/spg/ - Smartphone General - Still Waiting for Nokia Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Moto X4 Not Launching on June 30; Moto Z2 May Get Unveiled This Month
gizmochina.com/2017/06/26/moto-x4-not-launching-june-30-moto-z2-may-get-unveiled-month/

Source: Pixel 2 ‘walleye’ and ‘taimen’ Specifications Revealed
xda-developers.com/source-pixel-2-walleye-and-taimen-specifications-revealed/

Samsung Galaxy Note8 launches late September for nearly €1,000
venturebeat.com/2017/06/23/samsung-galaxy-note8-launches-late-september-for-nearly-e1000/

Sony Xperia L1 review: Level one-GSMarena review
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l1-review-1624.php

Speed Test - OnePlus 5 vs HTC U11 vs Galaxy S8 - Snapdragon 835 Edition
youtube.com/watch?v=9LnohX8G3vQ

Camera Shootout - City at Night - HTC U11 vs Galaxy S8 vs Google Pixel vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5NsV88C1w&feature=youtu.be

Grab an LG V20 for as low as $355
gsmarena.com/grab_an_lg_v20_for_as_low_as_355-news-25818.php

Deal: Grab an LG G5 for under $260 in US
gsmarena.com/deal_grab_an_lg_g5_for_under_260_in_us-news-25752.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.envirofone.com/buy/sony/xperia-x
matkapuhelinfoorumi.fi/threads/lenovo-p2-32-gt-dual-sim.114239/
m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_651698.html
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/6/26/15872832/nokia-6-hmd-global-amazon-july-2017-229
sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/brands_0628xiaomi.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm currently using an s4 mini while waiting for the note 8.

Feels kinda nice having such a small phone, I end up using it solely for communication and not browsing the web etc.

When are snapdragon 660 phones going to be announced?

I'm considering an iPhone 6S, but I haven't actually tried one. I have a few questions:

Is it true that you can't download files from the internet to the iPhone's storage without jailbraking?
I am considering the iPhone mostly because of it's good user experience, such as having little touch latency and smooth animations.
Are there any Android phones that match iPhone's touch latency?

Is OnePlus 5 broken by design? Do you guys get the Wifi working?

From OP
>It is likely that the delayed arrival of Moto X4 is because Qualcomm is struggling to fulfil the demand of Snapdragon 660 that is expected to power a couple of mid-range phones including the Moto X4.

Oppo R11 already came out with the SD660, sounds like we'll be seeing more phones with it in the coming months. There's Moto X4, Samsung Galaxy C10 and Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 / Mi6c, all rumored to have the SD660.

oh the moto g4 play I bought for my dad arrived and it feels and looks pretty sexy, no lag everything smooth
did not expect that for 100€
and it's thin enough

it makes me question why I should ever spend like 800€ on a phone (if I don't care about gaymes and shit)

Is the Redmi 4X a good replacement for my aging 1+1? The resolution is lower of course (which I don't mind) but it seems better in every other way? Do Xiaomeme devices have poor ROM development scenes?

You shouldn't
Onòy people which play too much with their phone or that need to show off how much disposable income they can waste in stuff like this need that stuff

Most Xiaomi phones have great ROM development scenes, but for some reason the 5" Redmis seem to get way less developed for them than the Redmi Note phones. So get a Redmi Note 4X / 4 Global if that's what you want.

>it makes me question why I should ever spend like 800€ on a phone
Good, you're breaking the conditioning

Say I want:

>Snapdragon 625 minimum or competitor alternative
>Battery at least 3500mAh
>AMOLED screen
>NFC
>Fingerprint Scanner
>USB-C
>Will work in the UK

What's the absolute cheapest phone that fits all these requirements?

Lenovo P2 for £200 from Three, has everything you listed except USB-C.

I wonder if there are specific phones I should get if I listen to music 24/7
or if every phone has kinda the same sound quality

it depends really. i have money for a 2 year-30$/monthly contract and it just so happens that a galaxy s7 is free with it.

htc has the best DAC if im not mistaken

shop.envirofone.com/buy/sony/xperia-x

is this the best thing i could get for £150? Or a new G4 play would be better for the same price?

And if you absolutely need USB-C then Moto Z Play, too bad you missed it being on sale for 249€

>Nokia 9
>full metal body, no stupid meme glass back
>QHD
>dual lens 22MP camera, hoping the second one is a telephoto
>fuckhuge battery
>IP68
Move the fuck up Nokia, I want that phone, and I need it now!

Yes you can't open your downloaded files unless you install appropriate apps. For example, if you try to download a zip file through Safari, you will need Documents app. The user experience is bretty gud but it all comes down to personal preference, you might want to have torrenting capabilities and such. I recommend borrowing an iPhone from one of your friends and try it out on the spot.

Alright, I'll try to find someone who has one.

Axon 7, HTC 10 and LG V20 all have great DACs

Redmi Note 4 Global

It's 5.5, i'm looking for a 5" phone

Bq aquaris x has almost all of those except for the battery.

looking for a new phone since my current one is old and dying. i did a bit of research but i don't know enough to come up with a good decision:

- needs to work with sprint cdma/lte
- i prefer a fingerprint reader (can live without though)
- must be able to root
- preferably nonbloat rom or something i can replace easily

my family uses samsung, right now i have a galaxy s5 but the manufacturing quality doesn't seem the best and it came installed with a lot of bloat that i had to remove. good idea to avoid samsung?

What is the best lont term phone I can get in EU for around 300 Euros?
I need good battery, decent SoC, at least 32GB of memory adn good modding support, so it can live like my G2 for 3 years (it died on me randomly two days ago, i'll miss him)
I was looking at Le eco Max 2, zuk z2 pro or the Axon 7 on chinese shops, but i fear it being a fake
What you suggest?

Downloaded and applied L Speed and it's pretty much quadrupled my standby battery life. Colour me extremely surprised.

Is this thing widely known? I just stumbled upon it in the XDA app.

Just got a OnePlus 3T from my friend for 100$. It is basically brand new and it is amazing. Way better than my Nexus 5X.

>100$
did he realise he could have easily got $300 for it?

HTC 10, it's $240 from Sprint

Can iOS Safari play webms ?

Mi5 / Mi5s
Moto G5 Plus
Oneplus 3 / 3T

Redmi Note 4X or Moto G5?

thanks i'll check it out

Redmi Note 4 Global

Planning on buying the Nokia 5.

Or is there something better for the same price (or less)

please kek bless me with the answer

OP3/3t are not at that price range
Moto G5 is nice but not that great, by specs are be lower than zuk or le eco
Mi5/s seem gud but last time i tried to mod xiaomi stuff i ended up wasting about 6 hours and days waiting for them, have they gotten better at this, also seems to be a bit expensive

if you find it at 150£ it seems like a pretty gud deal

OP3T can be had for 350€ from Gearbest, also you can probably find OP3/3T at around 300-350€ if you buy used. In terms of modding support they're the best choice.

And the best part is he sold it to me because he was switching from T-Mobile to AT&T and didn't realize that it would still work perfectly fine on AT&T.

yeah but my cap is 300 soooooooooo
Stil if i find it used at 300 It's a deal
Care to give an opinion on Le Eco or Zuk ?

>LG (LoopsGood)
kek

Both are fine, modding support isn't as good as Oneplus or Xiaomi but there's ROMs available for both (LeEco has official LineageOS too)

Moto G5+ or Lenovo P2? The P2's battery is really, really attractive. How are Lenovo for support longterm? Even if they stop supporting it, will there likely be roms (lineage etc) for this phone?

Both are fine, modding support isn't as good as Oneplus or Xiaomi but there's ROMs available for both (LeEco has official LineageOS too)

How is the battery efficiency with snapdragon 625 vs 660?

Can you order it to Finland?

No, unless you have a friend in the UK who can ship it to you

Where can i buy S8+ in EU (unlocked) and pay with PayPal?

fuckk, that phone is literally hard to get.

It was sold by Verkkokauppa.com for a while so it might be worth it keeping eyes on Tori.fi, huuto.net etc. if a used one shows up for sale.

One got sold just a few days ago
matkapuhelinfoorumi.fi/threads/lenovo-p2-32-gt-dual-sim.114239/

SD625 is more efficient as it's using low power A53-cores while the SD660 is using high power Kryo 260 cores.

Lenovo (which owns Motorola too) are pretty shit with updates, they do update most of their phones but they take ages to release the updates. Moto G5+ will get Android O 100% guaranteed but The P2 is an older phone so it might not get it.

Moto G5+ already has plenty of ROMs available, it has an unofficial LineageOS which will eventually become an official build. (All the Moto phones have great ROM support). The P2 doesn't have as good ROM support but there's still quite a few ROMs available.

I'd also check out Redmi Note 4 Global, it also has the SD625 SoC and a 4100mah battery. The Dev build of MIUI gets weekly updates and Xiaomi is still updating phones it's released in 2012. There's also plenty of custom ROMs available for it on XDA.

>huawei p9
>take outoors pic
>great quality
>take a badly lit conventions pic
>bad quality, even worse if movement is involved
>take 1080p video
>noticeably better quality than indoors pic but worse than outdoors

why?

does higher megapixel count make the picture worse in bad lighting?

my 14mp pics are like 6000x4000 vs the 1080p video

In aliexpresss redmi note 4 32gb/3gb model will be for sale for 120€. Is 3gb enough ram and 32gb enough storage with android+apps now days?

Have you tried different the camera modes/settings to see if it improves?

Ah okay, thanks!
Cool, I'll give that a look.

Snapdragon or Mediatek version? 3gb ram and 32gb is still fine, especially with expandable storage

snapdragon

yeah.

night mode actually worsens it at bad indoors lighting, funnily enough

Because it's dark. You need to increase ISO and keep shutter speed above at least 1/30.

Thanks dude! Is a HTC 10 still viable? I also need it for work so I am on it all day with calls, emails and shit posting.

I'm having a hard time sorting through phones with dual active sims, can anyone give me advice on what to call them to better find them? I've been looking for one to combine my work phone and personal phone so I don't have to carry two around.

What's wrong with this phone again? Thinking of getting it. Seems like the only best option for flagship phones out right now.

Is there a manual mode or something like that?

Other than not having a headphone jack, nothing. It's HTC's best phone in a long time.

>Alexa preinstalled
>dated skin
>fails JerryRigEverything's durability test
Literally unusable

On thw market for a new amart phone.
what does g recommend?
Price range is from 300-500 and would like something really really slim

Yes it's still very viable. Battery life isn't the greatest but otherwise it's still a great phone

country / carrier?

>It's made out of glass and the frame is flexible.
>It's missing the 3.5mm jack.
Atleast they include the best earbuds with a phone so far.
Measuring the ear canal and applying a counter equalizer is some innovation.
>It has average bezels
>No stereo front facing speakers

I'm considering getting it for the sound innovation alone, the only thing that keeps me away is the build quality and the price.

I don't think it's a worthy upgrade to the legendary One m8. Not without stereo front facing speakers or a full metal body.

Is there an app for iPhone that monitors my PC at home and possibly able to shut it down if need be? I'm googling now but I figured I'd ask here.

Nevermind, found it.

Poorfag coming in with a Samsung Avant

How do I fix this? I just restarted my phone and its already using so much memory. It wasn't like this before. Would deleting shit from my phone fix this? No apps were open when I took the screenshot

UK, Vodafone

Make that 200-350 range, 5.2" max

V20, G5, 3T, or a Xiaomi?

>Vernee Mars Pro
Thoughts about this phone? Seems too good to be true.

m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_651698.html

>something really really slim
>200-350 range, 5.2" max

Galaxy S6, 6.8mm thin
Galaxy S6 Edge, 7mm
Huawei P9, 7mm
Huawei Nova, 7.1mm
Huawei P10 Lite, 7.2mm
Xiaomi Mi5, 7.3mm
Honor 8, 7.5mm
Huawei P8 Lite 2017, 7.6mm
iPhone SE, 7.6mm
Moto G5 Plus, 7.7mm
Sony Xperia X, 7.7mm
Galaxy A5 2017, 7.9mm

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/6/26/15872832/nokia-6-hmd-global-amazon-july-2017-229

>nokia 6 coming to the US 7 months after being released
wow, I sure am excited for their flagship to come in 2019

Doogee Mix is better

My s4 is dying and we are literally one day from 1+5 release.

Why should I or should I not grab one? The speed tests are impressive and I need a 3.5 headphone jack for my square

Is there anything better than a 6/64 OP3T at 350Eur?

But way more expensive.

It's $179.99 too

Xiaomi Mi6
sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/brands_0628xiaomi.htm

>no 3.5 mm
T R A S H E D

Just picked up a op3t for cheap (~$200 USD new)
What should I be aware of that isn't obvious

how
also you can make it Daydream compatible, look it up online

Mate of mine runs a computer store in Melbourne, was clearing stock for OP5

any recommended apps? just found out shareit phones home to china kek

if you install one of those file browsers in the app store you can open a file in a specific app (of course if the app supports it) from the file browser?

also, can you make folders and move files with it?

i have a choice realistically between an LG g6 and a samsung s8 plus every other phone i could get is either crap or icrap which one should i get

Probs G6, I personally never liked samsung, expecially last years, look up the specs if you care about those

LG G6

Help Sup Forums, S7 edge suddenly started displaying horizontal black/grey lines. Phone worked fine for over a year and now it happened. Google shows that other people had this issue as well. Turning brightness to max with auto brightness on fixes it but I don't want to walk around with max brightness on. What do?

>tfw bought a galaxy s8+ on friday night
>it still hasn't shipped yet
goddamn i'm so obsessively wondering when it will ship

if you ordered it from amazon they have gone to shit when it comes to notifying their tracker about updates on time

might have already shipped out BTH

nah i bought it from samsung.com

i'm refreshing the order and still nothing

probably will ship by this evening

Can anyone recommend something to remote into my phone (Android) and configure it from my comp? And not Teamviewer?