Cares about free software

>Cares about free software
>Uses Sup Forums
Explain yourselves Sup Forums

It's not software

But it runs on proprietary software.

>says he cares about free software
>keeps it locked in his computer

It's not something that runs on my Computer, why should i care if Sup Forums gives up their Freedoms? I just pity them for doing so.

Stallman explained that it's not software running on your computer, it's a service.

Sup Forums displays malicious advertisements, and other malicious things go on. Especially that whole a.ekansovi.com thing.
A service can be harmful to the consumer.

then get out of here and leave us alone to our misery

I don't really give a shit, just wanted to start some discussion.

Transparency isn't why I use free software. I use free software because it usually works better than the proprietary alternative. Sup Forums works just fine and there isn't a free alternative anyways, so I'm fine with using it.

Not when you browse through the Sup Forums API.

if only there was a way to block these things

Maybe there is, but that doesn't make it any better. You can block MS connections, but does that make Windows 10 any less of a botnet?

>reddit is open source
>Sup Forums isn't
Explain this you channers.

We don't care I it runs on it.
We just like to use free software on our own hardware.
Startpage is using Google's search engine which is proprietary but who cares.
If it ain't doing no harm to our privacy.

You can use Sup Forums with free JS if you use 4chanX and a pass
The API is FOSS, and last time we knew on what software it ran it was FreeBSD, the only proprietary part it's the imageboard backend, still, it's a service so you don't have to care
Sup Forums became a harmful service years ago when Google's captcha was introduced, things have only worsened with more tracking shit like analytics and the weird recent news
You can avoid the harmfulness by blocking the stuff though
Sup Forums's software it's too awful to be open sourced, everyone would exploit the shit out of the site and laugh at moot et al.

>You can use Sup Forums with free JS if you use 4chanX and a pass
I have both, how?

No, because it is Proprietary

Paying money to make a propioratry service FOSS

>Sup Forums became a harmful service years ago when Google's captcha was introduced, things have only worsened with more tracking shit like analytics and the weird recent news
>he doesn't remember Sup Forums.js and spambots

is this bait ?

Dude unless you're fucking retard and you don't even know how to set up your browser there is no reason to be afraid of that.

This. I can't believe how many idiots misinterpret the first freedom.

I remember watching an interview of Stallman recently, and the interviewer compared the four freedoms to the right for open-sourced recipes, and Stallman explicitly shut him down, saying that recipes to any meal a chef makes is fundamentally free, because the chef needs to know the recipe in order to make the meal.

People think that free software entirely encompasses open-source, but that simply isn't true, although free software overlaps open-source in many ways.

If there is something that is opensorce free anonymous without karmawhoring system, I would left this place but yeah

Sup Forums is foss.

False, everyone who has the binary also has the source. It's foss.

Still not software.

There are still spambots.

NNTPchan, it's distributed, somewhat popular, foss and has onion/i2p nodes without being cp infested.

Sup Forums (website) is a botnet.

Freetards are the most incoherent beings in the world of technology.

So did Sup Forums finally wake up regarding the Linux meme?

>muh freedom
>20 years and still only a barely functional OS

I'll have you know I have free range software, it's not as obedient as the alternative and it takes longer to load but I feel better knowing that my software is happy

But it's a kernel, ofc it would not be a functional os.

I'm actually just horribly addicted to this website

It's amazing how all of the site's money problems disappeared after the introduction of the captcha. Almost like moot wanted to introduce it all along but needed an excuse...

Shit you're right.