devices man. Beyond legacy at this point of their software stack.

Agree with you though you should be able to put an old .ipsw on it if you choose. The way iTunes verifyies / denies perfectly functional old versions of IOS fucking shits me. They don't support it anymore and you own it ? Should be open game for any custom Rom you feel like.

It's already been mentioned once or twice but go for LineageOS. The builds are nightlies, yes, but literally crashing less often (not once, yet) on my Oneplus 2 than the latest OxygenOS update from Oneplus. It's the same thing as Cyanogen, they're keeping up the open source development after it went corporate.

Meanwhile, oldass Galaxy S3 still gets love.

2 years of OS updates and 3 years of security patches is pretty poor for a device that expensive. Also considering how minor the updates are these days a 2-3 year old phone of today will probably be just as good as a new one.

You cant blame qualcomm but no one is being forced to use them.

>bought iPhone 4s
>install iOS updates
>wow cool new features
>lag as shit
>bricked wifi

>have Nexus 5
>don't have that problem
>on Lineage OS nightly and it has oerfect stability
This fag here is correct.

Nexus or Nexus Derivatives. LG G2 Still gets adequate nightlies because it shares a platform with the 5. 2015 droid turbo is also a choice by that criteria.

And obviously you can get the newest one a la pixel / htc u11.

5.1.1 is still very much usable.

Holy shit that graph is real.

Apple confirmed gimping their own products.

>paying flagship price for yet another second class afterthought from google

>Not buying chink phones
They're very well supported because of the huge userbase and you will have no problem upgrading whenever you want when each phone is only ~160 cuckbucks

Buy a nexus or stop caring about OS. Anyway, is there a reason to upgrade to anything above 5.1 beside dose?

You can also confirm the graph on Google Trends. I've pissed off so many Apple fans by showing them that.

My redmi still gets updates every other week

That's what i did. Every single summer there's a spike of "iPhone Slow" searches. Let me check if it correlates with something else

Every single summer season there's an increase of these searches.

Spikes at broken screen are nowhere near as large as software problem ones.

Apple confirmed evil.

qualcomm is essentially forced for use in the US, at least until intel came out with a proper modem this year (2017). basically qualcomm would rape you on licensing for the patents related to CDMA networks (Sprint/verizon), so they were the only ones with good CDMA modems. in order to get good prices on the CDMA modems from qualcomm you also had to use their SoC.

now that intel has a good modem (apple may switch to it in the 8), you may see more manufacturers moving away from qualcomm and their dickishness. google is rumored to be working on their own silicon, and samsung already has the exynos SoC in the non-American models.

Does the recovery backup restore everything?

I am thinking of testing out linage but I want to be able to restore if i fuck it up.

Is there a way to xposed working on the latest?

Twrp backup restore errything.

Never settle
youtube.com/watch?v=91iyxSzmSAI&feature=youtu.be

Ebyn X---DDDDD

App support eventually

youtube.com/watch?v=DZtygpSk0BY

I had a OnePlus One recently, paid like $25 for it at a pawn shop, had some cosmetic damage on the body and the back cover was shot, fucked up SIM card holder as well, display was flawless, phone worked just fine so a few replacement parts and voila, outstanding device.

I was running Android 7.1.1 on it without a single issue, fast, fluid, insanely smooth - it's probably the smoothest most lag free device I have ever owned or even used before, iPhones and Galaxies be fucking damned, that phone was like liquid Teflon on Teflon coated with butter smooth and slick.

So, OP, it sounds like you're just a fucking idiot to me.

>stuck on 5.1.1
Wow. You truly are too tech illiterate to use that phone. Buy an iPhone next time.

My Galaxy S2 is running Nougat with LineageOS. Yeah, take that in a 6 YEAR OLD PHONE.
Unfortunately, only big big brands have good ROM support. Isn't OPO supposed to be easily support din LineageOS?

Or you could just lease your phone through the upgrade program for $35/m and get a new model every year. Much better than being stuck using old hardware or selling it on craigslist and getting killed by a nigger.

Wtf? I also have an OPO running Android 6 at the moment. Thinking about upgrading to 7 with lineage OS but they didn't release a stable version yet. Only nightlies.
What are you even doing with an OPO without installing custom ROMs? It's literally the best phone as far as community support goes. It has loads of custom ROMs. You can even install Kali on it so stop bitching and start rooting.

Depends on your settings. It can back up everything though.

There are no nougat stables images. The nexus 5 nightlies are stable enough for daily use, haven't encountered a single problem yet. Back up your system image with twrp and test out the latest nightly, restore the image if it's too unstable for your liking.

My Galaxy S3 is still supported. Just don't buy a no name chink phone anymore.

The OPO Nougat ROMs have been stable enough for daily use since months ago. Just because it's called a nightly doesn't mean it's unstable

BTW SultanXDA just released his version of LineageOS 14.1 for the OPO

Nice reading comprehension. I said that the nxus ones are stable. Can't say anything about the OPO ones since I don't use them.

Ah yes, misread what you wrote. Nvm then.