I need a small device with real keyboard

I need a small device with real keyboard.
Can I get anything better than Psion Gemini?

indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone#/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote
liliputing.com/2017/06/gpd-pocket-7-inch-windows-laptop-is-now-available-for-500-no-crowdfunding-required.html
kicad-pcb.org/
digikey.com/products/en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>gpd shill
there is the gpd win, and the new gpd ...pocket?... both have a hardware keyboard and the second a more suitable for writing.

there, I even did you're advertizing, now leave and never come back.

>indiegogo.com

not even once.

just get the new blackberry

The win is outdated and arguably not even relevant to OP and the pocket is fucking garbage

>both have a hardware keyboard
Both of these keyboards are shit.
I'm looking forward for that Gemini because previous Psions had the best mobile keyboards ever.

Blackberry passport/classic/priv/keyone

I have large hands. I remember that these small keys on previous blackberries were garbage.
I want a mobile device with real keyboard. For fucks sake! Why nobody sells these? Even fuckinbg Netbooks are dead now.

bet this is more powerful

Now I just need to hock this on Kickstarter and make millions

You need a really bad case of sausage fingers to have a problem with the passports keyboard.

P y r a
y
r
a

Just, thought the same. if you want something for an android device there are a shitload of keyboards out there. most come with bluetooth these days but I got pretty much the same like in your picture with classic usb connector to tablets OTG.

It doesn't have hinges also
>Android
NO!
ARM Linux or Windows/Linux Dual boot.
Plus FULL SIZE USB ports.

>Win is outdated
>Pocket has the same SoC but isn't
What?

Pyra isn't out!
I was waiting patiently.
Now they can go fuck themselves.
It's the same German snake oil like Neo900.

Sorry, the pocket is outdated AND fucking garbage

That wasn't a suggestion that was ridicule. Pointing out the fact that people like you pay up to $600 for devices like these with the same (or less) hardware capabilities as a smartphone and a $20 chink keyboard

>outdated
literaly new devices, so new actual support landed just recently in linux kernel.

>garbage
yeah, great argument you got there pal. (intel botnet is garbage, though)

Got you covered, OP

What's the point of a cherry trail gaymen device?
What's the point of a $600 text editor with bad ergonomics?
Why do "great and innovative ideas" like these have to be fueled by half a million dollars of millennial allowance instead of making success on their own product?

wow those bezels are worse than the pyra
impressive

I'd suggest either a ~12" laptop or some Blackberry phone if BBOS or Android is fine. Anything between those is just awkward to type on because it's too small for regular touch-typing with all fingers and too big for typing with thumbs.

Show me a smarthone with full sized USB ports, HDMI and unlocked bootloader so that you can install any OS onto it.

It would be nice to be able to connect to the Internet and don't lose everything once the battery dies out.

You mean a dongle

Too bad they don't make em anymore because every faggot wants touchscreen phones for everything.

for the record , it has non volatile memory

>What's the point of a cherry trail gaymen device?
PC games anywhere
>What's the point of a $600 text editor with bad ergonomics?
Editing text

why are you answering with easy to answer questions? Why should I even take time to answer such obvious question?

POCKET IS 600 USD?!
Are they retarded?
I can get a Netbook for less than 80.

The netbook also can't be pocketed.

>The netbook also can't be pocketed.
How old are you?

intel tax

I wouldn't really count that as a netbook

If I didn't hate Sony I would totally get a Vaio.

See That thing is even more expensive

>being this retarded
Fuck the logo, if it works for you, it works for you.

$50 tablets often have at least the latest atom CPUs

Nah.
The cheapest tablets with the same SoC start at 250 bucks and those are literary chink shit too, but even worse quality.

But he's right, get a switch for gaymes and have better gaymen or get a chromebook for office and save $500
They're both either bad or have a cheaper similar device that wrecks it

They were always overpriced to hell.
Fuck Apple and fuck Sony.

what if I wanted to run a ordinary linux distro or even windows?

Again, fuck the logo. If it works, it works.

Buy used if you don't want to support evil companies.

I'm not OP but I'd love to have a pocket word processor with the largest possible keyboard.

>Switch
Can't play Windows games
>Chromebook
Not pocketable

This, there is a reason Sony stopped making Vaio.

Vaios are the most fragile, botnetted Laptops known to man, don't do it.

VAIO still makes VAIO though

Thinkpad X61 for 82 USD?

Why does it need to be pocketable but not a smartphone? I don't think there is much use for that, can you explain your usecase? Genuinly intrested

>Psion Gemini
If only it had something like core m.

Damn this keyboard looks fucking sexy. It reminds me jornada 720.

but again with some old ass arm cpu its 250$ max with wifi only.

Looks kewl. I'll check ebay.

Because I don't want a cellphone OS and want to carry it in my pocket. It's nice being able to use desktop applications.

Unfortunately, and they continued the bad design ideas.

>but not a smartphone?
No physical keyboard.
No real OS.

>Unfortunately
What's the issue? Nobody's forcing you to use their products.

>600$ in retail

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

True, I don't really care if you fall for it.

Yeah, but what extra use do you get out of that? Physical keyboard I can understand. I'm still clinging to my passport. But why do you need/want to use desktop applications/ui on such a small device? I really can't understand what you get out of that. Please explain

it's clearly overprized but on the other hand they can be like that because of the lack of competitors.

>Yeah, but what extra use do you get out of that?
A real OS, a real keyboard, and real applications.

>unlocked bootloader so that you can install any OS onto it
Almost all phones have unlockable bootloaders you fucking moron. The reason you can't put Linux on them is drivers.

also, linux is a pain to use on devices without keyboard

>Yeah, but what extra use do you get out of that?
real OS
>But why do you need/want to use desktop applications/ui on such a small device?
Remote work, weeb.
Testing scripts before ssh deployment.
Fixing bugs on the fly.

Like what? What are you capable of doing on a 5-6 inch device with full linux that you can't do on an android? Please give me something other than buzzwords

>Almost all phones have unlockable bootloaders
Bullshit
>also, linux is a pain to use on devices without keyboard
Yeah, that's why I want a keyboard.
It's the same as Android without a physical keyboard.

Idk, I can do that from my phone via ssh.
Not a weeb though, maybe thats the problem?

>What are you capable of doing on a 5-6 inch device with full linux that you can't do on an android?
Test my bash/python/perl/ruby scripts and C/C++ apps

You write shit in terminal using virtual keyboard?
Your time must be worthless.

Sorry, didn't read the testing before deployment part, that could actually be a usecase but I don't think I would like to type long scripts on a tiny keyboard.

>>Almost all phones have unlockable bootloaders
>Bullshit
Okay nigger here's a list for you
Phones with bootloaders that can be looked and verified boot is even supported for third party operating systems:
Nexus 5x
Nexus 6p
Pixel
Pixel XL

Also note how none of these devices runs native linux (only chroot) despite google publishing the drivers/radio seperately. I wonder why that is. Oh, that's right. Because SoC manufacturers like qualcomm only release android drivers for their devices.
On the other hand, the Pyra (which uses a TI OMAP3530 SoC) does run GANOO+LOONIX because the manufacturer supports it. Now go kill yourself for not knowing that.

>looked
unlocked'*
Sent from my Nexus 5x running CopperheadOS.

even word processing or picture manipulation is difficult on android, paying extra money for apps that come somewhat near is possible if you're lucky.

usecase, I work on something on my desktop with the applications I'm used to and can switch over to my pocket device and continue with the same applications and interface without the need to convert and got zero hit on my workflow.

with android... good lord, this can't compare at all.

No, I type on the physical keyboard my phone has. As I said: I get the appeal of a physical keyboard and am still using a BlackBerry Passport.

I think its hard for them to lower price because they are producing in small numbers.

If they were able sell 2-3mln devices they could cut prices.

I still think a laptop would be netter in this case.

but what if I want something light I don't need a backpack for? something I can use in the subway within seconds out of my pocket just like a smartphone but for something useful?

Neo900 mainboard is set to come out this summer maybe wait for that?

Shut the fuck up. These scammers were supposed to release that shit 2 years ago.
This hardware is obsolete now.

en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote

>336 MHz ARM processor
no

>switch
Has no emulators, can't play desktop games. Does it even support piracy yet? Shit controller.
Overall, vita is still better. Rooted Android devices with bloatware removed are better too. And GPD WIN/Pocket is worth if you want to also play desktop games on the go.

It was released around a decade ago.

liliputing.com/2017/06/gpd-pocket-7-inch-windows-laptop-is-now-available-for-500-no-crowdfunding-required.html

Niet. It was released in 2010.
Netbooks with better specs were available in 2007.

Please look up the word 'around'. Perhaps purchasing a dictionary will serve you well.

Not paying 500 bucks for a fucking Netbook.

Kek, not carrying one of these babies in your EDC for maximum comfy, it's like you don't even want to have a good time

If I have to carry a keyboard I might as well carry an entire laptop.

>I might as well carry an entire laptop.
He's almost figured it out guys!

Like?

I have the new blackberry keyone and I really like the keyboard. Never used a blackberry before so can't compare to other blackberries. Took almost no time at all to get used to typing though.

But it has no arrow keys.

>tfw no Blackberry with dedicated punctuation keys for writing scripts/programs

Go solve your own problem.

kicad-pcb.org/
digikey.com/products/en

>filco_minila_air_bluetoot

>small device

>real keyboard

pick one desu, you're not getting both.

>something I can use in the subway within seconds out of my pocket just like a smartphone but for something useful?
I just have this image of you sat on the subway minding your own business, and thinking about what dragon dildo you'll purchase next month, when out of the blue a qt 3.14 girl gets on and sits opposite you! You have to demonstrate your potential as a mate to this alluring maiden, and no mere smartphone shall suffice for this task!

With great effort (why do they make these seats so small? you're not large they just design these for midgets) you manage to extract your UMPC from your trench coat, and carefully open it up. With a wink at the girl (who hasn't looked up yet - damn) you pull on your programming gloves, crack your knuckles (well you try and crack them at least) and lower the brim of your fedora just the tiniest fraction.

You know exactly what you must do your fingers blur as you feverishly type, then they ponderously tap the backspace key, then feverishly give it another go - nope still got some typos in there, shit I hope she didn't notice - glance - nope, still looking elsewhere, and look at that, third times the charm:
pacman -Syu

You can feel her arousal from over here, can already sense the moistness of her panties in the air (although that could conceivably be that derelict in the corner). Better tell mom to cancel your meetings - someone's getting lucky tonight.

Wasn't there an old IBM laptop where the keyboard actually unfurled when you lifted the screen?