Cute tech

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWlZ3B_hq_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

still kinda want one

Seconded, thats the most piece of useful hardware Sony Vaio has ever produced... I used to have one at my old job.

Too bad anything like this is considerd a "collectors item" now and usually the same price they were when they came out.

yep and with the degraded batteries included

get yo self x86 that takes AAs, or fuck it go solar

Super NES mini! coming in september!

I want these but they're pretty useless nowadays, and the ones that the Chinks have made look like complete shit

Man Sony had the best idea with umpcs
I still want either of these
>inb4 some gpd ass book
They look like shit :(

Wonder if you can pull anything off with one of the stronger atoms in these

aww

How useful are these? They look sweet but I don't know if I'd drop money on them

do you have a smart phone? then they are useless. it is an in-between that isn't as portable as a smart phone or useful as a laptop.

Most of this cute tech is just for collector items with very limited used in today technology we have as of now. Just keep using your cell phone and just see old tech as just old tech to ponder.

>$500

that is adorable what is that

GPD Pocket

that's a child's navi

eww gimme pal version or sfc

kek this company makes HPS bulbs for growing weed

Very cool.
>Earthlink
Haven't seen that name in a while.

this looks shooped

kmart tier trash
cute
this is just sad more than anything
not cute but very cool
really embodies mid 2000s tech, dig it
beautiful
definitely cuter but i prefer both designs

>kikestarter hipsters will never try to push a professional yet low-cost monochrome Linux/BSD/FreeDOS palmtop with wireless networking, USB, a well-integrated UI and bundled application suite that gets 2 months out of a pair of AAs and can also be solar powered like
I'm dead inside, my dudes.

if only wasnt retarded overpriced

because they haven't finished the ubuntu version yet

I don't know about paying full price but banggood has the ubuntu version for $400

Gonna get the DM100 model later this year, Will use it to write a book about my adventures on this place.

gotta do crowdsupply for that. would pledge for that

If it weren't for the price just for something that's more of a novelty, I'd totally get a GPD pocket.

Wish tablets didn't kill the already dead UMPC market.

Why aren't there bluetooth keyboards that act like proper docks for tablets in the style of the asus transformers and the like?

Sounds like fun, maybe I can fuck around with the idea as an excuse to refresh my shit-tier CAD skills.
I wonder if you could build something like this on top of an existing SBC platform like a Zero that could plug into it like an expansion card, might even give you upgrade options in the future besides cutting costs.

Designing a proper PCB to keep the thing from looking like pic related and sourcing a decent low-power display sounds like a shit show, though.

Forgot to post the relevant abortion

what is that some rpi abomination

Nintendo is failing so fucking hard that it's scamming hipster faggots and stupid kids that got here too late?

It's not cute, it's gay.

If it's successful on the market there will be a UMPC Renaissance in the coming year, which means the prices will drop and there will be more choices. The new low powered Intel x86 stuff is amazing.

>2013
>linux 2.6.29
wew

user you have a libretto too? is the plastic on yours as brittle as mine?

Yep, the plastic around the hinge especially.

I've got one of those
>had Windows Embedded Compact 7
>installed Android 2.3
>Windows EC7 was actually better
The best use I found for it was an oversized power bank.

This is the closest thing I found, still diy and bad looking, but a cool concept.
youtube.com/watch?v=YWlZ3B_hq_g

Have you seen the pocket chip
Also relevant also an abomination
I hope they release updated chips though so I can upgrade mine

that guy used to post here and make amazing documentation of his projects

aside from the weaboo cringe, i really like how his autism helps him curate every minor detail of his projects

come back, we need more prolific weaboos

Euro here I prefer the American version mosrly for the controllers also fuck Nintendo Europe, USA got all the Nip games we got shit because PAL

Casio Ex-Word and/or Sharp Brain and Papyrus translator memo organiser laptops.

They claim it's a fashion device, all videos show women carrying it in their purses, and the technical specs all say "128GB ROM". It doesn't give off a smart investment vibe.

it's called china

Do these screens really look like in the picture? It looks like e-ink almost.

>USA got all the Nip games
not really, it took forever to get Nosferatu and that "Dracula X" remix or whatever they decided to do instead of a decent port, and we never got Star Ocean

Depends on the "use."

Get a Pyra, it's only 100 bucks more and sucks several times as much.