VW will beat him in the electric car game

>VW will beat him in the electric car game
>Boeing will beat him to mars
>Google will beat him to transhumanism
>Solar is a meme
>Hyperloop is a meme

Poor guy he'll be a footnote in the history books

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-10/saudis-to-seek-bids-for-700-megawatt-wind-and-solar-projects
youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1208316643&feature=iv&src_vid=RNFesa01llk&v=DDwe2M-LDZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM
arstechnica.com/science/2017/06/spacex-has-answered-a-lot-of-its-critics-this-year/
youtube.com/watch?v=BJa9tQyMXDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>solar is a meme
>hyperloop is a meme
you fucking retard

That's fine, at least he gave space and electric car industries a shakeup.

Hyper loop is going nowhere, really.

hyperloop IS a meme

Are they going to sell a gas car that pretends it's electric when tested?

Better the gasoline will be used to power the generator from there the power will be stored in lead acid batteries which are they used to run the main electric motors.
>German Engineering

sounds very inefficient.

Solar is a meme?

Hong Kong just ran a one month test to power the entire city on renewables for 30 days and it was a success.

The oil cucks are literally on suicide watch now.

>The oil cucks are literally on suicide watch now

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-10/saudis-to-seek-bids-for-700-megawatt-wind-and-solar-projects

oh really now

Without him none of those would have happened. It's capatlism at its finest, he just needed to start the competition.

>>Solar is a meme
You folks in the Appalachians really need to move on before coal is dead and done.

not the number one fan of the system, but i'll say i see the merits of competition like this. too bad almost everything else just becomes oligopolies where there is none.

Not really, as long as he's promoting competition and stirring shit up in the first place he'll be an icon

BMW is already beating him at the electric car game

and blue origin will beat him to mars?
just say it

>Der kleine und leise 2-Zylinder-Benzinmotor treibt einen Generator an, der den Ladezustand der Hochvolt-Batterie konstant hält, sodass der BMW i3 weiterhin rein elektrisch fahren kann.

Translation: The small and quiet 2-cyllninder engine powers a generator which can keep the battery voltage constant, so that the BMW i3 can keep running purely on electric power.

I don't think they quite understand what "running purely on electric power" means.

>+ that tiny range when driving at max 50 km/h

hyperloop is fucking ass backwards retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk

but solar is pretty viable, although I don't know about his battery banks, I haven't done enough research.

One man is contesting all of those.

>>VW will beat him in the electric car game
The biggest hurdle the German automakers face in going to pure electric will actually probably come from their own unions. The German autoworker unions, particularly in some of the suppliers, are fairly resistant to automation. Electric drivetrains are much better suited to the kind of automation and efficiency gains that that would spell trouble for their workforce.

>>Boeing will beat him to mars
>The lazy B beating anyone to Mars
Let me guess, you've never worked in aerospace before.

>>Google will beat him to transhumanism
I agree. Good thing he's besties with Larry.

>>Solar is a meme
Incorrect.

>>Hyperloop is a meme
Agree. Good thing Musk has no personal or financial involvement with hyperloop.

t. SpaceX wagecuck

I don't think Elon Musk gives a fuck if someone "beats" him. He just wants it to get done. Yes, I do have evidence and citations to back that up, but I don't feel like proactively offering them. If anyone's really interested, I can make my case.

Ooh, a clickbaity YouTube video. Color me convinced!

Dude, at least say that China will beat him to solar. That might actually be true.

No, not them. They literally can't lose. They're so rich that losing is mathematically impossible. They'd have to be Donald Trump to start with that much money and still go bankrupt.

>i3
[spoiler]House fire[/spoiler]

>solar is a meme

You understand we have go find a new energy source asap right?

>Solar is a meme
You're retarded
>Hyperloop is a meme
Superconducting Maglev is a high speed system actually making progress instead of that shit
Dunno about the other two so can't comment

Did you watch the video friend?

There are actually funded plans already for a hyper loop between Vienna and Budapest

>requires structural support to hold its own weight
>final version will be decompressed to 99 Pa, near perfect vaccum

Why are Musktards so delusional?

It is incredible how often gullible retards on Reddit fall for this guys bullshit. He's a great salesman who can talk a big game but fuck if he delivers on any of it in the next 10 years.

But he's delivering.

youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1208316643&feature=iv&src_vid=RNFesa01llk&v=DDwe2M-LDZQ

>further arguments against Hyperloop, not "clickbaity" videos like some ad-homineming idiots are claiming

He still has the boring shit.

>VW will beat him in the electric car segment
Debatable, only time will tell.
>Solar is a meme
Plz user, at least do some research. Solar is excelent because of how simple it is and how it's price/energy has been dropping dramatically in the last few years.

>hyperloop is a meme
Yeah, i'll give you that.
It is a meme untill proven a practicall use.

>Poor guy he'll be a footnote in the history books
He will be the prime example in being fooled by an obvious succubus.

>subsiding on government subsidies to keep Tesla afloat, I pay for some upper-middle class douchebag's niche vehicle with my taxes
>Hyperloop is a fucking terrible meme
>battery banks cause just as much environmental change and are just as unsustainable as mining for fossil fuels

The only thing this hype machine is delivering on is reusable rockets, and from a functionalist's perspective it's practically useless.

The other positive to all of this is capitalist competition burgeoning the market for alternative energy sources.

It's actually more efficient than driving the wheels from the petrol motor.

>>subsiding on government subsidies to keep Tesla afloat, I pay for some upper-middle class douchebag's niche vehicle with my taxes
You do realize that the subsidies Tesla has received are a literal drop in the bucket compared to oil/gas industry subsidies. Not to mention the $10+ billion the car industry received in bailouts during the recession.

>and from a functionalist's perspective it's practically useless.
How so?

>functionalist's perspective it's practically useless.
How? Instead of building an entirely new rocket every time you need to launch shit you can reuse the same one. Wtf are you talking about.

Boeing has no incentive to go to Mars, they're just a contractor. Their hardware won't go to Mars until NASA is ready.

>t. SpaceX wagecuck
Do you really work at SpaceX user? What's elon like?

I do. He's pretty normal but I don't interact with him much except for meetings.

pls giv letter of rec thanks

You don't have an argument if all you're going to do is spout arguments tu quoque.
Great! Now we can keep sending millions of dollars to some floating tin can that does nothing to tackle issues like the rampant pollution and degradation of our environment or the extreme levels of poverty and lack of sanitary conditions that the majority of this world's inhabitants live in. But dang, at least we can livestream some billion dollar rocket club project!

Just get it from your professor. Any kind of engineering club activities go a longer way than recs though.

This

It makes no sense. Look how this pipe has to have reinforcement and it doesn't contain a vacuum.

This is what a minor failure will do to the hyperloop

youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

Solar energy isn't a meme
Manufacturing the panels in the US, though, is a meme

>millions of dollars

You *colossal* faggot. I don't even know where to start. The United States government spends millions of dollars a *day* actively destabilizing parts of the world that don't have food, money, or sanitary conditions, just because it's all a big fucking geopolitical chess game to them, and they can't bear the thought of a world where they aren't in charge of everything.

The same government hands out literally billions of dollars in incentives and tax credits to individual corporations every single year. Not only do corporations not pay taxes, they pay *negative* taxes. The government pays *them*. Every. Single. Year.

Have you ever seen NASA's budget on a pie chart depicting the United States federal discretionary budget?

No?

Do you know why?

Because it's *too small for you to see*, you gaping, cock-gobbling cuntmouth.

Yeah, so is walking from an energy-perspective, you dumb nigger. That doesn't make it better.

It depends though.
If you are driving in town then it definitely makes it better.
If you are driving up hills and on the motorway a lot then probably not so much because of the weight of the batteries.

>>VW will beat him in the electric car game

VW aren't even releasing an electric car until 2020, and it'll only have a 400km range.
Current Teslas can drive over 1200km right now on a charge.

Space-X launch rockets to the ISS on the reg, and have proven reusable boosters that land themselves.
Boeing haven't even launched a single mission yet.

>>Google will beat him to transhumanism

Lol, with what? Google Glass was a magnificent failure.

>>Solar is a meme

Within the next 5 years, every new house will have solar storage systems in a lot of countries, and Solar City are already selling complete systems for pretty amazing prices.

>>Hyperloop is a meme

He's building it, probably have a commercial system in place from LA to Las Vegas by 2020.

>>Posting a well known internet fake video

Good argument, user.

He made all of them get from their lazy fat asses and start contributing. I'd say it was worth it.

>Google Glass was a magnificent failure.
Yet its getting updates now.

>You *colossal* faggot. I don't even know where to start. The United States government spends millions of dollars a *day* actively destabilizing parts of the world that don't have food, money, or sanitary conditions, just because it's all a big fucking geopolitical chess game to them, and they can't bear the thought of a world where they aren't in charge of everything.
Sup Forums
>The same government hands out literally billions of dollars in incentives and tax credits to individual corporations every single year. Not only do corporations not pay taxes, they pay *negative* taxes. The government pays *them*. Every. Single. Year.
Sup Forums
>Have you ever seen NASA's budget on a pie chart depicting the United States federal discretionary budget?
Who cares?

Solar is really a meme, buying Solar City was a noob decision since it's practically free energy, Chinese competition (therefore corporatizing and trademarking it is senseless) and big oil murika chopped down subsidies and incentives to sell back to the grid

afaik the main issue is the amount of gov subsidies he's receiving

Not even mentioning pulling out of the climate change pact recently

>waah b-but the poors

It's not like SpaceX or NASA not existing means that we'd help the poors any more than we already do.

THANKS FOR THAT YOUTUBE VIDEO. THAT TOTALLY CHANGED MY MIND.

I MEAN WHAT DO THE SCIENTISTS AND CEOS OF HYPERLOOP EVEN KNOW AMIRITE? loloolklololloolollol1

Please kill yourself today. stop wasting the oxygen needed to fuel hyperloop

>I MEAN WHAT DO THE SCIENTISTS AND CEOS OF HYPERLOOP EVEN KNOW AMIRITE? loloolklololloolollol1

Theranos also had a bunch of swanky scientists.

They're now being investigated by the FBI.

Stop worshipping the authority of scientists, cuck. They can be paid off to be shills as well.

Even if you right, which is not, he would stay in books as technological "arms race" accelerator.

But he IS a scientist.

Still millonary

leave my forum, you filthy treehugger

>25000km+ long vacuum tube inside which a long, rigid train moves with only a few mm of clearance from the walls

You don't need to be an engineer to understand how stupidly impractical this is.

China monopolizes the global rare earth minerals/metals market that the last American rare earth mining company shut down because they couldn't compete.

Solar panels and electric car batteries are a meme that rely on China just to exist.

Musktards still in denial that Elon Musk thinks building underground tunnels in Los Angeles so cars that take forever to ride an elevator to reach shitty one lane tunnels, is somehow a smart idea.

Good news is if the train brushes against the tube and decompress the train inside anyone lungs will explode. It will be very fast death.

its a fucking meme because the tunnel networks havent been built yet

loop dee doo only works underground

Brainlet detected.

>injecting Trump in a discussion about Musk
Shut the fuck up you miserable cunt

>Current Teslas can drive over 1200km right now on a charge.

What

I really don't see the point in the hyperloop, putting all this money into actually GOOD roads and charging on the go would be much smarter since it's all based on existing, proven technology.

There is a rumor that Musk is working on a rechargeable ZPM. He got mad watching Atlantis that they were always out of power.

arstechnica.com/science/2017/06/spacex-has-answered-a-lot-of-its-critics-this-year/

Waiting for the i5 desu, maybe the i7 if it has hyper-cylinder threading

Isn't that just a hybrid without the ability to switch to using the gas engine?

Elon Musk will never be the best at anything, because there are no consequences if he doesn't. He keeps burning through cash on everything he does, and people keep giving him more, so there's no incentive to be efficient with the money, or be the best at something. He'll just keep spending other people's money until they stop giving it to him.

When there's no consequences for wasting money, there's no incentive to become the best.

Mythbusters proved a small dent can cause that kind of collapse.

Even is this is true he at least forced them to compete

>hyperloop

Only delusional yuppie yesmans can defend this

Next SpaceX launch July 2nd.
3 launches in fucking 9 days.
With only 2 launch pads.
They'll have 3 by September, and 4 by the end of 2018.
It's over, nobody can compete with them anymore.
That's even if they were just throwing out rockets.

>a footnote in the history books
far more than you'll ever be, OP

>Ooh, a clickbaity YouTube video. Color me convinced!
retard

hyperloop will never happen

he is spread too thin, he should focus on 2 or maybe 3 things

>Vw aren't releasing a car until 2020
Are you retarded?

Hyperloop is a massive meme and there have been excellent videos to explain why. All you need to know is that the world's largest vacuum chamber takes hours to empty and any Hyperloop system would have a vastly larger volume.

>solar
>not a meme
nice ror, see you in 20 years

>Boeing will beat him to mars
>Google will beat him to transhumanism
FUCKING GOOD

Someone had to step up and kickstart this shit into gear, businesses only work off competition and they've only just woken up because some guy is blazing a trail they haven't tapped into.

Did the USA land on the moon for the good of mankind? No it was to beat the Ruskies.

how vw is going to beat him? by showing that their cars needs only AAA on tests while in reality they need a tokamak?

Thunderfoot is a meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=BJa9tQyMXDc

Whenever he is refuting something, either that thing can be refuted by common sense or basic and he brings nothing useful to the conversation, or it is viable but requires nontrivial engineering which is not his area of expertise. The hyperloop video is one of those cases, where he ends up using arguments to incredulity instead of actual math and him being right or not is essentially a coin flip.

One of the few billionaires around the world that actually deserves his wealth because he at least tries to better humanity.

>solar is a meme
Just need a cleaner way to produce the panels, which is in the works. There are stores that run entirely off of solar power, it's definitely capable of powering homes and worth the investment. Of course, we'll always need other sources of energy because solar power is less efficient in winter and doesn't work at night, but still.

There's newer technology in solar that moves away from silicon to a pizo type and improves efficiency over 30%.

They caught him with his asshole around the tailpipe of his Tesla.

TELL ME I'M LYING. I DARE YOU.

Tesla's don't have tailpipes.

Simulated tailpipe?

That entire lower bumper is from some gaudy tuning company, not Tesla.

I see a lot of anons here keep repeating that Musk shouldn't waste his time or money on hyperloop since its a meme. I agree that its a meme but are you people completely unaware that Musk doesn't have any financial stake in hyperloop? He isn't actually involved with any of the hyperloop companies at all.

Yeah, his underground highways idea is pretty stupid. With that being said, the tunnel boring industry probably needs some outside competition. I wouldn't be shocked if something good actually comes out of the work being done at the Boring Company with regards to cheaper, more modular and reusable TBM's.

Also, I'll let you in on a little secret, the main reason he got interested in boring is so that we can make an underground tunnel across Crenshaw going from our main building to our main parking garage. Crenshaw Blvd is a pain to get across, especially at night when people drive stupid fast. We were going to build an overhead bridge but since the reused F9 was put on display at the corner, and because the city wouldn't allow it, I think due of potential closings of Crenshaw during construction, a tunnel makes more sense.

He really is only primarily focused on 2 things, Tesla and SpaceX. I would say he spends about 70% of his time at SpaceX. Once the Model 3 ships in quantity I expect him to spend even more time here. The Boring Company is just a fun side project for him, OpenAI doesn't require much of his time, Neuralink is still in very early stages and he mostly just overseas that as an interesting investment, and he has zero to do with any of the hyperloop companies.

but was he really caught with his asshole around his Tesla's tailpipe?

Asking on behalf of that other user.

Not to my knowledge, no. But as the other user said, Tesla's don't have tailpipes and stock Tesla's don't have ugly simulated tailpipes. Musk drives an ordinary model X.