Fml Intel I just got the 6700k

I don't know if I'm crashing due to my over clock at 4.8 or this bullshit, how do I know if my oc is stable then -.-

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/06/msg00308.html
extremetech.com/computing/251499-major-hyper-threading-flaw-can-destabilize-intel-cpus-based-kaby-lake-skylake
hothardware.com/news/critical-flaw-in-intel-skylake-and-kaby-lake-hyperthreading-discovered-requiring-bios-microcode-fix
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/7th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>buy intel cpu
>involuntarily become a dumb phoneposter

Try it at regular operating frequencies first dumb dumb. If it keeps crashing then you can say you are one step closer to being fucked.

>Being this mad because you can't afford a phone.
If Sup Forums didn't want phones to work on this website then they wouldn't make a mobile version, now leave your house you virgin fuck and go out.

Some of you bitch about anything.

Bet my phone is better than you're shitty pc anyways

and yet you're too retarded to do a stable oc while 'virgin' and 'poor' is your only insult
>>>/reddit/

enjoy

this
it's called troubleshooting, OP. you stupid piece of shit
not that you know anything, though..
>buying intlel

Lol you dumbass, that wasn't the point he was making.

He's saying you bought a shit product from a shit company, use your fuckin' head

>current year
>overcucking a 6700k

Ryzen doesn't have this problem

>>>>>>>>Being this mad because you can't afford a phone.
goddamn summerfags

But you're right it has 10 other problems and sucks for single threaded performance. Got me a 5820k at 4.8Ghz and it stomps Ryzen. What's your excuse fag, also enjoy your bios updates every week for it's unstable issues

gosh mate, I know it's summer but chill down with that shit tier baiting

What's your voltage at?

I have a 6700k, with my bios I am able to get a stable overclock at 4.6ghz @1.35v. Anything else crashes windows asf
I hope fucking ryzen becomes mainstream. Intel are starting to become cucks

1.38v with a h100i v2 75c is the hottest core

He probably followed a redditfags advice and that's why he has an unstable oc.

99.9% chance you didn't activate the obscure conditions necessary to reproduce this errata.

Because ryzen is such a super overclocker?

This guy gets it

>and sucks for single threaded performance
LMAO

You lost the silicon lottery. You thought every Intel CPU was a WINNAR out of the box despite having jizz TIM under the lid. Deal with it, cuck.

I am hijacking this thread for the noble cause of Antimerchantism.

Your OC has nothing to do with that HT bug. You'd know that if you actually read any of those articles.

>has 10 other problems
>sucks for single threaded performance
>5820k at 4.8Ghz and it stomps
you use a less obvious way of shilling for intel, its too obvious
>enjoy your bios updates every week for it's unstable issues
currently im enjoying yours
extremetech.com/computing/251499-major-hyper-threading-flaw-can-destabilize-intel-cpus-based-kaby-lake-skylake
hothardware.com/news/critical-flaw-in-intel-skylake-and-kaby-lake-hyperthreading-discovered-requiring-bios-microcode-fix
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/7th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf

joke:still having 4 threads in 2017
woke:BUYING 4 threads in 2017
bespoke: SPENDING more money for 4 threads in 2017 than 16 threads

Wow, it's nothing.

fudge I misread OP,
;(

Still, there's people that do this

>if i ignore it it will go away
current intel shilling, ladies and gentlemen

Tell me why the general public should care. It doesn't effect them.

>It doesn't effect them.
neither did the pentium F00F bug, or the fdiv bug, etc. since its only triggered under "special conditions" and yet they are none the less bugs that _will_ eventually be triggered and break and possibly corrupt your data

how are you going to guarantee that it is never going to be triggered? or did your shilling m,aster said to write "99.9% never going to happen"? are you going to fail to provide a [citation needed]?
(((intel))) shills are the worst...

Alright bucko I'll tell you my secret to buying expensive shit be it technology or otherwise
Step 1: open Google
Step 2: search "(product name) issues"
Step 3: check how frequent the issues are reported
Step 4: look up product reviews
Step 5: look up alternatives
Step 6: check warranty policies
Step 7: decide on taking the risk
Step 8: don't decide to check after you buy it and something goes wrong

Normal people aren't compiling OCaml, and if they were, they would be aware of the patch in April. There are plenty of reasons to shit on Intel, but this is one of the weakest reasons. If you want to bring up customer trust, you will need to also explain the cluster fuck of Ryzens launch.

>cluster fuck of Ryzens launch
Ryzen's launch was relatively smooth for a brand new architecture. You must have some pretty selective memory if you don't remember i7 1st gen launch or X99 launch.

His point is that competition may make Intel wake up and work harder.
>Skylake-X tho

>leaving hyperthreading enabled

He paid $100 for that hyperthreading

>Normal people
did you just assume that some folks using intel processors are in someway abnormal and/or retarded? like those folks that shill for (((intel))) ?
>this only happens when compiling OCaml
just like the fdiv bug only happens to people doing alot of calculations using the fpu, that will never happen, right? RIGHT?
exactly how how retarded are you?
>this is one of the weakest reasons
jej, ask your shilling wrangler for a better copy sheet, the one you currently have sucks ass

Ryzen
+ More consistent OCing
+ Soldered
+ Avoid silicon lottery by buying X series
- Lower max OC

Intel
+ Possible higher max OC
- Takes more juice
- Jizz TIM
- You will lose the silicon lottery like OP, make a thread, then get laughed at