Buy new phone

>Buy new phone
>Faster than old phone
>New update available to fix bugs
>6 months later a new phone from same company gets announced
>Looks about the same as current phone but small update on touch screen or screen size
>Update available for current phone
>Slows phone down
>Everything starts crashing

Bullshit.

I always get iPhones and I skip every other update.

I'm on 6s right now running iOS 11 Beta 2 and it's still kicking.

I will definitely get the 8.

They always do that. It's well documented too. It's a psychological thing because you like the phone do you, but then it slows down and coincidently a new one is released.

So to get "better speeds" buy the new one.

that's what you get for buying anything that isn't a xiaomi

That's the curse of modern phones. Thank dog there is root and custom roms for android at least. Weaker iPhones have to stay on certain versions in order to function without slow downs sadly. On android you just flash the newest stock build and basically enjoy your brand new device without any lag and bloat.

That moment they put a midget behind a taller midget to make it look taller.

Phones that run Lineage OS don't have this problem and still get frequent updates. The creators of Lineage OS do it for free, so they aren't going to be fucking with your device on purpose.

yeah dude I too run Windows XP BLACK edition OS, downloaded it from thepiratebay. It's so much better than Windows! my pc computer is like 10x faster now.

who is this semen demon

> (OP)
>That's the curse of modern phones. Thank dog there is root and custom roms for android at least. Weaker iPhones have to stay on certain versions in order to function without slow downs sadly. On android you just flash the newest stock build and basically enjoy your brand new device without any lag and bloat.
>dog
God, sinner.

Not even remotely comparable since Windows is closed source.

Tell me more.

Slightly relevant question, will ios11 cripple a first edition ipad air, or will it run on it wothout issues

Worse.

>Buy phone, revered by everyone
>Oh hey there's a new version of android
>Wait
>Wait more
>Wait some more
>20 roms already with the newer version but have buggy shit because it's not official
>Geez I really don't want to unlock the bootloader and void the warranty
>A year later, comes out officially
>It's slower
>Drains more battery
>Some feature doesn't work anymore
>What's that, you want to go back? Better unlock the bootloader, because it's going to be a ride

See, that's the problem.

I wanted to go iPhone myself, but then I heard that the problem is there is simply no going back, and newer updates do also cause slowdowns. Which is dangerous.

I'm now using Moto G4 and to be honest the only ROM that I find bearable is some ROM manufactured by some spaniard guy. I'm not gonna lie, I dislike this fucking around with ROMs. I just want something that werks, and werks fast and stable.

That's why I got a Redmi 4A for 80€. Next year I'll just sell it for 30€ and get a new 5A 6A or whatever

No point in upgrading beyond manufacturer and too Jew to buy Nexii or Pixels

I want memeboii to leave

That's why you ditch the stock ROM and install pajeet made custom ROM with at least semi-open code base.
t. SGS4 user.

I want the underaged fag to commit suicide.

I own a iPhone 5c and noticed fuck ton of crashes and slow downs compared to when I first got it. Thinking about switching over to androids since the custom rom shit. Can barely use fucking Navigation now cause of these "updates" that fucks my shit up.

Two words : Open Source

Even a retard can port an Android ROM now .

Idk what he means exactly, but with an android phone that's even mildly popular, you'll have tons of customs ROM's and Kernels, and you'll get unofficial update support for 5+ years.

Still have my OG Moto G, it's running Nougat through LineageOS. The bitch is half a decade old.

Any gentooman knows not to update their software unless they absolutely need to for this reason.

How long do non-Google phone get updates on average?

If you mean Android phones it depends on both the maker and the network. Some new model phones come with back-level OS and never get updated.

>android

>If you like random crashes youll love the latest pajeet rom that crashes whenever you use the camera or basically any apps
>the clock works though, notifies you when the designated shitting streets are open for shitting

Good thing android never gets updates due to carrier release lag, android doesn't have this problem!

>I dislike this fucking around with ROMs. I just want something that werks, and werks fast and stable.

This made me feel physically ill. How do you function if you have no motivation to make devices you own run at their optimal efficiency?

>pajeet rom 2 is faster than pajeet rom 1 better waste a bunch of time backing up and installing for marginal gains

Yes, thats the idea. You own the device and will use it for hopefully at least a year. Why would you not want that?

Everybody that says AOSP/CM/etc. are a 100% alternative, just don't know about muh kernel.

For instance: To get Linux 4.4.x on a Samsung device, the S8 is your only option. Why? Googlel releases updates which can be retrospectively backported to old devices. E.g. you can compile new 7 Android for S3s etc. But what does Samsung (and sadly every other OEM as well) do? Do they keep old SoCs kernel branches and update them? Of course not. And you would need exactly those for having compatible drivers for your kernel. E.g. USB otg was massively updated in some Linux 3.x kernel update. Devicemaintainers had to reinvent the wheel and rewrite that part to be able to use otg with 2.x kernels. That's why there are multiple (3? 4?) ways to implement otg functionality as a dev. Typical Linux problem.
Just saying.

tl;dr you need to buy new phones to get kernel updates