Massdrop

>massdrop

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/samsung-850-evo-500gb-2-5-inch-sata-iii-internal-ssd
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00OBRE5UE/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_new=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just went there to check it.
massdrop.com/buy/samsung-850-evo-500gb-2-5-inch-sata-iii-internal-ssd

I have been looking for stuff to buy there, but they are always fucking expensive. Did anyone actually buy anything from there?

I bought some meme keyboard from them a year or so ago. Keycool or something. Never went back because I won't log in just to see what they have going.

If you buy easy to find shit like that on massdrop you're retarded.

They have some weird fuckups with price but the stuff in the tech section can be worth it. I've bought a freesync 144hz 1ms monitor for $200 shipped from them, and then the Sennheiser hd6xx which were the equivalent of thehd650s for 199.

Some of the stuff is worth it. You have to compare prices (you should do this anyway) since they have users who are dumb enough to think Massdrop is always the lowest price

yeah, massdrop was cool till I actually took one second and searched what the prices on Amazon were, literally meme store that takes +2 months to ship

Just join my HD6xx drop you gaijin!

Paid $115 for the 500gb evo last year fuck off

The concept of Mass Drop is to justify a production run, which for the producer means lower costs so they can give a better deal. But the business model makes no god damn fucking sense when you apply it to commodity goods that will be mass produced regardless.

No because someone in the comments usually gives an amazon link that's cheaper. I just use it to check out a brief list of stuff I might be interested in. Basically, window shopping.

they used to have good prices before the place got taken over by normies with daddy's money

now all they do is dump shitty "artisan" hipster shit for ridiculous prices, and I don't blame them. got to be making bank off these idiots.

I thought it was to get a group together to buy from a manufacturer at wholesale price, with the sacrifice being the shipping time.

>won't let you browse the site without logging into social shit

That's a different way of phrasing the same thing. Wholesale price is cheaper because the factory can justify a large production run.

My only massdrop purchase. As long as you're ok with shipping times and actually getting a decent deal it's a good service, but I usually end up purchasing on Amazon for that sweet 2-day shipping.

It doesn't really work for mass produced things like Samsung SSDs though
There is now way that even 100 people buying two SSDs each could beat Amazon in purchasing power.

I thought the purpose of massdrop was to get stuff with small production runs by pledging to buy ahead of time

>buying shit that's commonly available on massdrop
Fucking newfag
You only buy rare shit off massdrop
Like a polished kawaiken with bamboo scales

I made an account a while ago, and tried to buy a pair of AKG Q701s. I ended up buying them off of amazon, since they only had 2 or so pairs every time they had some in, and since they were roughly the same price.

I never tried buying anything else, since everything else is either reddit tier overpriced things where you can buy an aliexpress generic for a quarter of the price, or Art of Manliness consumer masculinity tier shit for soylent drinking cuckolds.

They used to be cheap a few years ago. I bought some outdoor gear from them. They exclusively sell a Klymit inflatable sleeping pad at a very good price, and a cheaper price of shipping than Amazon to NZ. Haven't bought anything else from them since.
This.

I bought Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6xx (HD650) for $214.99 shipped.

Seeing as they cost $312 used (pic related) and $375 new, I think it was a great deal.

k7xx $200.00 (massdrop exclusive. 1st run)
modmic 4.0 $45.00 (saved like $5.00) ┓(゚ペ;)┏
m9xx $500.00 (massdrop exclusive. 2nd run)
sennheiser random earbud $28.00 (got the middle one)

I've since got much better headphones and sold the k7xx. They're great headphones and are perfectly good for any kind of music but they were just a bit lacking in the bass department for me, and most importantly, they were just too damn loose on my head.

modmic's are the shit. still works 10/10.

m9xx perfect DAC/AMP for me. Love the 2 HP outputs and the RCA's run my monitors. However, if you have hard-to-drive headphones m9xx won't work for you. Should do most ~250ohm HP fine.

senn random earbud had 0 bass; gave to brother.

Overall, it seems Massdrop has consistenly been going down the last 2 years. They had the Fostex TH-X00 and the Senn 6xx both of which are great, but everything else is extremely underwhelming. And as far as the "deals" go, I haven't seen something on massdrop that wasn't cheaper somewhere else in a long time.

You misunderstand, you get massive price reduction when buying straight from a manufacturer in bulk.
If you buy it normally then a warehouse applies their markup and then a shop applies their markup.
Anyway, it doesn't work in reality so who cares.

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00OBRE5UE/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_new=true

It's the same price though.

A gmail account is social media now?

I requires a telephone number to register a new jewmail account now.

I bought a $550 RooR recycler from them back when they did pot smoking stuff. paid $299.

Also got an electric dab nail from them for $180, full price was like $250.

Got a space titanium grinder for $45. Full price $80.

Got a K70 RGB back when they were $170 for $130.

Got a Mauviel M250c 10" skillet for $150 full price is $255-300 (hard to find regularly)

etc, etc.

Not everything on Massdrop is a good deal, but if you look around and wait for the good deals, they do show up.

>And as far as the "deals" go, I haven't seen something on massdrop that wasn't cheaper somewhere else in a long time.
Just last week I got a $250-300 copper pan for $150.

I could sell it today for $200 easily, and likely more than that. Just gotta shop around

>, I think it was a great deal.
6XX are using seconds drivers. that means they're shittier.
you could have bought the real thing.

I bought Beyerdynamic 770s a few years back when maplebucks were on par with the USD because nobody had adjusted the price in Canada and shipping them was cheap enough to make it worthwhile. Haven't bothered to look since.

Is this fake image from google? Did you really buy fucking copper pan for 150? hahahahhahahahahahhahahahah

Why would you buy a copper pan for $100 you fucking retard?

I've bought some keycaps off massdrop. They occasionally have some good deals on keycaps sets that are tough to get in stock otherwise.

Only real issue is that it takes like 3 months from order to delivery.

You guys have no idea what copper is worth obviously lol

I could literally sell this pan TODAY for $200-250 without issue.

Copper is less than 3$/lb and the shittiest material for a pan. Massdrop hipsters need to off themselves.

lol what. You're memeing me right?
No one in their right mind would spend that much on a pan right?

Not him, but my parents are getting old, so they gave me their old, heavy copper pots and pans that were shipped from Italy years ago. I look up the companies now, and new equivalents for each piece would probably sell for $300-$450.

>buying a sennheiser
Their quality on higher priced headphones is so laughably bad, you could've bought a superlux instead.

Amazon does buy from manufacturers in bulk. What else would they do?

And then what's the difference? Massdrop and the guy behind the offer taking a share, or Amazon taking a share.

got a couple of mech keyboards one on the actual price but was able to get it for sure since it was a limited run and the other a few dollars cheaper and at the time was hard to get one.
It's a great site to window shop like some user said but unless it's some weird offer or something they are getting as a exclusive you probably can get a better price elsewhere.

Tell me your thoughts on mechanical keyboards.

>the shittiest material for a pan
...lol?

It's literally the most thermally conductive metal to use besides silver which no one but the uber rich would bother with.

It's by far the best material that is affordable to use for pans, it's very common.

>what's the difference
None. But there was supposed to be some difference.

>$40
>for a fucking top
ok what the fuck is up with all the trash on this site, it's literally full of tops who the fuck buys this trash

same people who memed fidget spinners into popularity

copper is pretty good for cookware but I honestly don't think solid copper is worth the price. poor price to performance. much cheaper pans perform exactly the same

>. poor price to performance. much cheaper pans perform exactly the same
name one.

This is 2.5mm copper with .1mm stainless lining.

At $150, this pan was the same price as a 7 layer all-clad Stainless steel pan. But copper not only looks better, has higher resale value, but it is simply a better thermal conductor on top of it all.

Grody. But not that awful I guess. Keycaps are rounded a bit too much and its got the 90's gray goin on.

I have the Corsair K70 in Reds with blue backlight. Media keys, and USB passthrough. 10/10

>buying cheap tops

enjoy your low-quality, short lived spins

so this is the first ive heard of this site. In the end, is it worth it for deals, or not?

it doesn't cost you anything to join, just wait around for something you actually need/want and order it if it's cheaper than buying it from somewhere else.

It's great for some niche stuff, just plain bad for other stuff.

It all depends what you plan on buying

>those fucking "deals" that keep coming back every other week
Like those inked posters
Just turn into a fucking e-shop already and bring better deals on just a handful of items once a month or something
Massdrop's turned into such a fucking joke over the past year

since I notice they sell a lot of weird inventions and electronic shit, have they ever sold a calculator with mechanical keyboard keys? Does such a thing exist?

It's like you guys have never shopped at Costco.

>It's like you guys have never shopped at Costco.
And with luck, we won't have to.

they were a lot better until they started trying to be more investor friendly (when they stopped selling the vapes/grinders/etc and price cuts got less dramatic)

>6XX are using seconds drivers
[citation needed]

And they were manufactured in Europe, which is more than you can say for literally any other headphone (including Sennheiser's new headphones).

Bought a FiiO E10K DAC for 50 bucks 2 years ago

>assdrop

>massdelay
FTFY

and can't be used on an induction top so it's useless for me.

I bought Kanto YU3 (speakers) from there during Black Friday or something for $170, while they were going for over $300 on Amazon and their own site.
Deals like that on Massdrop are really rare though, I'm not sure how they stay in business to be honest.

>memedrop

It can with an adapter, but what kind of chef uses induction anyway? Gas is pretty much always the fuel of choice.

Lately they're putting extra long expected ship times and usually it ships way earlier. Of my last 3 purchases 2 shipped out a week earlier than they had thought, one shipped 2 weeks early.

>m9xx $500.00 (massdrop exclusive. 2nd run)
why in the fuck do people flock to this meme amp/dac?

there is literally no reason to own these meme amps other than saying you wasted money. if it's transparent and gets loud that is all an amp has to do. maybe some more ports or convenience features would be worth spending a little more but not multiple times more. there are many