Please, help me make a decision on a 1070 card!

Please, help me make a decision on a 1070 card!

I am building my first PC and I have everything together EXCEPT for a GPU. My build is mostly black/white and the case has a window. I was wondering which 1070 I should choose. I don't think I'd ever need to OC.
Do all 1070's perform the same if I don't OC? Should I just go with the cheapest?

This Asus Dual is $380 new at microcenter. Debating this one unless you guys have other suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/70254/asus-colorful-and-msi-showcase-their-mining-graphics-cards
amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-STRIX-Graphic-STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING/dp/B01HDUVJ1I/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V0FPE0NQ8ZPCEQFYHGW7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I own the same card and it runs pretty hot compared to other cooler designs.

turbo instead

Don't buy that
Since it has no fan control you will always hear sound when not gaming and in full load is quite loud.

Even the founders edition is alot quieter than it, which is what I replaced with

What the fuck is going on with amazon and new egg, All the 1070s and 1080s are either out of stock or over priced. 700 dollars for a fucking 1070 what the fucking fuck.
Did the gpu apocalypse happen?

You have to just buy the cheap out of stock ones and wait for a few weeks for them to ship it to you.

>wait for a few weeks for them to ship it to you
what happened.

Dunno, 1070 I bought at $369 immediately went out of stock and the cheapest it goes for now is $440

Miners. 470/570/480/580 are all out of stock, even 560 prices are bumped up a little. Then people decided to mine with Nvidia since everything else was sold out so 1070 prices have skyrocketed. 1080's aren't good at mining but the prices were raised anyway since they're the only GPU you can buy for video games right now.

People are scalping 1070s on my local craigslist for $600, well there goes my plan to buy a new gpu next payday.

Is that why I had to buy mine at ~$560?
I dont remember them being THAT expensive

Fucking scum miners.

Yes, just a few weeks ago the 1080 was $499 retail and $400 used. You got ripped off unfortunately.

>1080's aren't good at mining

They're not BAD at mining by any means. GDDR5X isn't good for Ethereum specifically, but it's fine for other things. They just don't make sense from a price/performance point of view. Although the way things have gone with prices of other cards, maybe they do at this point.

Dang. Should have decided to build my first PC a few weeks earlier. I guess its not that bad of a ripoff compared to others and at the very least I was able to snag one up unlike the unfortunate AMD buyers
Have AMD or Nvidia responded to this surge of demand?

i have the msi one.
it's absolutely fine.
no complaints.
i got it on launch day and paid normal prices.
i wouldn't pay the inflated prices they want now.

Cards specifically for mining with no outputs are coming, which are cheaper and come with only a three month warranty.

videocardz.com/70254/asus-colorful-and-msi-showcase-their-mining-graphics-cards

Should ease the load on regular cards a bit.

>Have AMD or Nvidia responded to this surge of demand?
Board partners are responding by making dedicated mining cards. I'm not sure if AMD can ramp up production in GPU's though. Mining goes in bursts, it's difficult to respond to. Worst case scenario for AMD or Nvidia is once the mining bubble bursts the market gets flooded with cheap cards, making it difficult to sell retail stock.

Whatever I guess, still pisses me off but actually forces me to hold onto my money for Vega instead of just going for the 1070.

>building computer for the first time
>1070 and 1080 going out of stock everywhere
>finally find one for $460
It's EVGA. Should I wait for this mining bullshit to die off or just buy it now? Leaning towards buying now cause its 500-600+ everywhere else I look and I'm an impatient idiot.

Thank me later.
amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-STRIX-Graphic-STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING/dp/B01HDUVJ1I/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V0FPE0NQ8ZPCEQFYHGW7

it won't. They will just get sucked up like normal GPU's. No resale value.

Thanks user