/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Post yours

to battle

I get my replacement drawing monitor, with an IPS panel today. Hype

you should consider TN or VA over IPS

TN for much faster response and high refresh rate
VA for much better contrast and no IPS glow

I don't know of any VA drawing monitors, and response time is a non issue for that. The one I've been using is a TN with 14ms, which works perfectly fine, and the new one is IPS 12ms. TN is also terrible for drawing because of color accuracy and viewing angle, which is why I have the other IPS on the left. Idk if I'll keep it or not. Depends on how accurate the new monitor is.

My table is too high for me. I can adjust the height of my chair but then my feet don't touch the ground comfortably. Does anybody here have experience with something like pic related? Is it comfy? Would it solve the problem?

>inb4 manlet
I'm safely over 6 ft. It's just a retarded table ;)

Only 6ft? Sorry, there's no hope.

into the fray...

my back fucking hurts

autism
only one that's actually a "battlestation"

>only one that's actually a "battlestation"
The only thing that guy is battling is his back pain.

To sunny for an ok picture

can I be early?
12K triple 4k 27inch LG IPS displays with trashcan meme reporting in
I just had the worst recaptcha select the border of a street sign with a glitchy cursor the fuck is this

cool trashcan

how good is the Alesis controller? I've used M-Audio and Korg controllers in the past (also a Novation MM10x back in the 90's)

MicroKORG for life, nigga

faggots

What happened to the other thread?

>having a matrix Screensaver isn't cool anymore
Sometimes I wish I could just go back to being an ignorant kid who didn't give a shit what other people thought

Feelsbadman

What's in the vitamin bottle?

I miss my old setup.

Looking good man!

2016 setup

2013 setup

>he didnt wait for the TI

>$1000 chair
>$1000 dual core computer
>$100 Bose speakers
o i am laffin

>this manchild is still reposting the same pic every thread

It's the most efficient (You) machine in history.

running windows like a fag

>white discord
holy fucking shit

In the middle of moving, hence the mess. Will get a real picture soon.

>Wizchan wizard on Macintosh Plus background
jfc

Old setup, hopefully things will look a bit more like this once cleaned up.

uwu

"Rich" Good one, m8

what kind of deck are you working on down there

I woudl buy it, my feet touch the ground with ease but I like them to be somewhat higher. It should be wide though otherwise it will be annoying when you have to put both feet close to eachother

its gradually lost it's efficiency

comf.

So which one are you currently using?
Oh and what do you do for money?
It's unironically my only goal in life to be able to set up a study however I see fit. Embody chair, flagship headphones+source, and an ideal height desk like yours are big parts of that.
Its the little things that I hate about my current set up even though it's not that bad for someone in my situation.
When you type your arms are supposed to be straight, not bent up for the keyboard(same goes for mouse arm) my chair is just ever so slightly too low and my table too high to be able to do this. With a good chair or good table this wouldn't happen. This is the difference between being completely comfortable and not being comfortable for me.

id show mine but its a mess and not aesthetic as some of you guy

Sold rx 480. Need new gpu.

Melon pan is that you?

advise strongly against any pascal aside form the 1080ti.
Two of my closest friends sold their 280x($180) and 390($340) and both bought 1070s to sell when vega comes out.
I would just go for the 1080ti today if you can afford it honestly. It's not a bad value for the performance if you go with the $699 3 fan gigabyte

squishy

had a crazy-ex break muh desktop. this is the place-holder battle station. complete with wifi dongle, science lights and small stash of craft beer

im so sorry user you should rape her

Im open for either side but I gotta ask
>advise strongly against any pascal aside form the 1080ti.
Why is that? I was looking to get a 1060 6gb or an rx 580 8gb when prices come down a bit or just order one on back order. I plan to hold my gpu for a while so that does make me lean on amd cause "finewine". I had a 7850 2gb from launch till just december that passed. 1080ti is beyond my budget unfortunately.

she would get drunk almost every night then try to rape me (hella sicc). Had to bring her to court for minor assault on me (hella lame). every once in a while I give her dick in orifices and she gives me a v. nice haircut. life is fun ya'know

A few reasons. Hopefully this doesn't cause a fucking shit storm like it does every time I mention it. Pascal is completely locked down. The overclocking on it isn't overclocking the way we think of it. The bios is encrypted, nvidia doesn't let manufacturers unlock them for voltage change/get around GPU boost.
No matter what you do you hit a wall at 2050-2150 depending on the model of the card. If you have very specific cards with tools that aren't publicly available(have to get them from people on OC forums though PM) you can get past this shit. This results in the 1080 running at 2300mhz instead of 2150.
So they're not letting you do what you want with your hardware.
The cards are also too old at this point and nvidia cards age horribly. I think it has something to do with the memory systems being "lighter" than the AMD cards that acts something like planned obsolescence Less so with the 1060 6gb but it's still only like what 6 or 7 months away from the end of life?
If you absolutely cannot get any other card because of the mining shit and budget then yeah get a 1060 6gb. I'm just saying if you can get a polaris card, newer nvidia card(1080ti), or vega do that.
1060s, 1070s, 570, and 580 are all out of stock I believe though.

pls no mad nvidia fanboys i told him to buy a 1080ti

"Less so with the 1060 6gb but it's still only like what 6 or 7 months away from the end of life?"

I meant being replaced with a newer model, "end of life" means something else. my bad
hope you can find a good card for you, gl

Suggestions? Cable management is difficult with this setup

Thx for the input. No i do not need a gpu right away as I can play some older games on my 4670k igpu. The rx580 is pretty damn overpriced if you need to get it now but I dont mind going for the cheaper back order option. I see one for $370 CAD that I may order (Rx 580 Nitro 8gb).
All depends if this crypto craze will burst or hold.

How about a white mouse? There are a bunch that come in white now. G203, g403, Death adder, ec1 and ec2, corsair m65, some roccat ones.
I really like your thinkpad, it's so nice. Makes really wish apple didn't do away with the plastic unibody design and fully black laptops.

I actually have a white g600, but it's a little too big for my hand. I've had this naga since about 2011 and it still works perfectly. I did have to buy a new cable though. Maybe i should just use that mouse for bst threads.

I love the thinkpad too. I don't know why Sup Forums users don't like modern thinkpads. This thing is incredible

I'm not saying I would buy it, I side with Sup Forums there but it is gorgeous. Shit like the t440 is really cheap and would be functionally identical for most people. I suppose if money were no object, then I would do it but it's not like I'm doing any serious work on my laptop. Visual studio is the most resource hungry thing it's going to see

I'm starting college for CS in september so I figured I would splurge a little and get a really nice laptop. The /tpg/ coupon code really sealed the deal because it saved me $700. I was gonna get a t470, but I would rather it be a pound lighter than be more durable.

Buy a bed retard

Still working on it. (Need lower desk, new mousepad, longer desk for 3rd monitor)

always loved looking at these threads, i can finally contribute

not actually set up, getting my computer in 3-4 days, getting the monitors & 1080 when next paycheck rolls in.

Dont know why it is upside down -_-

Haven't been on here for a while, I wanted to get everything straightened up before I posted another pic.
How does everything look?

This nigga look like he about to drop the hottest shoegaze album of 2017

Fuck this edit is not that good. I'm pretty fucking bad at editing.

Sir are you aware that your desk is on the ceiling?

Get the fuck out of my room mom I'm hacking Minecraft

i own one. you cant see it in my pic, but i have the same problem as you. but i bought mine from ikea for like $15 and then i bought a memory foam travel pillow and placed it on top so my feet are always comfy. its usually in a cover but i took it out just for the pic

>
>Get the fuck out of my room mom I'm hacking Minecraft
Yeah, picture got fucked

You have good taste in Illya Kuro.

thats a small ass bed you have there user.

>made in kansas
you 785?

You from Kansas boi?

Hope you punched her in the cunt.

Thoughts Sup Forums? I'm looking into getting a mount for my monitor, it's 32inches and quite heavy. Have any good desk or wall mount recommendations? I want more desk space and the monitor to be slightly further away.

orzhov soul sisters for modern.
shawnee/kck

I will change soon my rig and get a true triple monitor setup but il's still working

The king has arrived!

pretty amateur setup, I know but I try to work with what I got

The word 'comfy' has been raped by Sup Forums the past few years or so but yeah, that looks actually comfy.

Thanks man!

I was going to, then my gpu died 2months after warranty went out and my backup wasn't strong enough for my work.

I had to make the purchase.

HD700?

I fucking love mine even though they trigger Sup ForumsĀ“s autism

is this what I think it is?

post the background on the left please

>dat fan
noice tbqh

>printed images of memes on the wall
user ..

Finished today!

Higher res

are you a psychic by any chance?