Django appreciation thread

In this thread we say thank you to the best web frame work in the world.

Thank you django.

Thank you django!

Thank you, Rails

too much fat, even installing it is a pain
flask is better

>web
>frame work

No.

"pip3 install django" is hard?

fucked up when I tried to install it because of all the dependencies

t.brainlet

Just a reminder django scales very well.

I use it and I fucking hate it, it's only relevant for small and easy project where you want to save time, it's not really useful for long term projects

Find its whole folder structure pretty unwieldy and handling backend logic through models just feels odd to me.

I am seasoned Python developer in the data science world, however recently I got into javascript and mainly fron-end stuff. Does JS and React go well with Django ? Or is there whole another stack that is better fitted for it ?

>wat is MVC

Made a E-commerce/E-marketplace site for a client that gets 50,000 hits a day . Works flawlessly with what you mentioned and it has had no performance issues, I have no hate for django as it works perfectly once you understand it.

Thats great ! thanks

When I have to mix data science code to feed a server I use zeromq to send the data I need.

That way you can integrate your code to whatever server or language the backend people are using.

Flask is fine if you have a simple setup, you can follow the same established MVC principles and there's less moving parts so I use it for my blog and running scripts on my server via web browsers for the front end

>django
>not flask or pyramid
u fuggin wot lads? thot this was a technology website

Devops meme engineer here. I write web apps sometimes when needed, usuallly smaller crud apps where performance is not a concern and there's hardly ever concurrent users.

Back in the day I was a prolific code igniter dev (php), so not new to web dev, but certainly not up to date.

I tried to use django, but it pissed me off every step of the way. I felt like everything from routes to orm was too manual. I switched to rails and haven't looked back. Rails does things for you automatically and you can very quickly produce a POC/MVP, you can then override all that auto magic as needed.

Can anyone who has used both professionally compare them? I would prefer to use Python since everyone in my department can use it but hardly anyone is comfy with Ruby like I am. Note I work with mostly systems engineers who aren't trained programmers and Python is their first and only language they use for scripting.

thank mr django

Oh, you're one of those retards that writes everything from scratch in C, including the stdlib. Nice bugs, yo.

Thank you, Phoenix

I'd use you if you had a better name.