/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - Buy the 1600 instead
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>i7-7700k - Only for 144hz
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz.
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>AMD GPUs are suffering a lack of stock and Nvidia a rise in price thanks to miners

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen benefits from high speed RAM

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
>The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4k_ErEg-FU
pcpartpicker.com/list/r22r8K
skatteverket.se/foretagochorganisationer/skatter/punktskatter/kemikalieskatt.4.3152d9ac158968eb8fd1f3c.html
adorama.com/us 873786.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/Z7tKTH
pcpartpicker.com/list/BxXYZ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZFFKTH
pcpartpicker.com/list/Nsn8cc
pcpartpicker.com/list/BMcGFd
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vGcGFd
promotions.newegg.com/asus/17-4150/index.html?cm_sp=Homepage-Top2016-_-P3_asus/17-4150-_-//promotions.newegg.com/asus/17-4150/1920x360.jpg&icid=401436
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shopping for new computer
>everything is labeled "WITH JAPANESE CAPACITORS"
What the fuck? Is this the new "military grade" meme?

thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=U4k_ErEg-FU

>7700k
sage in all fields, intelcucks on full damage control

Newbie to pc building here, how is this build? Any pointers?
pcpartpicker.com/list/r22r8K
Ignore monitors/headset

It's because of the cheap chink caps from the early 2000s onwards that would fail after a couple of years, versus Japanese ones that were much better quality. These days the divide is much smaller when comparing quality parts from either, though there's obviously still plenty of cheap chink garbage about. It's just another marketing box that manufacturers feel they need to tick when it comes to PSUs and motherboards.

This is 18+ website. Leave.

So how do I go about keeping back ups? Use wd green? Right now I have around 3tb of storage I need to backup

Need help anons, always been computer hardware illiterate (Not to say I've never built a computer by hand, I've done it twice). Personally I know what the parts do, but not how to balance quality with my wallet.

Main issues I'm having come to a decision:
> Budget is limited at $1,000
> I am not a heavy gamer anymore, but still play resource intensive games like Dwarf Fortress, Eve, Overwatch, etc.
> Computer also needs to be able to handle very very large data processing requests through programs like STATA and excel, I work at a polling agency so there is a lot of data being processed when I finish work at home.

I don't really give a shit about any aesthetic bells and whistles like flashy cases, I just want it to run without catching fire.

What I'm hoping from this build:
> As cheap as possible without sacrificing functionality, I want "good" not "great"
> Reliability, don't want parts wearing out after a year, theoretically I might go overseas so I won't have the easiest or cheapest time getting updates

Thanks for helping a faggot who has no clue what he's doing

Is there any reason not to buy a Ryzen instead of an Intel house fire? I've heard nothing but horror about sky/kaby lake and no complaints about ryzen

What's your favorite 1080 ti model/general Nvidia manufacturer?

What AMD has
>Better prices
>Better performance
>An actual stable architecture
>People who care about their customers

What Intel has
>Greediness
>Rushing products
>Indians
>Jews

Does amd really have better performance? For highly intensive games the 7700k seems way better than the 1800x

In gaming maybe, but in all around purposes the 1800x is better. The 1800x isnt even any better than a 1700 because you can take it and clock it up way past what the 7700k's performance offers whereas the 7700k has been having severe overclocking problems

Yeah but the 7700k is at 80-90% usage and has lower minimum framerates. It also is on a dead socket, Intel isn't releasing any new processors on lga1151, where amd is going to support am4 for the next 5 years or something.

>Bought everything yesterday
>Today some sales seem to drop
I hate myself... Why can't I just figure out when sales happen?

Though, in a few days there's added taxes to electronics, that got me rushed...

>added taxes to electronics
where? source?

Not in the US, but Sweden.
It's something about manufacturing chemicals.

skatteverket.se/foretagochorganisationer/skatter/punktskatter/kemikalieskatt.4.3152d9ac158968eb8fd1f3c.html

"Seems"

On day one. Sure.

Today, not really, the R5-1600X and R7-1700X equal or surpass it now even in its "gaming" category thanks to patching + people knowing how to properly build a Ryzen setup.

>Buy CoolerMaster G550M PSU
>G apparently stands for "Garbage" PSU for 2 years of usage spent most of the times on several RMA

I need a new cheap PSU
anyone here could tell me if Seasonic S12II-520 is a good choice?

ANYONE know where to get a GTX 1080 or a GTX 980TI for REASONABLE PRICES??? The wannabe economists all list their cards for 2 times the regular prices

go for it. Seasonic is great

adorama.com/us 873786.html

>Finally installed windows 7 ultimate on ryzen 1600
>daz loader doesnt work

what can i do to activate it?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Z7tKTH

What I have so far. Gaming/Streaming.

I think I got good ram, but I'm not 100% sure.
Also I can't decide on a CPU cooler. I've heard that the Cooler Master Airmaster with the 8 pipes is one of the best air coolers you can get, but it's kinda pricy compared to a Noctua 15.

why are the 1070s randomly going out of stock suddenly??

Should I get a second gtx 980 or just sell my other one and get a 1070/1080?

Miners

fuck that shit is so annoying...

Also PC specs
i also have Thermaltake SmartSE530W in this price range and XFX TS Core Bronze

change PSU to better quality like EVGA G2 or G3

Will the 1800X (with 1080ti) be able to run Overwatch, FFXIV, WoW, etc. at 1440p/144fps without drops?

I need a PC for school and I can't keep using my work computer. I was going to build a ryzen rig but this GPU shortage is killing me, time is against me with a full blown fall semester approaching. Should I build my ryzen rig and throw a cheap ass graphics card in to get me through school and add a nice graphics card when price drops OR build an intel build and use the integrated graphics. I can't think of any other options.

What do I upgrade first. Also why the fuck is RGB all over everything now?

How is this for gaming?

pcpartpicker.com/list/BxXYZ8

>decide to upgrade memory amount from 8gb to 16gb
>prices on DDR4 memory has doubled over the past 15 months
WHY

>Muh SUPER GRAFIX FATAL3TY GAMER EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA PCI-E MAX LANES RICE

That's why.

>1070
>899.99

Still no great advantage over DDR3 and they are losing sales.

Just wait for ddr5

A G4400 is more than enough for that. So yes, it'll be plenty.

Won't last long. 6 months and mining will be dead again

Because the Japanese ones wont blow up after a year.

Can anyone suggest an SSD to me, please?

>without drops

Nothing can achieve that.

However, the R7-1800X + GTX-1080Ti, and fastest RAM & SSD you can get; will probably get you the closest to your goal.

Ryzen 5 1600
A cheap A320 or B350 mATX motherboard
16GB of DDR4-2666 (or higher) RAM that's on the motherboard's QVL list
a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD (optional)
an RX 560
a $40 mATX non-windowed case
a $50 80+ Bronze/Gold semi-modular PSU by Superflower/FSP/Seasonic
Find the best deals (not necessarily the cheapest parts) and don't hesitate to use those rebates.

>finally install windows 7 ultimate on ryzen after half a day
>go to crack it with windows loader
>says unsupported partition table

any way to fix this without buying a legit key or reinstalling windows?

>no great advantage
Wut?

Their data transfer rates are a couple magnitudes greater though.
Price is up because of huge current demand

>More bullshit from AMD shills
Sure thing familia

No

I'm a slow gamer, it's 2017 and I'm still playing games from 2012-2013. I want to build a new rig at 2020 so I can play games from 2017 and backward at High-Max setting, my budget is 1000$. Please suggest me some build.

You want recommendations on parts from the year 2020?

for gaming, as of now, makes little to no difference at all.

How is the future like my friend?
Did Trump get a second term?

Any help on this?

everything

The Bogs recommend the GTX 2580ti

get vega and zen2

is $204 dollars for a Sapphire Pulse Mini (ITX sized) 570 worth it? Found one from a local PC store. Or should I go with a GTX 970 for almost the same price?

>mfw GTX 660Ti is already $180 here kek

R8 me bros. anything i should know before i pull the trigger, its centered around music production hence 8 cores and 32g ram, and nvme.
its your typical Ryzen build but with cancerous RGB which i will gladly take the hate for.

No

You are buying 300 dollars worth of RAM. Make sure those models are on the QVL.
No GPU? Ryzen has no iGPU.

Make sure the mobo has the latest BIOS update.
My x350 prime wouldn't clock over 2133 stable until a little over a month ago. The ASUS boards were hit hard on the RAM compatibility.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZFFKTH

Howdy Sup Forums! This is the build I have been sitting on for a couple weeks now. I would like few other opinions on some of these components. My biggest concerns are the case and motherboard.

I play a lot of Arma 3, Planetside 2, and Farming Simulator and enjoy streaming here and there. I also use Photoshop and Illustrator fairly regularly. I know Arma 3 is kind of a shitty game for Ryzen, but it has hated all processors I've ever thrown at it. If anyone has some current Arma 3 benchmarks for the 1600 I'd really appreciate a look.

I'd like to overclock to 3.7-3.8 ghz to get some more performance in the games; is the motherboard too cheap for that? Will the average B350 VRMs be capable of those clocks? What if I got a good chip and wanted to go up to 4.0?

The case doesn't have a ton of reviews so I don't know much about it. If anyone has better recommendations I'd be very grateful. I don't want to spend much more than 60 bucks; I want good airflow, a simple design, and a nice side panel window without fan holes.

For the GPU I was planning on an RX580 or GTX 1070; I will use a pretty mediocre 1080p 60hz monitor for a while but would like to upgrade to a 1440p sometime early next year.

I've been out of the PC building loop a while so I need all the feedback I can get. My total budget cannot go over $1100 and I'd like to stay in the $950-1000 range if possible.

Nigga buy that shit and sell on Ebay then buy yourself a 1060 or 1070 when they're available again.

>For the GPU I was planning on an RX580 or GTX 1070
Sucks to be you. These cards are either out of stock or extremely overpriced at the moment. You can try your luck with the restock at the end of June.

ill peep that pretty soon, i assumed they would be since asus and gskillz had a thing for eachother with rgb, and with the gpu im going to go for something under $100. there's no gpu in the build because i cant think of any to use. it was originally suppose to go with 1070 but ETH.

Odd that a G3 650 Watt was cheaper than the 550 Watt, but hey, I ain't complaining.

Still
I know, man.
When I first put that part on the list it wasn't that expensive.
So many bitcoin miners. This shit is getting ridiculous.

Either way, I still have a gtx 970. Not the toppest of the line, but hey it's something.

There has been cases of anons in this thread buying incompatible ram and unable to go above 2133mhz or even POST.

I currently have a Radeon RX 470 4gb GDDR5 that I bought for 140$, prices are around 400-600$ depending where you look now, do I sell and buy something else, if so where do I sell and what is a good replacement for a RX 470

Sell it. Ebay. Craigslist. Anywhere. Do it fast cause Eth is crashing harder than a your mom did on prom night after a couple of beers.

You type like a faggot.

Is this a good richfag build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/Nsn8cc

You can afford a better CPU cooler and not a FE 1080ti

What is a good price to sell at

Depends on where you are living in and who is buying. Check your local hardware swap for a good estimate.

Sell on craigslist to avoid the faggot buyers making a false claim that your product failed and you get jewed

Need to build a system for playing old school RuneScape and driving either two 4K monitors or perhaps two 1440p 144Hz monitors. Other than RuneScape, the heaviest thing I do is some Excel tasks and having quite a few Chrome tabs open. The RS client I use has the ability to use OpenGL acceleration; I'm not sure how much it stresses the GPU

Any recommendations? I was looking at a Skull Canyon NUC but I'm not sure

>richfag
>AMD

Pick one

Yeah it sucks hardcore but at least I don't have to have them right now. I figured I'd just wait a few weeks and eventually find one when the price dips back to normal or below normal.

It will be months before the price goes back to normal unless you buy second hand

How's this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/BMcGFd

You never had a pc shits mobo with stuffed caps

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vGcGFd

Building this for my girlfriend, look alright? I know the PSU is a bit bigger than needed but its on clearance so why the heck not

>Founder's Edition
No

Has anyone here tried to use the G4560 with a strong GPU (say 1070 or 980 Ti) for work/coding/animu and light gaming in 4K ?

>inb4 poor fag, meme cpu

>All liquid Chinese capacitors.

Willing to bet none of those boards still work today.

come back and let me know how those fans look
any footage anywhere?
why those fans?

I'm so glad that this shit, noname boards, Tomato, etc don't exist anymore.

Give me a better 1080 ti model then

There are some poor people around the world, and they have soldering irons.
And capacitors.

Asus Strix

It's out of stock. Is there anything particularly bad about the founder's if I've got money to burn?

Founder's Edition run hotter and louder than aftermarket cards. Oh and at a lower clock speed as well. The only reason to ever buy them is because they are out in the market first (~1 month before aftermarket cards hit) or you are planning to install your own custom cooling loop.

Get the i7 X series when it comes out with one of these gay mobos

promotions.newegg.com/asus/17-4150/index.html?cm_sp=Homepage-Top2016-_-P3_asus/17-4150-_-//promotions.newegg.com/asus/17-4150/1920x360.jpg&icid=401436

>tfw geforce gtx 1080 price went up $100 in the hour between building a parts list and ordering the parts

so tell me fellas, ive been planning on a R7 build but rumor is that mobo's are bricking? anyone having issues with this?

>Even 1080 are affected now
God save us all

So 650 for 1080 or 750 for a 1080 TI
Is 1080 TI worth the extra money? And which is the best kind?

1080ti is probably the one card that is unaffected by the jews. The best kind is Aurous or Asus Strix.