/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Source: Pixel 2 ‘walleye’ and ‘taimen’ Specifications Revealed
xda-developers.com/source-pixel-2-walleye-and-taimen-specifications-revealed/

Samsung Galaxy Note8 launches late September for nearly €1,000
venturebeat.com/2017/06/23/samsung-galaxy-note8-launches-late-september-for-nearly-e1000/

Sony Xperia L1 review: Level one-GSMarena review
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l1-review-1624.php

Speed Test - OnePlus 5 vs HTC U11 vs Galaxy S8 - Snapdragon 835 Edition
youtube.com/watch?v=9LnohX8G3vQ

Camera Shootout - City at Night - HTC U11 vs Galaxy S8 vs Google Pixel vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5NsV88C1w&feature=youtu.be

Deal: Grab an LG G5 for under $260 in US
gsmarena.com/deal_grab_an_lg_g5_for_under_260_in_us-news-25752.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

banggood.com/Lenovo-P2-5_5-inch-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1161448.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the LG G5 worth it at $260?

banggood.com/Lenovo-P2-5_5-inch-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1161448.html

Is there any other differences to Lenovo P2 global model than missing b20 and custom rom? Can you install official European ROM to this and get Android 7.0?

that's good news. i'm seriously awaiting for my galaxy s8+, i hope it ships soon. fuck, it's so boring without my smartphone although i have my laptop

Hopefully it arrives early on tuesday.

When Qualcomm is going for 7nm? Is the 10nm sd 6xx processor much more power efficient that 625?

yeah the location it ships from shouldn't be too far from me.

asking this again here
will i get scammed if i buy from chink shit sites like tinydeal?

Yes, you should use reliable sellers from aliexpress for example.

Will the Xperia XZ line work with Verizon? It has all the required band support and I don't live in east bumblefuck

should i get a xz premium?
>waterproof
>great camera
>battery that last a whole day
>4k display
>dual sim stand by
>shiny back
only problem is the size. so should i get xzs instead?

Recently got a Huawei Y6 II to replace my Moto E2, my first time with a 5'5 screen, still haven't figured out if it's actually better to have a screen this big since I don't play games, but I'll get used to it unless it breaks in a couple of weeks (doesn't feel too solid)
Removed most of the stock apps but battery life has actually gotten worse, does Huawei/emui have a battery saving app that actually works and I got rid of it?
Also, I really miss the active display on the E2, is there some way of getting something like that on this phone?
Thanks Sup Forums

What's a normal, free software file manager I can use?
I remember using the CM default one, but I can't find it on F Droid any more. Does anyone remember its name?

A friend of mine ordered at tinydeal. Got his phone, everything alright but if something breaks it horrible. He sent it in. Besides long shipping times like with every chink shit he had to pay a handling fee and they say it can't be repaired and offered him some crap phones or 30% of the original price. Just don't buy there.

Mixplorer.

its been so long since i got a new phone so wtf do i do with the settings and shit to install?

i already added my email and now i dont know what else to do lmaoo

Can anyone recommend me a phone which has:
> a new Android, Nougat or Marshmallow
> dual sim
> max 5" screen
> good battery, which would last a day of normal use
> either at least 32 GB of storage or microSD slot
> custom ROMs as a plus too

I mostly would use it to listen to music, browse the internet and Messenger. I live in Denmark, I'm in Lebara. I'm willing to spend up to $500, but I think it's possible to get something much cheaper.

Why is note 8 so much more expensive than the s8 when there's hardly any difference?

Same cpu, slightly more ram, no change in screen resolution...

Red pill me on The Essential phone.

This.

No custom roms though

S pen? that's the only thing i could think of

maybe a bit larger with a xzs?

Why does no one ever make full size E-Ink secondary display on back except shitty yotaphone which you can't even buy anywhere

bump

My dad needs a new Android phone, but hates touchscreen keyboards, is the BlackBerry Priv the only affordable option, if yes, is it worth it?

Thanks, I guess this works.
But I couldn't find information about its license.

I think you're retarded lmaoo

They're releasing Yotaphone 3 sometime this year

T_T

go through each setting option and set it to your liking
install apps you like
i mean it doesn't get much easier

Tell him to stop being poor and get the Blackberry KeyOne

Amaze

Why does he need an Android phone?

Tried it, but it's crashing on my phone (Android 4.1.2).

Although I like the design and that it has physical keyboard, it's missing dual sim which is a must have feature for me.

I would prefer a smaller screen, right now I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini which has 4.3" display. Also, XZs is too expensive.

Be a good son and teach him how to use touchscreen keyboards, you retard.

>teach him how to use touchscreen keyboards
Not him but I also hate touchscreens just because they're so much slower to use. You can't properly touch-type since you can't actually feel the individual keys. It's really bad.

Moto G5

Lineage runs like shit on my M8, so I guess it's upgrade time. Looking for something that beats it in every aspect:

>1440p
>SD slot
>Preferably more than 32gb internal
>mid-high range price if possible (£400 ish?)
>Root/bootloader fuckery support

Right now i'm looking at a HTC 10, but it might be a little over what i'd pay

Axon 7

If you buy from Gear best or Honor buy or others check to see if they have a regional warehouse in Europe that will deliver to funland

>slower
I see you're also a retard.

>Axon 7
Good shout, looks like it covers everything i'm after. Hopefully I can find it nearby so i'm not waiting two weeks for it to ship from bumfuck nowhere.

How so? I type at ~140wpm on a regular keyboard, it's really frustrating having to use a touchscreen.

A regular keyboard has you use all fingers. A blackberry keyboard will only use your thumbs, it'll never be faster than swiping on a touchscreen.

I bought the moto e4 and I'm quite excited about it. It's my first phone with a glass screen aluminum body, HD screen and 2gb ram.

How much was it?

Is anyone of you Honor 8 pro owner? Does it heat up much when you look at videos/play games for some time?

Anyone using the Nougat beta on their Redmeme? How is it?

150€ (167.59$) but you can buy it at Verizon for 70$

looks like shit

Should have got a Nokia 3 or a Moto G5

Specs wise? Definitely Moto G5.

It's not beta on many redmemes. It's extremely stable on the Redmi 3 Pro.

Is there any good glass for redmeme 4?
Or is it impossible due to 2.5 D?
Couldn't the glas be curved too?

Doesn't it have both? It just has a keypad too, you can still swipe around.

Is there any other differences to Lenovo P2 global and chinese model than missing b20 and custom rom? Can you install official European ROM to this and get Android 7.0?

I'm thinking about buying it from banggood: banggood.com/Lenovo-P2-5_5-inch-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1161448.html

That's it?

You're right. But let's be real though, you're not getting an overpriced phone because of the physical keyboard to just not use it (By swiping on it)

Hi what is the best phone between the MI5, MI5c and MI5s ? is the MI5c better than the MI5?

The Mi5c is garbage. It was Xiaomi testing their own SoC.

Regarding the 5s and 5:
The 5s is more powerful and has an aluminium back over the 5's plastic and glass.
It doesn't have the IR blaster or OIS.

Well I don't know what I'm getting, but I really want one with a physical keyboard because I type a lot on my phone and it's definitely much faster for me. I don't really care about anything other than that part.

It's not faster if you just end up swiping on it, which you can already do on any other phone.

What do you mean? How would I "swipe" when typing?

Is redmi note 4's GPS any good?

Conversely cheapest phone with good battery life and good GPS.

Because

No. Expect the GPS to take a few minutes to track your position.

Other than this initial phase, I've had no issues on my Xiaomi phones.

...But you don't "swipe" while typing. You type. You hit keys. Keys are easier and much faster to hit if you can physically feel them.

Is the Alcatel A30 worth it for the dirt cheap 60$ price tag?

How'd you get into the nougat beta? Which redmeme are you using?

fellow britbongs what networks does the oneplus 5 work with for us? im thinking of just buying a phone then going sim only

any anons bought this phone yet ?

Do you have redmi note 4 or some other Xiaomi?

Anybody?

Is it any better than the BLU R1 HD?

You can swipe type on phones these days. Basically you just slide your fingers around on the keyboard. I could never figure that shit out though so I just type normally

so since the op5 is a major flop and all phones are kind of shit, should I just get an axon 7? my budget is $550 or less but I haven't seen anything worth it

Just wait for phones launching later this year

I started looking for a new phone in April and decided to wait 3 months to see what would come out and it's all shit. I don't want to wait another 3 months.

meant to quote

buy lenovo p2

Buy some nice budget phone to hold you over until something good comes out

galaxy s8+.

after seeing the new pixel xl specifications, i'm so glad I bought a galaxy s8+ without waiting.

What is the cheapest phone with good battery life and good GPS.
Nothing else matters (maybe the reliability, don't want it to fall apart within 2 days).

lenovo is pretty shit but i'll check it out
I like to use my phones for 4+ years, are there really no good ones out now? the only solution is waiting?
my friend has one and while it does look very nice, I prefer the bezel look

Should I purchase the OnePlus 5 or the Huawei P10? Does the P10 have access to the latest android version?

Huawei does have a better service, but the Oneplus is cheaper with slightly better specs.

>are there really no good ones out now?
I think you're just being too picky

whats the phone on the right?

Nexus 6P

Mi5 or Mi5S
5.15" screen (check their body size, is pretty good)
decent battery
has lineageOS support
MIUI 8 on Nougat, it will get the new MIUI 9 (TBA) and probably Oreo if Qualcomm doesn't fuck things up for Xiaomi
64GB
Dual nano sim
Just check their bands tho
Camera is pretty nice.

Both are on the latest android version. If you care about having stock android or custom ROMs get the OP5, otherwise the P10 is mostly better.

I already dropped most of my requirements in the last six months since there are no phones with sd slots and removable batteries, ones that aren't xboxhueg, etc.

I have to believe a decent phone is out there, it just has to be found

>The 5s is more powerful
>SD821 over SD820.
They're virtually the same shit, m8
don't be a fag

damn it looks perfect but its outdated

HTC U11 seems like a pretty good phone so far.

Sup /spg/

Just dumped my iPhone 7+ in favor of a galaxy s7 edge last week, I have a decent hang of android now but what are some things I should start doing with it?

This is my first experience with any smart phone other than an iPhone or blackberry way back in the day.

Only thing I've changed is the launcher because fuck touchwiz.

>great camera
Citation needed.

Why did you leave the iPhone?

What do you miss so far?

Even a Redmi 4A fits your bill

If your budget is 550 then the 8gb op5 is the best you'll get imo, without giving up some other phone for samsung's trade-in.