/cosg/ - CloverOS GNU/Linux

CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current LiveCD: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170622/CloverOS-x86_64-20170622.iso
Github: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros
Package count: 2288 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: uswest.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -pipe -flto=8 -funroll-loops -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"

Previous threads:
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=cloveros&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

Other urls found in this thread:

thenightmancodeth.me/CloverOS
github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170622/CloverOS-x86_64-20170622.iso
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=cloveros&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my boyfriend tried it and he loves it!
bf is on the left

Serious question

If netrunner is ever finished and if it's good, will it be the default browser for Clover?

I hope so. I want to browse nyaa pantsu, with netrunner, using cloverOS.

>it's the year 2017
>i boot up my cloveros install on my thinkpad and load up my browser, netrunner to browse nyaapantsu with chiru.no playing in the background when I get a notification that someone replied to my post on Sup Forums

2017 will be the year of the Sup Forums desktop

Sup Forums is the new botnet

I'm okay with this

>i boot up my cloveros install on my thinkpad and load up my browser, netrunner to browse nyaapantsu with chiru.no playing Gee Gee Gee in the background when I get a notification that someone replied to my post on Sup Forums and praise Stallman for this blessing

>Text editor - emacs
triggered

I'll install it once it is as easy to install as Ubuntu.

There's less options and settings in the CloverOS installer than Ubuntu.

>what partition do I instal to

her bf convinced me desu

Installing CloverOS

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT
come back when the installation is as easy as Ubuntu

>whine constantly about "the botnet"
>install an entire fucking OS made by anonymous nerds on a website with a history of showing no empathy, compassion or any sense of ethics whatsoever

holy shit

enjoy your fucking botnet guys

On the contrary, Sup Forums is the most ethical software community.

Do you even use software that respects your freedoms?

You can use gparted to make one and set it in the script. Basically it'll install to a 'root' partition and you'll have too set up any other partitions like /home manually

>it is the year 2017
>i boot up my cloveros install on my thinkpad and load up my browser, netrunner to browse nyaapantsu with chiru.no playing Gee Gee Gee in the background when I get a notification that someone replied to my post on Sup Forums as well as a message on Tox about a link on Sup Forumstracker and praise Stallman for this blessing

Steps to install clover after you've booted up onto a live usb.

1. Enter
2. y
3. y
4. Reboot

what site is that?

thenightmancodeth.me/CloverOS

my nigger Jesus, how you been bro
-ArXs

Will it have a functional and aesthetic UI with tiles / icons / widgets?
Will it have Vulkan / DX12 api compatability?
Will it be 64bit?
Will it have the ability to utilize all 32 cores of EPYC without issue?

If not, why bother?

yes
yes
yes
yes

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170622/CloverOS-x86_64-20170622.iso

>yes

Proofs?

any UI you want bro
vulkan is compiled into mesa
it's only 64-bit
linux kernel handles up to a billion cores

What is that meme?

Seriously I know I haven't been active the last months, but I've never heard of that..

CloverOS is a pre-riced, out-of-the-box Gentoo that's by Sup Forums, for Sup Forums. It's as close to default Gentoo as possible, with all of the configuration made in /etc/portage/make.conf unlike other Gentoo-based distros like Sabayon. The scripts can be used to install it to hard drive, generate a LiveCD and create the CloverOS repo. The CloverOS repo is built with custom CFLAGS for optimum performance, and the USE flags are configured for desktop use. It focuses on speed and low ram usage, doesn't have systemd or other service bloat, and has software out of the box. There's some dotfiles in the home directory by default to save time. CloverOS should be an all-around good desktop distro while remaining simple. The default WM is twm, which allows you to move, resize, minimize/restore windows and launch programs.

If you use Gentoo, you'll probably come to a similar conclusion as CloverOS (package.use, installed packages). The original goal was to be similar to CrunchBang/BunsenLabs, but with Gentoo instead of Debian. This has some speed and memory advantages, as well as including programs and configuration for the average Sup Forums user.

>any UI I want bro
See that's the thing, I just want one that works and I don't have to use command prompt text on.
Does the default at least work kinda like Win98/7?
These Linux variations will never see wide spread use until they're as idiot friendly as Win/Mac/Android/BBOS10.

The rest sounds good.

>I Don't want to use command prompt text
>on a Sup Forums OS

you dumb motherfucker

Hit m on boot for mate

What's this OS about?

CloverOS is a pre-riced, out-of-the-box Gentoo that's by Sup Forums, for Sup Forums. It's as close to default Gentoo as possible, with all of the configuration made in /etc/portage/make.conf[/code[ unlike other Gentoo-based distros like Sabayon. The scripts can be used to install it to hard drive, generate a LiveCD and create the CloverOS repo. The CloverOS repo is built with custom CFLAGS for optimum performance, and the USE flags are configured for desktop use. It focuses on speed and low ram usage, doesn't have systemd or other service bloat, and has software out of the box. There's some dotfiles in the home directory by default to save time. CloverOS should be an all-around good desktop distro while remaining simple. The default WM is twm, which allows you to move, resize, minimize/restore windows and launch programs.

If you use Gentoo, you'll probably come to a similar conclusion as CloverOS (package.use, installed packages). The original goal was to be similar to CrunchBang/BunsenLabs, but with Gentoo instead of Debian. This has some speed and memory advantages, as well as including programs and configuration for the average Sup Forums user.

explain to me why i should use this distro over anything else in 3 sentences or less and i will download it

It's fast as fuck, has no Poettering spyware, is based on the best Linux distro and has low RAM usage.

Have you thought of using runit as init system and service supervisor? It's tiny and fast as fuck.

the ASCII art in Screenfetch looks nice

No need to be rude bud, just saying I tried some other distros a long time ago, became very annoyed with prompt because of my shit typing accuracy. Went back to Windows 100% of the time..

But that actually looks good. I'm definitely going to look into it now.

Can it run Dorf Fortress?

Can it run Star Citizen?

emerge dwarf-fortress

>went back to Windows 100% of the time
did you jump directly into the meme-distros? Most the popular shit can be entirely mouse and GUI driven. Typing accuracy has nothing to do with it unless you chimped out after forgetting how to backspace.

There is very little reason for you to use a Sup Forumsentoo-based OS with such half-ass reasons for not using Linux in the first place. You're more than welcome to install gentoo and try again, but you'll get nowhere with that attitude.

tl;dr do some typing practice on keybr or something you donut

can I install this onto a separate hard drive, then transfer the harddrive onto my thinkpad?

What is CloverOS doing to bypass Firefox's new hard dependency on PulseAudio?

Yes.

Are those real reviews?

./configure still lets you build Firefox with alsa instead of pulse. it's just hidden now

Is this a good distro to start with?

Definitely, 99.999% positive.

is the linux kernel that dynamic? I won't have to use special flag or anything? I'm honestly considering it, since it is a t410 and my desktop uses a better i5 and more ram, which wouldn't take forever to do compared to making the thinkpad do it instead.

Someone actually got past the "I'll design the logo" phase? Give me a reason why i switch to this from Fedora,

The installer does the same thing no matter what hardware you install it on.

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try.

Is this the final form of Sup Forumsentoomens lo/g/OS

You bet your tits it is

Install Gentoo

>I tried some other distros a long time ago, became very annoyed with prompt because of my shit typing accuracy
Wow you're a fucking moron

Fedora isn't based on Gentoo

>Sup Forums project that's gotten further than a logo
woah

I'll try it

Did Floens make this?

No

>noobuntu
>not 3 inches

>I am proud to announce that CloverOS is 100% Poettering-free.

>DX12
>there are anons this stupid on Sup Forums

it's antisemitic to build a linux distro without pulseaudio

The installation is broken. I install it over and over and can't boot in at all.

what are the default programs?
can you make music in it?

what does Clover OS offer over regular old Gentoo? I don't see a lot of people using it on Hardware. Is it ready for regular use?

No

>warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=cloveros&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

That's a lot of wasted characters. This link does the exact same thing.

warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros

You've probably set your partitions wrong

double checking. I have swap and ext4

I'm literally crying, Sup Forums has grown up.

what a fag

this is Sup Forums, we're all fags

where is the magnet

fair enough