Don't mind me, I am just applying official updates for my 4 year old phone

Don't mind me, I am just applying official updates for my 4 year old phone

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/resurrectionremix/files/h811/
theunlockr.com/2015/08/23/how-to-root-the-lg-g4-t-mobile/
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h811/install
sailfishos.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/SailfishOS-HardwareAdaptationDevelopmentKit-1.1.2.pdf#page9
quora.com/How-do-you-stop-an-iPhone-from-automatically-downloading-an-iOS-update-when-on-wifi-and-charging
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't mind me, I'm just not giving a shit about useless "updates"

OP I was told that these slow it down and you can't downgrade.

good luck

MISTAKE

Except you can downgrade.

I thought iPhone was for rich people...

>company makes their own OS that only runs on a handful of devices vs company that makes their own OS that even runs in some fucking FRIDGES and literally thousands of devices
>"LMAO WHY IS ANDROID SO FRAGMENTED"
gosh OP i wonder

All smartphones are mad expensive nowadays.

Not after Apple stops signing the firmware, then you're fucked permanently.

Except no

>4 years
Looks like 40. Take care of your shit, nigga.

It's not it's just fragmented, it's pretty much abandon ware. Fridges are not to blame for companies shitting on their customers.

And yet Windows runs on millions of devices around the world from dozens of OEMs, and they're all updated straight from MS' servers no matter the hardware configuration.

Android sold its soul to get on carriers and to be adopted by OEMs by giving them full stack control. This is the price they paid for the marketshare they have now. It's a legit criticism of Android. Stop defending it.

>buy a Pixel
>they come out a few weeks later and say official update support ends in a year
>it just fucking came out
Why is Apple the only fucking company that keeps their phones updated? It doesn't make any fucking sense. It can't possibly be an exclusvely OS-level problem, because Windows, Linux, BSD, etc. all allow you to maintain an updated system for years as long as the OS can be installed. What the hell is the point of spending money on a good phone that won't break or shit the bed after a year if the people who make it just want you to throw it out after that same year? Smartphones fucking suck, but it feels like the only company not actively trying to fuck you over here is Apple.

You're wrong, bitch.

Are you joking?
My Nexus 6P still gets monthly updates and is guaranteed to be running Android 8. You've misread somewhere.

I'm /mobileposting/ on my wileyfox swift 2 right now. It's the right choice, user.

>comparing desktop/server hardware with phone hardware

They've already confirmed that updates end in 2018 on their support page, and the phone just came out 8 months ago. They said they're coming out with a new Pixel phone later this year, so I guess they just want everyone to buy that one instead. It's ridiculous.

This triggers the Androidpajeet

windows runs on a standardised platform, phones are not standardised
i don't think it's fair to blame google for the lack of phone hardware standardisation

No, you can't

Shill your FagPhone somewhere else, something called 'Open Source' exists.

Unlimited updates forever, if you know basic ADB and need the new Android that desperately. I'm running Nougat on everything I own.

This. There's a vending machine where I work that runs Android.

>tfw lg g4 STILL ON LOLIPOP BECAUSE THE FUCKS AT TMOBILE WONT GIVE ME ANY NEW UPDATES

I really want to switch to iphone now.

Even iFags know that updating your old iPhone is garunteed to cripple it

They literally give them away for free to any nigger dumb enough to want one.

I've been using Android all my life and I'm never going to install a custom ROM again despite owning Nexus devices.

It's mostly unstable pajeetware. I'd rather use old stock ROMs.

>Android sold its soul to get on carriers and to be adopted by OEMs by giving them full stack control. This is the price they paid for the marketshare they have now. It's a legit criticism of Android. Stop defending it.
sorry if i'm misunderstanding but are you actually suggesting that google should be in control and responsible for every android phone or device that exists

use a custom rom

>tmobile G4
sourceforge.net/projects/resurrectionremix/files/h811/

Can't root the G4, theres no root for it currently with the most recent security update.

No, you can't.

ANDROID BTFO
LMAOOOO

>what is a contract

theunlockr.com/2015/08/23/how-to-root-the-lg-g4-t-mobile/
so this guide won't work?

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h811/install
or this?

Haven't had an iOS device since the iPhone 4. Can you still backup your signed blobs and use them to restore to an older version?

That stopped after the iPhone 4 actually. You can still backup your blobs on newer devices, but you can't restore to non-signed firmwares anymore.

>tfw had a Nexus 5X that was updated regularly
>tfw now have a Huawei P10 and it's pretty sure support will be dropped after a year

there was no option, I'm not ready to drop iDiot prices for an iPhone that's not really that good. I just wish non-Google android phones had better support throughout their lifetime.

>security
>useless
nice meme
my ishit was slow from day one
a 3 year old Android can render webpages faster

>
>Except no
Except yes... the cheapest ones are usually Motorola's, which are shit anyway...

My bad. *good smartphones.

>I can't read
2 years "guaranteed updates" for a device priced dollar for dollar as the ishit

reason why I didn't even consider it

Can they update your sexual preference though or are you stuck loving cocks?

If anything, PC hardware is harder than the 3-4 very similar SoC ARM chipsets Android has to actually worry about.

Don't do it. It will slow your phone down.

Bullshit. Phones are more standard than PCs now. There is no reason Android can't come as a distribution that autodetects your hardware.

>shitskin ROM with no enterprise backing or auditing
>updates
yeah, good one

Something something...Jamal

Don't mind me, just applying superior unofficial updates to my 5 year old phone.

Minimum update and support period != Maximum update and support period.

this. i upgraded my 4s to ios 9 and its slow as shit now.

Yeah you really convinced the enterprise buyers with this argument. I'm sure every fortune 500 will be lining up to root their devices and install clockworkmod recovery.

Is there a general guideline of when not to update the ios? My iphone 5 on the latest will drop from full charge to 80% in a half hour and everything is balls slow.

There are a bunch of dozen arm cpus for phones. I think google has the power and capabilities to offer updates for all android devices. Surely they can make a plug-and-play platform for Android, not only to make Android ecosystem-wide updates, but also allow hardware upgrades with no hassle.

Read on this document:

sailfishos.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/SailfishOS-HardwareAdaptationDevelopmentKit-1.1.2.pdf#page9

>Phones are more standard than PCs now.
[citation needed]

>using OEM controlled/carrier locked Android shit
>ever

The Nexus line was the only decent line of Android phones. Googlel is delusional if they think they can price the Pixel dollar for dollar the same amount as the ishit and expect everyone to buy it.

They should have kept the midrange subsidized Nexus line going and get proper marketing and supply chain management. Their incapability to do this is hilarious considering they're a megacorp that likes to throw money at everything

All you have to do is look at who makes the chips that actually go in phones and it becomes readily apparent that the landscape is tiny. Microsoft has to deal with millions of peripherals, storage controllers, sound cards, graphics chipsets, etc. Phones do not have this much variability. 90% of everything shoved on the market is snapdragon and beyond that it is cellular modems, cameras, and other shit. Even Linux can hot plug and use webcams and 3g/lte modems out of box nowadays.

>Microsoft has to deal with millions of peripherals, storage controllers, sound cards, graphics chipsets, etc.
drivers are one thing, but i'm not referring to drivers, i'm referring to the basic system architecture
hardware interfaces and addresses
windows can look for hardware the on the same interfaces at the same addresses on any pc, as it has been standardized, last i checked this is not the case with phone SoC's

bullshit

this proves what?

good bait, I laughed

The SoCs are literally either ARMv7 or v8 and almost all of them are snapdragon and are cranked out a dime a dozen for multiple OEMs. Maybe the bootloader process is different, maybe some other methods are different, but this is literally nothing that google can't fix by flexing their trademark and telling OEMs to come into compliance or else not use the name 'Android' or google play services.

So?
My 5 year old android is on nougat with latest security patch.

Where's the resident pajeet with his 10-15 jpegs who bot posts in every Apple related thread? Did his dial-up connection cut out or something?

>official
>pajeet xda rom

>phone
>security
Dude, nice mainframe!

That's the part I hate about Apple and their signing.
You can downgrade if you record the key signing authorization when you upgrade to an os and subsequently past it but you needed to have planned for it.
I leave my wifi off on my iphone so it doesn't download or nag about updating else it's a pain.

I'm also applying an update to my 4 year old phone.

Like iOS is made only by Heterossexual white German engineers

Install that profile from this link:
quora.com/How-do-you-stop-an-iPhone-from-automatically-downloading-an-iOS-update-when-on-wifi-and-charging
It cripples the update system of iOS and makes it unable to check for updates. Be sure to delete the update from storage too.

Look up coolbooter.

Google's going to fix this! With Fuschia! Yet another OS provided by the same folks who thought Allo/Duo was a good solution to messaging fragmentation! Surely nothing will go wrong!

It's 32-bit only, and it's not an actual downgrade. It's a partitioning hack that lets you fuck with the bootloader and partition/file system mounting to boot into a second OS. It only applies to stuff made before 2013, and you need a jailbreak for it with ftp0 enabled.

Absolutely retarded.

>feature is not as good on other platforms so might as well just ignore the concept all together
mobileshit """""developers""""" at their finest

Phones are only good for calling, messaging, web browsing and music/video playing.

Why would you even hire inept Indians to make shitty apps that sell your info? Security on phones are a meme, nobody except retards need anything other than common sense.

t. S7 Lineage OS User, updates for the next 10 years

>I use it to consume media and """"""""""""""""""socialize"""""""""""""""" because I've never had a job or bank account
>my use case is universal because no possible other use could exist for a phone therefore you should ignore security on mobile
your posts are really making me thienk

My post included everything except social media. Learn to read.
>>my use case is universal because no possible other use could exist for a phone therefore you should ignore security on mobile
This is what 95% of people use phones for. I guess I forgot taking pictures. The only reason to worry about security is if you actually DO use some H1B-coded Faceberg or Snapchat app, in which case you deserve getting hacked desu.

Seriously, what kind of security threats do you think phones face anyway?

Why would I want official updates? Random guys in their basements know what features are wanted, and how to make shit go. If I can't load a custom ROM, a phone is dead to me.

>My post included everything except social media
did I mention social media anywhere in that post? Learn to take your own advice

>This is what 95% of people use phones for.
sure, whatever you say. Come back when you leave the basement. In the real world phones have a ton of extended use cases in corporate and personal deployments and have more sensitive data tied to them than any other device due to their privacy abusive design nature.
We should ignore security though because you use your phone as a toy and think you're part of a 95% majority?

Thanks for the laugh, this is delusion bordering on the level of comedy

that iPhones are pieces of shit

>did I mention social media anywhere in that post? Learn to take your own advice
>I use it to consume media and """"""""""""""""""socialize"""""""""""""""" because I've never had a job or bank account
Huh?

> In the real world phones have a ton of extended use cases in corporate and personal deployments
What? Get a blackberry, nobody on Sup Forums has employers that require a seperate "work" phone. OS "security" isn't going to affect the GSM signals shooting out of your phone. Unless you use some pooloo social media app, any phone is as reliable as a dumbphone insofar as security.

>Seriously, what kind of security threats do you think phones face anyway?
>still waiting for a specific response
>get vague, made-up shit
lol

>"social media" now equals "socialize"
haha, this is hilarious

>What? Get a blackberry, nobody on Sup Forums has employers that require a seperate "work" phone. OS "security

Thanks for the good laugh. I'm going to stop replying now. Feel free to mark it as internet argument won

>"social media" now equals "socialize"
What could he have meant? Phones are communication devices.

>Thanks for the good laugh. I'm going to stop replying now. Feel free to mark it as internet argument won
I wasn't even the same guy, I only replied 3 times.

enjoy your ransomware

Don't mind me, I'm just applying the official updates for my 11 year old PC running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro.

>pajeet.gurdeep.rom

Nothing uses .rom files anymore, you tech illiterate iToddler.

>your.mom.likes.my.rom

>gofuckyouself.pajeet.zip

>this proves what
Your brain incapable of reading charts.

I would agree that your memory is indeed read only. You're pretty dense.

>tfw apple provides updates that slow your phone down, forcing you to buy a new one.

>android just slows down to shit on its own without updates or pajeet rom

>Android user trying the 'your thing is pajeet shit' tactic
>post Tim Cook on an Indian business visit (India requires at least 30% of product sold in country to be made in it)

The fucking audacity. You dumb cunt.

Since when does android update its appstore in the background without telling you? Installed xprivacy a while ago and those botnet feels made me really think

>2007+10
>no built in file explorer
>no OLED displays
>no wireless charging
>no SD slots
>can't even place apps freely on the home screen
Apple products are backwards, outdated, and retarded just like all of India.

Why are you still using Google services at all?

>I always feels like pajeet is waaaaaatching meeee.

Bunch of racists. This is why I hate Sup Forums.