Ryzen fucking sucks

I bought a Ryzen 5 1600 because everyone says it's great for the money. Out of the box the CPU ran at 90c and thermal throttled down to half it's clock. Why?
"auto" means 1.448V for Ryzen I guess. So i had to go through a bunch of voltages trying to find a stable one JUST FOR STOCK SPEEDS. I guess I got lucky my chip didn't die before i figured it out with my friends help?
My ram runs at 2667 instead of 3000.
The bios on the $150 motherboard just doesn't work, it totally ignores your settings.
Instead of failing to boot when somethings wrong and asking if you want to go to bios or failsafe defaults it takes you all the way into windows so you have to check manually if the settings applied or not.
It actually reboots it's self FIVE FUCKING TIMES times when there is a problem(but only sometimes, sometimes it will just boot with whatever settings it wants) with your settings too. If you change the setting for this number from 5 to 1, it doesn't care. It just does 5 times anyway.
It takes like 2 whole minutes to post.
Yes, I have the most up to date BIOS available for my motherboard(gaming pro carbon).

My friend has a 6600k and a 980ti, I have this and the 1070 and he gets almost double my fps in doom and counter strike.
Thinking about just selling my parts off for Coffee lake at this point. It's really beyond fucking frustrating that my computer doesn't do what I tell it to.

Other urls found in this thread:

proclockers.com/reviews/motherboards/msi-b350-gaming-pro-carbon-motherboard-review/page/0/8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the intel shills have stepped up their game

>Out of the box the CPU ran at 90c and thermal throttled down to half it's clock
Did you forget to install the CPU cooler?

Obviously something is wrong if it's 90c out of the box, only i9's have that as an actual feature.

>I'm a retard and it is the products fault >:(

you have no idea how to handle your computer, brainlet. let a man handle it.

inb4 he forgot the thermal paste

I wouldn't be surprised if he mixed up Fahrenheit with Celsius if he wasn't shilling.

Yeah because it's so ridiculous to think that leaving your voltages on auto and your clocks to stock will result in 1.44 volts.
Clearly you fucking morons are incapable of reading. The default settings result in a 1.44 voltage. You try to run ryzen at 1.44 with the stock cooler and tell me what temperatures you get.

It sounds like you have a faulty motherboard DESU.

>buying 1st gen

Some Motherbords putting retarded stock voltages is nothing new even for Intel platforms.
Update Bios or set something like 1.25 if it doesn't work

It functions, I use it all day. It just doesn't function well.
To recap:
1. Stock settings result in a housefire 90c cus 1.44v is the default voltage
2. Ram compatibility is still fucking horrible.
3. Bios doesn't tell you that your settings failed it just boots right to windows with defaults wasting your time.
4. Motherboard ignores important settings just how many times it should try to boot so you have to sit through 5 failed boots because it doesnt like your memory settings.
5. Even with "fastboot" it takes for fucking ever to post. I googled this one and apparently it's a common issue.
Bios is up to date.

>badmouths Ryzen
>literally just shills Intel at the end

You fucking Jew, I don't even believe you

Return mobo while you still can, it's not worth using in that state.

Then just put something like 1.25v if you're running stock or RMA

>voltage settings wrong
>this is the CPU's fault

RMA your motherboard you fucking idiot.
(then RMA your life)

I bet you'd blame your monitor exploding on the CPU

You're right, the chips work fine!
It's just absolutely everything else you need to actually use the fucking thing that are a nightmare.

Voltage regulators are on the motherboard you dumbass, like why are you even building your own PC without knowing anything? Just buy some Dell shitbox

>t. maximum damage control intel shill
wew jew

worksonmymachine™

Post your motherboard, then post a picure of it, retard

Say, hypothetically, that you're not a lying Intel shill and your mobo is borked.

That means the entire platform is rubbish because you got one, yes one, bad mobo? Solid conclusion buddy boy.

It's probably an MSI ab350 pos.

Bumping for this. Intel shill should post proof.

He doesn't need to, a mobo doing shit voltage adjustment is nothing strange.

he does, tho.

A.) because he should prove he's not a retard shill
B.) so we know what motherboard to not buy/ search for solutions for

Try MSI's costumer support, it would take too long for us to guide you trough basic setup or troubleshooting, it's clear you couldn't do it by yourself even if we tried to help you.

tfw no anime pics to post

>bios behaves like a shitty rushed piece of trash
>must be a hardware problem!
bingo its a msi gaming pro carbon. have this pic from when my friend helped me get it working for 4 hours that shows mobo model
I bought this because it looks like a good value and when it works it is(except for the shit fps in doom and CSGO). It's unbelievable that you are such a rabid fanboy that you simply cannot believe that ram compatability it still bad, bioses still behave like they're in beta, and that the default voltage setting is a death trap.
gaming pro carbon

Should have bought an ASrock.

Is that a vape? Hahaha what a fucking manchild cuck.

Yeah that MSI motherboard is crap. Sorry, prob. gonna have to RMA it or try and get it working contacting MSI.

1.448 is way high.
you can go to 1.25V. start with 1.3V.

anyway, it's the mobo that sucks.

>1.44v is the default voltage
>2. Ram compatibility is still fucking horrible.
>3. Bios doesn't tell you that your settings failed it just boots right to windows with defaults wasting your time.
The motherboard in charge of these,not the cpu.
>default is nowork durrr
Fucking adjust the voltage yourself you autistic fuck

>ryzen sucks because my motherboard is broken

>he vapes

no wonder your pc won't work, I wouldn't want to work with you either

>mobo malfunctioning
>must be cpu's fault
Should have bought a prebuilt, they are meant for people like you.

YEAH i love nicotine. its way more enjoyable than ciggarettes you should try it
t. tobacco free 2 years
like i said i spent a few hours going through voltages finding the best stable one but i guess everyone just skims
i know right!? it's ridiculous to think with results like this for "am4 motherboard" on amazon that MSI is some obscure piece of shit OEM.

and get other brand.

>MSI
There's your fucking problem

6700k, reporting. I've had nothing but issues with mine. Fucking USB 3.0 bus was fucked within the first month, but it took me awhile to realize it. Randomly cuts out, causes packet loss, speed isn't right, etc. On top of that, the BIOS is cancer, and they designed the damn thing short, so it almost reaches the last 3 screws towards the front but doesn't, to ensure maximum bendiness when you install your RAM.

I never had this problem with fucking Gigabyte...

Msi is probably the last board manufacturer I'd buy.

First for GPUs but last for Motherboards. Even Gigabyte outclasses it.

This is the average mind of a vapecuck, thinks anybody who's against it smokes, what a fucking bag of complexes, truly a cuck in the making.

Would it have made you feel better if I said "The ryzen platform fucking sucks"? Would that sate your 'tism sweetie?

>motherboard is faulty
>settings all fucked
>"Ryzen sucks, boo hoo!"

PEBKAC

Had you listened and bought used 2500k+P8P67 Deluxe, you would have saved many shekels and got 102% single core performance of zenver1 (clock-to-clock obviously).

Actually on skylake and babylake when I didn't fixed the voltage the Mobo was sending in some times around 1.32-14.5 v
When o updated BIOS it fixed. Most usually bios but reading vid.

>my retardness caused problems that no one else is having, the thread

Look, I feel sorry for you, but can't expect to talk shit and not get a reaction. Also, I googled your motherboard and it has quite a few negative reviews on Newegg, so you might want to do a bit more searching next time.

I bought an Intel 7900x because everyone says it's the best money can buy. Out of the box the CPU ran at 95c and thermal throttled down to half it's clock. Why?
"auto" means 1.3V I guess. So i had to go through a bunch of voltages trying to find a stable one JUST FOR STOCK SPEEDS. I guess I got lucky my chip didn't die before i figured it out with my friends help?
Now my cpu runs at 90c instead of 95.
The bios on the $350 motherboard just doesn't work, it totally ignores your settings.
Instead of failing to boot when somethings wrong and asking if you want to go to bios or failsafe defaults it takes you all the way into windows so you have to check manually if the settings applied or not.
It actually reboots it's self FIVE FUCKING TIMES times when there is a problem(but only sometimes, sometimes it will just boot with whatever settings it wants) with your settings too. If you change the setting for this number from 5 to 1, it doesn't care. It just does 5 times anyway.
It takes like 2 whole minutes to post.
Yes, I have the most up to date BIOS available for my motherboard(gaming pro carbon).

My friend has a 7700k and a 980ti, I have this and the 1070 and he gets almost double my fps in doom and counter strike.
Thinking about just selling my parts off for kabylake at this point. It's really beyond fucking frustrating that my computer doesn't do what I tell it to.

im running a ryzen 1600 stable 4ghz at 40° so fuck off

>implying I got baited by the word ryzen
To answer your question - no, it wouldn't make me feel any better.

Now return that mobo and get another one.
Even though people here like to bring a lot of shit to their arguments, they *are* giving you good advice.

I'm assuming you're gonna be using that PC a lot.
Do you want to be forced to struggle with shitty hardware DAILY for potentially YEARS to come because you were too lazy/impatient to replace it?
Because that's the direction you are going.

Get. It. Replaced.

wew i was considering a 1600 as well. might just stick with my 4690k for now then and see if i can get a 4790k for cheap later

It's called a faulty motherboard.

the fuck is wrong with your voltages?
Sett it to 3.8ghz @ 1.275v

Also set your ram voltage
Why are you leaving it on AUTO anyway?

>Not a new IP in the thread
Nice try, shill.

what the fuck are you talking about?

My friend actually told me to buy a used sandy i7 but we were both concerned about the longevity of the motherboard.

I don't think you guys get how stupid the average person who assembles a computer(for games, dont kid yourself). I actually know more than all of my vidyafag friends that did the same thing. People buy the shit, sweat bullets putting it together, and never touch the fucking thing again.
If one of those people who is even more of a fucking normie than I am had to deal with this shit they wouldn't have been able to get it to work at all or would have used it until the cpu died from running at 0123812083c.
I don't think my reaction is unwarranted to having an experience like this with what I thought was one of the best b350 boards. If you look at amazon all the boards have a bunch of shit reviews.
The motherboard works fine the bios is just a piece of shit.
I'm so god damn triggered. It works fine NOW the temps are great considering stock cooler. The problem is that the default settings are totally unusable(most people never fuck with their bios) and the state of these BIOS make the platform look bad.
Guess you didn't read the OP. Kill yourself as soon as possible. It's now at 1.25 3.7ghz.

stop posting faster than i can reply fuck

try this. only running my 3200mhz ram at 2999mhz
i can post cinebench r15 as well if you wanrt

>about the longevity of the motherboard.
That is why you go for the boards with best VRM and Asus P8P67 Deluxe (alongside with its Z68 brethen, -V Pro and WS Revolution) and Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 are the best one's.
Sandy Bridge - even when overclocked to high heavens - use so low amperage, that those better boards don't get taxed at all and thus they don't age horribly.

and im literally using the cheapest MB there is. the prime b350-plus
added is the cinebench r15 that nobody asked for

>The problem is that the default settings are totally unusable(most people never fuck with their bios) and the state of these BIOS make the platform look bad.
>default settings
Are you sure you weren't using the auto-overclock bullshit instead of stock settings? The voltage sure looks familiar proclockers.com/reviews/motherboards/msi-b350-gaming-pro-carbon-motherboard-review/page/0/8
I'm pretty sure this is a case of PEBKAC.

I bought a Chef boyardee linguini because everyone says it's the best money can buy. Out of the box the pasta cooked at 95c and was al dente down to half it's noodle. Why?
"boil" means 20 minutes I guess. So i had to go through a bunch of pots trying to find a cast iron one JUST FOR SOFT NOODLES. I guess I got lucky my sauce didn't go bad before i figured it out with my friends help?
Now my water runs at 90c instead of 95.
The eye on the $500 stove just doesn't work, it totally ignores your settings.
Instead of failing to heat when somethings wrong and asking if you want to go to spaghetti or linguini defaults it takes you all the way into stromboli so you have to check manually if the olive oil applied or not.
It actually eats it's self FIVE FUCKING TIMES times when there is a problem(but only sometimes, sometimes it will just boil with whatever settings it wants) with your settings too. If you change the setting for this number from spaghetti to Tortellini, it doesn't care. It just does Ravioli anyway.
It takes like 2 whole minutes to boil.
Yes, I have the most up to date colander available for my pasta (cast iron pro carbon).

My friend has a macaroni and a fettucine, I have this and the ravioli and he gets almost double my al dente in marinara and pesto.
Thinking about just selling my pasta off for lasagna at this point. It's really beyond fucking frustrating that my mom doesn't do what I tell her to.

This is pasta of EXCELLENT quality.

So you tamed a wild beast that was shit default mobo settings.
It works now, and there's nothing to be fixed. Congratulations.

Why this thread tho? Needed to vent?
It's fine, really. Just let it die now.
Thread served its purpose.

My fucking sides

I have it at 3.7 1.25v. I said in the OP that I spent a few hours getting the voltage right. I'm bitching because I wouldn't have even known it was throttling and that it was happening because the default settings are lethal. I can't get to 3.8 with out going to 1.35v which my cooler(stock) can't handle. Buying better cooling next month.
This is my cinebench before my friend and i fixed the voltage/throttling problem.
That's why I had high expectations for this board. I thought it was the best b350 board msi made. I used to always buy gigabyte, used them for my core 2 duo and 2500k computers. I think I would have been better off using them this time too but everyone says they went to shit.
I'm not tearing the computer apart to replace the board because the bios is shit. Hopefully MSI pushes an update at some point.
That sounds like a strong possibility but if I was using that it's because it was enabled by default. I assembled the computer, installed windows, went into bios to set boot order and expected to be good to go. Didn't figure out that shit was fucked until a day or two later.

Let this be a lesson, Sup Forums is only for memes, not for actual tech advice.

No, because the Ryzen platform and whatever shitty garbage MSI motherboard you bought are two different things. My ASRock Taichi functions just fine. MSI is the brand for gaymer retards who value COOL DRAGONS over functioning hardware.

>$0.05 shekels was deposited on your account

Wait, you bought a MSI motherboard? Are you actually retarded? Who the fuck buys MSI motherboards?

Never EVER buy MSI motherboards. EVER. Unless you're building a computer for someone else and don't care if it works.

1.44 is high for stock volts but its not out of the scope of the amd stock cooler, you fucked up

>It functions, I use it all day. It just doesn't function well.
You never named MB except its price (which is the only thing practically affecting voltages and RAM speed) but specified CPU model. You fucked up badly.

your paying account was reverted

>bingo its a msi gaming pro carbon.
lmao finally
>2017.04.27
fucking lol

>1.44
What MB? You can literally OC the 1600 to 3.8 with that voltage

Read the thread retard. And he likely enabled """Game Boost""" auto-OC by himself and started complaining about """stock""" settings.

You mean 6/23/17?
die
It really is. After 10 minutes of prime95 blend it was at 92c or so.
Only changed boot order.

>90°C
That's just plain wrong dude. My 1600x runs 65°C @stock.
And that's like 400Mhz more than the 1600.

It's MSI,"value added" feature is gonna be enabled by default. I guarantee it. Only an idiot would buy MSI.

The maths doesn't add up, the only way you hit those temps is you fucked up the installation or faulty hardware and its far more likely to be the prior.

Over the years (20 or so), it's the only brand that didn't plain fried up on me.

10/10 shilling

OP Ryzen isn't the problem you just picked a trash am4 motherboard

KYS

Yea that really doesn't have anything to do with MSI or whatever else you're trying to fry with your 5 dollar PSU.

so you were overclocking.
>I can't get to 3.8 with out going to 1.35v which my cooler(stock) can't handle.
>1600
>[email protected]
are you retarded? A 1700x needs to go at or higher than 1.35 to achieve 3.8 stable.
>1600
>going for 3.8
>on a b350 board
retard

nice blog

Yeah well, I'm on my second one now, and I have not complaint whatsoever.
Gigabyte, Asrock, ASUS, ECS, they just fucking gave up.

I want MADtards to die.

AMD sucks, and even I can tell this is a troll shit post... Be more subtle next time man, Intel is better, we don't have to stoop to their level.

I haven't had a single board give up, so step up your garbage power supply game. If you're forced to use MSI garbage due to it, it might be time to spend a little more than 5 bucks on your PSU.

I always ran double the power output than what my rig should suck out.
That's where they're the most efficient anyways.

Doesn't matter whether your rig maxes at 100% or 50% of power supply cap, what matters is the quality. 650W shit PSU will kill equipment that maxes at 325W. 350W good PSU won't.

Simple as that.

Three more brain dead faggots. Just go back to the pc master race forum please.
At stock settings, which is 1.44v(when it should be 1.2 and change) on the stock spire cooler you will hit 90c.
"auto" is 1.44v
I changed it to 1.25 and it worked for 3.6ghz(stock) and it also works for 3.7ghz(where I have it now).

Why are people talking about a power supply now I'm confused

Shut the fuck up, I'm telling you MSI isn't a problem.
You are.
It ran my i7 for 5 fucking years.
It will run my Ryzen for as much.
Idiots who cluelessly overclock are the problem.

>calling people braindead
>doesn't understand how the PSU can effect CPU temperatures.

Anyway, all the problems you listed are motherboard problems as confirmed by yourself, retarded sperg.

>we
you and your moms bull?
>Intel sucks, and even I can tell this is a troll shit post... AMD is way better.
ftfy, yw bTw

Try taking a photo showing the stock frequency and voltage with OC disabled. This 3700mhz is clearly not "stock"

3.6Ghz isn't stock on R5 1600.
3.2Ghz would be.
What the fuck are you complaining about?