Are laptop cooling pads a meme?

Are laptop cooling pads a meme?

LED lit ones like that are at least

i just picked one randomly for reference, aside from the tacky lights it's nice to have one?

if its usb powered then yes

fucking lol

Those only cool the bottom of your laptop, and the bottom of your laptop is not a heatsink. It might reduce the heat by a TINY amount.

where are the fans located you nigger

anyway, @op buy a not shit laptop with proper cooling and you shouldn't have to worry about it.

i personally put like, my wallet or something underneath it near the back so the fans aren't being smothered tho

>where are the fans located you nigger
Inside the laptop? The air intakes are on the sides of the laptop.

I don't know what you are trying to say. Do you mean you have a laptop with intake vents on the bottom? Because that's some shittyass design.

pretty much every laptop intakes underneath and exhausts out the side to avoid cooking your balls. unless you fell for the gaming laptop meme, then the intakes are probably on the back/side.

>putting your laptop directly on your lap
user

Looks like you need to stop buying shitty laptops. Having the intake vent on the bottom is just retarded considering just placing the laptop on a table will reduce the air flow.

By the way, my thinkpad has large intake vents on the sides and my work macbook has thin intake vents along the bottom edge of the sides as well. You're going to have to provide a source for that "pretty much every laptop intakes underneath" comment.

It makes sense for a macbook then, since they use the aluminum body for heatsink purposes.

the only good thing it does is elevate the laptop

If you have bottom intakes theyre useful.
My friend owns a Lenovo 700 something, gaming laptop of sorts, with two bottom intake fans, his cooling pad has a big fan right in the middle that blows air into the intakes and it does lower temps by a few degrees ans keep noise down
But laptops without bottom intakes will see no benefit at all
My T42 for example has no real intake, it sucks in air through the keyboard backing I think and has no vents on the bottom
So it would do fuck all

I imagine if your laptop has a shit ton of vents on the bottom it might help a little. Or just blow dust all over your components

Not really unless you get the LED shit like your pic. When I used to play games on my Asus Q550LF it would get pretty hot because it has 2 intake vents on the bottom and exhausts directly out the back of the chassis between the screen hinge with a fan inside. I just bought a simple 2x 120mm fan pad that can elevate as well and it cools it pretty well. Laptop didn't really get hot anymore when it was on, and used USB to power it using a passthrough plug. Cost me like $10.

>is this meme a meme

just get a laptop with properly done cooling

not if you own a mac

this

>laptop
>not putting it on "top" of your "lap"
user

why dont they just make the bottom of the laptop out of this?

Why?

No reason, just have to argue