/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_MSt-oKvZtg
innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSRH1440.pdf
residentadvisor.net/features/2985
youtube.com/watch?v=tt_YrMyxHXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HD600s are garbage.

What is the second best headphone ever made behind the HD600?

>No bass
Guess which headphone I am ;)

Why does the headphone general always start with anime girls?

Is there anyone dumber than HD600posters? I think the ety shills are really vying for that dumbest /hpg/ fanboy group award.

HD650.

anything but JVC SZ2000

Other way around

Idol trash here. What's your setup like?
I love HD600, and recommend them to you.

Go!

*Cough*

Good taste in waifu and headphones.
Although I do prefer kazuki.

they're just poorfags, they can't have different headphones for all their needs so they get the one that's decent at everything

HD580

>HD600 channel inbalance
Solved several years ago.

Hey, nice comparison between the 600 and 650 WAIT A MINUTE
KEK!

Good thing HD 600s snap only after a couple years of use; maybe then they can get one of the newer models.

Kazuki's fine! Amane is my fav tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=_MSt-oKvZtg

>mfw that incredibly accurate measurement

HD6XX are now $50 more expensive.

are there any headphones with a completely flat frequency response?

Definitely not with dynamic headphones.

K612

Etymotic ER4S / ER4SR
That's it. HD600 is as close as you can get when it comes to full-size cans.

>eardiddling freak still here after getting BTFO last thread
Real sucker for punishment eh?

>snap
The snapheiser troll has pics of literally every snapped HD600 headband ever. The issue is that uncommon.
Note that, regardless, like every other part of HD600/650, headbands are replaceable and available from Sennheiser.

I don't even own or use Etys, but they are objectively flat.

Yeah, for something like 90 dollars. Good fucking goy my dude.

Fuck me. How much is that? ~$100 a year? Maybe two if i'm careful.

>but they are objectively flat.
They are not flat. But they are still the flattest there is. Too bad they're damn IEMs.

>this is an issue to you
Stay poor.

*objectively shit

Yes goy, just pay for those headbands. It's not like a $300 product should have any semblance of build quality. Oy gevalt!

>Not hiring your own engineers to make your own perfect headphone
>Not building your own from scratch
>Owning HD 600s
Lmao. I bet you're poor as fuck!

It's seriously unlikely the headband will snap in the first place. HD600/650 are very low maintenance, you'll need to replace the pads every 2-5yr depending on wear and preference, but that's about it.
Seriously easy to take apart and put together, too.

dt1990

all

>snaps twice every year.
No it doesn't. What the fuck, user. Try google or something. It's uncommon for them to snap at all, ever. And there's a good body of data supporting this, with HD600 being available from 1997.

Best part about /hpg/, to be honest; and while i'm being honest, i'm also missing ComfyGrados.

"No."

Focal Utopia

Personally miss TrustyFucks and anti-TrustyFucks more.

Describe the path your life took up until the point that /hpg/ shitposting became the highlight of your day.

Fun fact: ComfyGrados invented the Snapheiser meme. And yes, towards the end of his shitposting he became a Sennheiser shill.

ER-4SR comes close.

For full-sized headphones, it will be the SRH-1440, but it has some problems. HD600 comes close as well. This is in production headphones. LCD-1 seems really close as well but it's not in production. There's also STAX Lambda + ED-1.

I wouldn't go that far, but seeing HD 600 owners aggressively defending their headphone really brightens up my day.

my ears hurt just by looking at that image

did i do good?
For portable listening mostly.

>Fun fact: ComfyGrados invented the Snapheiser meme. And yes, towards the end of his shitposting he became a Sennheiser shill.
It's cool how he went through several stages, but at the end came to the right answer and mended his ways.

Finally went back to where he belonged :)

You guys are silly geese.

raw response always look bad
they're basically an unveiled hd600

Aww, TrustyFucks nostalgia.

>huge upper midrange dip
>unveiled

Yeah, no.

>SRH-1440
innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSRH1440.pdf
Goddamn that's some nobass.

This graph is useless without the compensation curve. Meanwhile, there is no compensation curve that won't produce a gigantic treble spike at 9 kHz when used on

V-shaped. With Beyer's signature treble mountain.
>HD600
Apples to oranges.
We'll see how DT1880 fares once they release that, as DT880 is their most neutral (and best) headphone.

:)

yes

If your headphone's raw response is louder at ANY frequency than the ~3 kHz peak, it has major problems.

Best non chink earbuds under $100?

>treble-heavy headphones
Why would they do that? That's insane.
Pretty much guaranteed to cause eardrum damage at some point. Tinnitus is horrible. Take great care of your ears, Anons. It's very easy to fuck them up, damage is non-reversible, insufferable and often the cause of severe depression and suicide.
residentadvisor.net/features/2985

from what i've read the dt 1990 come with 2 sets of pads, the B pads give a v-shaped sound while the A pads are neutral, my german it's not great but apparently that graph is with the B pads
it would be nice to have both graph to compare them

Many audiophiles do confuse ear rape with detail.
It would be fine if this was harmless, but unfortunately these frequency responses with raised treble are seriously dangerous, and highly likely to damage hearing.
It would make a lot of sense to investigate these practices and possibly put some laws in place to protect consumers.

Yours except Rin + HE400i.

That's great-nya.

>Many audiophiles do confuse ear rape with detail.
Taking advantage of this is Beyerdynamic's sales model.

I really need to update that album chart, oh well.

I think for international customers that $250 is still a decent deal because the international shipping is free now (unless I misread it) so it's more like $30 more than last time. The shit part will be actually getting your hands on a pair when like 60k people requested another drop and there are 7500 units. Also 'shipped before December 25th' isn't exactly something to get excited about

At that price point I'd just get some 650's from a forum or something, the ship date is December 25th too

whats the best headphones for listening to asmr under $100

what are the chances I won't get a HD6XX even if I wake up at 8:30AM?

I have money to burn, I want to get a K7XX too later on since I never bothered to (because I already have a K702) but fuck if I get the HD6XX I gotta get the K7XX now right?

shit and I thought I was doing good, i only bought 3 headphones the last 2 years, what the fuck am I thinking now

How easy is it to replace the pads on the HD6XX? Detachable cables are great, it'll be even better if the earpads (and maybe the head pads too) could be replaced easily.

The entire headphones can be taken apart and be put back together without any tools, it's all clipped in place.

youtube.com/watch?v=tt_YrMyxHXI

>Tfw haven't listened to music on headphones for at least a week

what a best choice?
>somic v2
>dt770
>dt990 premium 250ohm
dac - fiio e10k

I heard the 880's were the most neutral of the bunch so you might like them

i don't like neutral headphones. i hearded k240 studio(shitty headphones, superlux have better quality of materials and sound) and i want "fun" headphones, but not too much bass and high tones

idiet animy loox like sh•t also cant go wrong with some mdr7506's cant watch two radio shows without spottin a pair of those bad boys

the 770's have a shitton of bass, I own a pair, I haven't had much experience with the 990's but I think they focus more on the mids

>he thinks K240 are neutral

>he thinks DT990 focus on the mids

where i sayed a akg k240 is a neutral you idiot?
i sayed
>i don't like neutral headphones.
not
>i don't like neutral headphones(like k240s)

ps.
k240monitor, studio, mkii, 600ohm? you sayed >k240

Have you heard neutral headphones? If so, which ones?

>cant go wrong with some mdr7506
uncomfortable

Auray Sheepskin pads fix that.

a-ha-ha-ha with animy reaction image seventeen! he said he THINKS my dude. he said he literally DOESNT have experience with them but he BELIEVES they focus on the mids. just correct him. just politely correct him, if you want to correct the record. underage little brat dirtbag i make jams my dude im famous & you agonize over the eq response of several different headphones. fucken loser, slap the shit outta you

i hearded from neutrals a k240 600ohm and k550 mk1 and mk2, shure srh 240, and for me neutrals is a m220 with dt990 pads

>he calls others underage while typing like he's underage

tee-hee! its a conscious decision ma man i mastered the language ten years ago & now im jus takin liberties learn to cope

Satania a cute. A cute!!

>and for me neutrals is a m220
An M220 is a K240 with a different paintjob, and it is not close to neutral. You clearly do not know what neutral is, therefore your statement "I don't like neutral headphones" was incorrect.

Underaged anime goon, please go

eh most of us here already have other headphones, the 6xx would just be another one to the collection at a nice bargain so I'm excited for it but no rush.

this is assuming I get one of the 7500 units. I wonder how this will go.

get one of those page monitor extensions or something, I do really enjoy the color of the 6xx and the 3.5mm cable

>under $100
most of your options would be on-ear or close to it.

for ASMR you want something full-sized. Definitely open headphones too. Up your budget to $250 or whatever the price is now is now to get the K7XX when it's available again on Massdrop, great value.

< $100 is going to be too much a compromise in some area or the other

>ASMR
HD600. Best midrange ever is what's gonna allow you to feel the texture of string instruments and voices down to microscopic leve.

HD558