Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums
I bought a computer with noports except Thunderbolt 3 and I need a docking station type thing.
Gigabit Ethernet and HDMI are a must. SD card reader is optional but if it's included it better be decently fast, like 70MB/s read/write. Power delivery not important. Would highly prefer something that has all the ports on the same side (pic related) over a hub configuration with ports pointing every-which-way.

this isn't your personal tech support
this isn't a place for you to shop for tech
fuckoff and kys yourself to sleep already you retarded shitposting faggot

that one looks great. Also, check what Anker has... they're cheap but good.

Anker looks pretty good, all the ports I care about are on the same side so that's good.

Does nobody review these things? I'd like to know if the gigabit Ethernet port and SD card reader work at a decent speed.

>$250
>requires DC power brick
No thanks

no idea about reviews but Anker was started by ex-google guy and they claim they do a lot of testing.

I'd only trust Apple and Anker with USB-C and lots of ports.

>requires DC power brick
Where do you it gets the 100W power from retard

Try again but this time more English

>Anker

i bought a lot of there products and they are pretty sturdy and well designed. Its worth the extra in cost because i know i will get some thing with quality and not fall a port or not work. Some cheap type c cables i had only worked in one direction which defeated the purpose. So i spend a little more and been getting Anker.

Speaking of docks and dongles is there nothing that actually adds a number of extra USB Cs?

I got a 2016 Macbook recently and thought I may as well ask here. You can get a whole bunch of docks like OP which give you the old USBs but why is there nothing that is just with more USB Cs? Is it to do with the standard or something that it can't be split?

You do realise Anker is literally just rebranded chinese shovelware? It's shit, that's what it is. Decently priced shit, but the QC sucks ass on these things and production standards are low.

The powerbrick is actually a feature as it'll load your device while powering the other ports as well. It does drive up the price immensely though.

>but why is there nothing that is just with more USB Cs?
It's called a hub.

/thread

It requires a power brick to work, not just to deliver power. There are plenty of docks that work using the port's power. If I'm on the go and want to plug a 5V 1A harddrive it's idiotic to be tethered to a power outlet.

This one adds 1. You're meant to daisy-chain USB C 3.1 and Thunderbolt 3 devices anyway.

>"NO! I insist on using devices the way I ALWAYS HAVE! ALL DIFFERENCES ARE BAD!"

What are you trying to say? TB3 devices are meant to be daisy-chained, it's in the spec.

Only dock you'll ever need.

Yeah, I was just mocking the other guy for being stuck in an inflexible antiquated paradigm. It's where most people's real problem with Apple products happens, I think: a complete inability to unlearn something and try something new.

A hub is easier to use than daisy-chaining, you can connect or disconnect any device without disconnecting the other devices further down the chain. However with TB3 it's just not possible to meet spec with a hub, unless that hub is has a CPU and more Thunderbolt controllers...

This one by IOGear looks good

Why so many reviews of these things say they break after a few months?

Hey man I came back to this thread and you are pretty retarded to interpret what I was posting as
>"NO! I insist on using devices the way I ALWAYS HAVE! ALL DIFFERENCES ARE BAD!"
I barely even mentioned what I was doing.

Thanks for actually providing an answer, is there a reason for this?

>Apple users need to buy a million dongles for basic functionality

Because it does.

octa core style connect box why bother

>is there a reason for this?
My guess is other than the pass-through it'll get ridiculously expensive to support all the specs in multiple ports.